Giving you all Hope

Valzanik

Thought i'd share this video that Skyrush put together. This is clearly a video for entertainment but shows that maras arn't as bad as everyone thinks. We obviously still need a MASSIVE about of love and balancing. However here is a video to give you all some entertainment and hope. It can only get better from here.

Here are another two videos of Me and Sirris "dps racing" aka epeen measuring as carnage. Just thought id share. i've played the class since beta and stuck with it through good times and bad. Hopefully these vids give you demonstrate what mara can do when played to its potentially. It will only get better and it should.

Per request i will start streaming and making vids of me playing in regs/group ranked.

Edited by Valzanik

Yes, Carnage is decent at regstarring, especially when you have no tanks guarding your targets or taunting you, and 2-3 other competent players focus firing your target - stuff blows up fast. I did this with friends on my home server 24/7.

Nothing against the video, but the reality doesn't change. Throw in a tank and a healer and you suddenly hit like a wet noodle, are constantly cced / stunned, etc.

Cool video nonetheless though, and Skyrush is and always has been a top notch player that puts a lot of work into his videos, channel and gameplay.

Just.. for new marauders, please don't think this video is the normal.

Yes, Carnage is decent at regstarring, especially when you have no tanks guarding your targets or taunting you, and 2-3 other competent players focus firing your target - stuff blows up fast. I did this with friends on my home server 24/7.

Nothing against the video, but the reality doesn't change. Throw in a tank and a healer and you suddenly hit like a wet noodle, are constantly cced / stunned, etc.

Cool video nonetheless though, and Skyrush is and always has been a top notch player that puts a lot of work into his videos, channel and gameplay.

Just.. for new marauders, please don't think this video is the normal.

wassup man. Yes i must note if you're a new player or thinking about mara. CC's/taunts/slows make life very very miserable. However if played correctly it can preform in 4's. i just wanted to post something positive seeing as 99% of these posts are negative

Well beating up People from other Classes who hardly know how to play anything......I did that two on a Watchman, but then I found a Vigilance Guardian with me as the Pilot would be like:

THE GREAT AVATAR OF DESTRUCTION

Seriously why stay on a Sent when any other AC is supperior, a skilled Sent switching to the loved Twin (Guardian) is just like switching from a Sherman to a Tiger Tank :-P

I know Skyrush, he's a nice guy and good player, but farming people in regs, or clueless people in ranked that lose with clearly superiour classes doesn't prove anything or provide anything positive. I've been top 5 of my AC in group ranked every season I played. I think I have some SLIGHT understanding of this class. I can do well in regs, constantly top leaderboards (if there's noone equally skilled with a better class). Doesn't help me enjoy the game more, when Mara/Sent still sucks in ranked since 3.0, they refuse to acknowledge the issues and even dare to mock us with l2p posts. Edited by DynamiCtagez

I can only speak for anni, but with pred on a 30 second cd and off the fury system, I'm pretty sure mara's will perform admirably in group ranked, as I do on mine. Getting focused in solo ranked from the beginning might require having the ability to use vanish while stunned, or at the least change the rebuke utility to "is able to use rebuke while stunned... IN ADDITION, rebuke removes all cleansable effects" so sentinels have a second stun break like juggs do.

Marauders perform far better in a tank/healer environment. Carnage in a tank environment has the rather large advantage of having very little telegraphing, and is fairly flexible with target swapping.

Not saying marauders are great or anything, but you cannot say they are worse in a tank environment.

in no way does this give any hope. sents can be good against bads or when its 2 sents vs a single person

Well 1 Great Sent player switching to a random AC is more fearsome then a great Sentplayer on a Sent.......the later is just a meatbag that is a freekill for anyone who at least understands his own class.

Well 1 Great Sent player switching to a random AC is more fearsome then a great Sentplayer on a Sent.......the later is just a meatbag that is a freekill for anyone who at least understands his own class.

Wrong. Dunno how your server is but on the Harbinger there are plenty of Sentinels and Marauders who are quite deadly in arenas and warzones. Seriously dude please make good on your promise to go and flame the guardian forums and leave this stuff to those of us who choose to not give up on this class. The more you troll this forum the less likely we are going to be taken seriously by the devs. You really just need to stop posting your rubbish here. I've tried to ignore your posts and rubbish accusations but this is enough. You're bad. Bad for this community and clearly bad at playing this class. GO AWAY

The fact of the matter is, it has been a long journey to were I am at with the Marauder. I can easily say that the Marauder has been the hardest class to perfect (No I never was on the Smash Monkey bandwagon). I think what the OP was getting at is if you want to play Marauder and stick with it, and with tons of practice, you can get them to perform. It's not a class you can hop on and face roll people over night.

And the class is exceedingly frustrating as it has the poorest mobility and the only melee class left with only the one stun breaker. All I'm saying is, if you stick with it, it can be rewarding.

Edited by Ld-Siris

Wrong. Dunno how your server is but on the Harbinger there are plenty of Sentinels and Marauders who are quite deadly in arenas and warzones. Seriously dude please make good on your promise to go and flame the guardian forums and leave this stuff to those of us who choose to not give up on this class. The more you troll this forum the less likely we are going to be taken seriously by the devs. You really just need to stop posting your rubbish here. I've tried to ignore your posts and rubbish accusations but this is enough. You're bad. Bad for this community and clearly bad at playing this class. GO AWAY

6/10 Hardmode, but I am bad, thx I have a 46hour working week so srry I don´t have that much time to invest into raiding. We have never been taken seriously by the Devs or have you forgotten the 3 "L2play Noobs" posts that angered some people so hard they were willing to take unjustified actions against Devs;-)

Oh I never give up on a Class I loved for most of the game time and my heart burns that I am forced to main a Guardian for Hardmode after 3.2.1., as far better Sents have also already stated. I don´t know if the quotes are still in the PTS Forum.

But I am at a point were I have no motivation to be constructive and have far more fun letting of some steam and biting a producer who doesn´t seem to care for money from people maining a Sent/Mara. It is far more satisfying then taking time and thinking up constructive stuff.

We are at the point were GDL and DB in Germany stand, they are the GDL by the way, were they are the obsessed kid that doesn´t want to compromise to the communities reasonable demands and suggestions.

6/10 Hardmode, but I am bad, thx I have a 46hour working week so srry I don´t have that much time to invest into raiding. We have never been taken seriously by the Devs or have you forgotten the 3 "L2play Noobs" posts that angered some people so hard they were willing to take unjustified actions against Devs;-)

Oh I never give up on a Class I loved for most of the game time and my heart burns that I am forced to main a Guardian for Hardmode after 3.2.1., as far better Sents have also already stated. I don´t know if the quotes are still in the PTS Forum.

But I am at a point were I have no motivation to be constructive and have far more fun letting of some steam and biting a producer who doesn´t seem to care for money from people maining a Sent/Mara. It is far more satisfying then taking time and thinking up constructive stuff.

We are at the point were GDL and DB in Germany stand, they are the GDL by the way, were they are the obsessed kid that doesn´t want to compromise to the communities reasonable demands and suggestions.

Can't get Torque down aye? Bad

Btw, this is primarily a pvp thread, stay on topic

Edited by Skettitangles
Additional info

Can't get Torque down aye? Bad

Btw, this is primarily a pvp thread, stay on topic

I will let you jump to your assumptions. I think Dynamic is more qualified to post on Sents in PvP then any of us too.

Btw. don´t start to derail a thread and then ask other people to stay on topic.

I will let you jump to your assumptions. I think Dynamic is more qualified to post on Sents in PvP then any of us too.

Btw. don´t start to derail a thread and then ask other people to stay on topic.

You changed the topic dopey. Grats of your 6/10 in HM PvE. It has little to do with what's being discussed in this particular thread. You're just wasting space here being a troll and a hypocrite. Now begone bad sentinel! Go enjoy your guardian and enjoy the actual game. The less time you waste typing here will mean the more time you'll have at your disposal to terrorize those pesky rdps in warzones given that you work such long hours and have so little time to actually play SWTOR with your 46 hour work schedule and all

Ok there's good news and bad news.. The good news is that as far as top ratings for ranked pvp go marauders have leveled with juggs with snipers now taking the lowest bracket title. The bad news is that this means, in the eyes of the devs, the class is performing as intended and that the most recent changes have been successful. Not sure how much of an impact 3.2.1 will have on the ratings and of course there is no way to really measure HM PvE performance outside of player provided data but I believe that further changes to the class will slow down and be limited to utilities tweaks and hopefully an overhaul of Anni.

Ok there's good news and bad news.. The good news is that as far as top ratings for ranked pvp go marauders have leveled with juggs with snipers now taking the lowest bracket title. The bad news is that this means, in the eyes of the devs, the class is performing as intended and that the most recent changes have been successful. Not sure how much of an impact 3.2.1 will have on the ratings and of course there is no way to really measure HM PvE performance outside of player provided data but I believe that further changes to the class will slow down and be limited to utilities tweaks and hopefully an overhaul of Anni.

/Thread :rak_03: