This is not wow in space

DarthDolemite

Wow has something called community, when you enter a city like Stormwind you see people , living breathing people. 100's of them.

When you enter a city in SWTOR you see maybe 2, 3 5.

Please dont insult wow by comparing this 1-player game to a true mmorpg with a community.

If you call constant chat trolling while waiting in ques in whatever the main city of the expansion is a living breathing community I guess so.

Start hitting up the random towns around the wow world and you will see pixelated dust balls blowing through the barren streets. Does a virtual vendors footsteps make a sound when he is pathing from point a to b if no playes are there to hear it?

May the force be with you, or may wow welcome you back with open arms

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont see people all the time....you have your blinders on , this is caused by sharding...it seperates people, i know you love the game but dont lie.....the game is set up this way it isnt just on my server its on all servers.

No i do see people all the time. Really its true. It happens. I talk to them too, its incredible.

no you are literally the definition of a troll.

It has nothing to do with not being a fan. (Yet even that raises the question as to why your even here).

What do you expect to happen from your post? Your trolling because you came to the star wars official forums to tell people who love the game how crappy their opinions are and how much you believe the game sucks.

Its like comming to someones house to tell them how much you hate them. Why'd you go to their house in the first place?

Cause I payed 60.00 +15.00 to enter?

Wow has something called community, when you enter a city like Stormwind you see people , living breathing people. 100's of them.

Yes, standing around doing nothing except paying for a graphical IRC client so they can cyber or chat for hours, or hopping for 30 minutes straight, or spamming trade with anal [skill] jokes.

No thank you.

I left WOW after 7 years becasue the community is a bunch of empowered douchebags. The reason they stay playing a 7 year old game is becasue the makers of it listen to and respond to their complaints. Most of which are baseless and serve only to make the game easier to play for casual kids.

1 million subscriptions in a few days is a remarkable feat, and I hope that more keep coming, but the last thing i want to see is a bunch of trolls standing around Org staring at each other with nothing to do. No amount of Panda Bears and Pokemon pet fighting would ever make me go back. But then again if it goes FTP..... Maybe I'll get my toons back. Until then, hello brave new world.

Funny I see the exact opposite. Groups everywhere. General chat moving so fast its hard to read. Plenty of people out there.

pretty much this. I see people questing in the same area as I do, all the time, and that's with sharding in place. people are chatting, grouping, etc. I see people in the fleet. what I don't see is general overcrowding that slows my computer down to 2-3 frames per second.

Better than seeing 3 people total in a major citie.

So did you bash WoW in TBC and WotLK when you saw no one in the major cities?

Shatt and Dalaran are not major cities for your information and they also included both factions.

Now I am not saying SWTOR does not have flaws, it does, but to come here and praise a game on the decline, just lol

and 50 people per instance ***? it's more 150-200 per instance.

Edited by Tekkoclarky

OP has yet to answer my previous questions. To add more, you have to understand that this game just came out. What will there be in the next 7 years? This game has plenty of time to develop more content to further develop a community around.

This is biowares baby and they will milk it.

yes we know the instancing is horrible.. but the 50 people per will change they put 50 as the benchmark so their servers dont nearly explode like they did during the beta stress test.. also people are gone for the holidays and new year

have you ever thought about that?

Cause I payed 60.00 +15.00 to enter?

The 15 is free for now so you paid $60.

So instead of leaving quetly and doing something else you sit in the middle of a party of millions who are having a good time just to be a buzzkill?

I bought WoW and I now want my money back. I paid 60+30+30+30 + subscription fees to enter.

Yet when I stopped having fun I didn't troll their forums. I packed up and tried other things.

The game isn't going to change instantly and no one here is going to change their minds because of you so you are accomplishing nothing at all.

We are all playing the same game and, as you can see, are having quit the different experience.

I feel like you are trying to tell me my desk is black, yet I can see it right in front of me and its clearly brown. I can play the game too and in fact going to jump back in it right now. You are telling me something that I both don't see and don't care about in the least.

I'd still play the game If I was the only person alive to play it. Because its extremely fun to me.

So did you bash WoW in TBC and WotLK when you saw no one in the major cities?

Shatt and Dalaran are not major cities for your information and they also included both factions.

Now I am not saying SWTOR does not have flaws, it does, but to come here and praise a game on the decline, just lol

and 50 people per instance ***? it's more 150-200 per instance.

Included both factions? Seems lpretty major if you ask me.

Please dont insult wow by comparing this 1-player game to a true mmorpg with a community.

yep been to imperial fleet today at 2pm est....16 people on it...nice number for a game just released 5 days ago.

Nope. Looks like the game is doing fine to me. http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/611/swtorb.jpg

Edited by roadrunner

Yes, standing around doing nothing except paying for a graphical IRC client so they can cyber or chat for hours, or hopping for 30 minutes straight, or spamming trade with anal [skill] jokes.

No thank you.

That's exactly the same as swtor, except I spend those 30 minutes spamming general for a group.

lol you says please don't insult wow by comparing this game to it, yet that's the point!

This game shouldnt be compared to WoW!

/thread

I dont know, I have yet to see anything resembling a "Major City" unless you count the two fleets that are there currently. I played the head start and never had a lack of people running around at any given time. Most of the group quests I never even grouped half the time, just ran over to where it was and saw at least half a dozen people doing the quests then tagged along. Im sorry there is no Stormwind or Orgrimmar for you to sit in and BS in trade channel, but it seems this game is based more around the small quest hub scenerio than a single major location for players to congregate.