Some of us still support you Bioware

fujeotwo

will give the next Cantina event an entirely different feel.

Granted, saying something over the internet is completely different than what someone would say face to face (well we all HOPE) but I can't think what someone that "emotional" (unbalanced?) would do.

And now I'm sure they will be rethinking their cantina events from this point on (at least I would).

actions have consequences

They'd be fools not to rethink the cantina events. They have to put their workers' safety first and foremost.

Dear god, these lunatics are making us look like CoD fanboys.

They'd be fools not to rethink the cantina events. They have to put their workers' safety first and foremost.

Dear god, these lunatics are making us look like CoD fanboys.

how long until we hear about a "SWATTING" of one of their employees? I think at that point, game (and/or forums) go Poof. or at least a few hundred accounts.

how long until we hear about a "SWATTING" of one of their employees? I think at that point, game (and/or forums) go Poof. or at least a few hundred accounts.

I expect something like that to happen the next time they try and stream.

I expect something like that to happen the next time they try and stream.

I don't think we can expect a stream from them anytime soon.

Just when their communication levels were showing signs of improvement, this **** happens. I really hope BW forwards all the pertinent data to law enforcement

i was away for a day and come back to anger, whats going on now?

Anaesha stirred up a bunch of angst by being Greek and talking about shotguns.

Oh, and some guy said French people don't act like hillbillies.

Edited by Vember

I've been an impartial observer since the beginning. I went back and read every. single. post. on the sent/mara forums just to make sure I knew what was going on. I have a sentinel and a marauder. My brother used to main a mara before he went to jugg tanking. Granted, I don't main the class, but I wanted to make sure I knew both sides of the story before making any judgement whatsoever.

I fully stand behind Eric Musco, the Dev Team, the Combat Team, and every other BioWare employee. Hands down.

I love this game. I've played it for years. I have 22 characters, a maxed legacy, a cartel collection worth a ridiculous amount of money, and my wallet always hurts when a new hypercrate comes out. I've written stories and created continuing chapters of my sorcerer's story because this game and its writers inspire me that much. Hell, I even have trouble with my family because they think my world revolves around this game! :D

Yeah, it's not perfect. My favorite and mained class since launch was pretty maimed after the last Class Gutting Nerf Session went down (Oh Lightning. We hardly even knew ye, and no, force storm absolutely needed its nerf.). I didn't agree with it at all. A vast majority of the sorc community disagreed with the changes. I've personally disagreed with a lot of things the team has created, responded about, allowed, you name it. I tend to keep quiet as much as I can on the forums aside from small posts here and there, because to me, it's like talking about religion and politics on Facebook: You just don't.

I get it. Being ignored sucks. The feeling of being blatantly ignored is even worse. Being blatantly ignored by people in power can make people take a hit to self esteem, self worth, you name it.

But by no means does that excuse the behavior that was demonstrated.

Good on you, Eric Musco. Way to defend your coworker.

Good on you, BioWare, for standing up for your employee.

Good on you, EA, for cracking down immediately.

I wish I could do more than just anonymously post my support on a game forum that only a small amount of people read. I wish I was super cool enough to come up with this viral going hashtag or some other really annoying social media hyped something or other...

But I can't. And I'm not.

But I got your back, BioWare. From the sound of it, a lot of people do.

/signed

But I got your back, BioWare. From the sound of it, a lot of people do.

/signed

I think, more than they know. Because critics are always louder than their opposites. It's a sad thing, really. I'm glad someone started this thread. Detractors may write it off as full of "biodrones" and people just sucking up to BioWare, and all that, like it's some sort of crime to show your support for something.

Haters gonna hate.

And with 12XP, you barely have to! :D

This is true...

Unfortunately I am almost 50 on my JK and almost done with the class story.

It's looking like I'll have to do some Makeb in order to hit 55 then go into the Revan storyline.

It'll be KDY runs for a while me thinks.

Jesus people are nuts. I always joke at my job, as I wear my geekdom on my sleeve-and shirt usually-that there are fandom people who there who "make me look well-balanced." I joke, but holy crap, ***? I play a Sentinel, yeah I dont pvp, but I have fun playing as him, its not like every time I log onto that character a foot comes out of my comp screen and kicks my dog. The only combat change I havent been thrilled on in this game was the force storm one, solely in that I like seeing that 6 seconds of POWER!

How do we know that what Eric posted is even true? How do we know that this isn't something that happened way back that they now used to divert our attention from the real problems? Or as an excuse for added silence. Where's the proof?

...blind belief is not my forte.

How do we know that what Eric posted is even true? How do we know that this isn't something that happened way back that they now used to divert our attention from the real problems? Or as an excuse for added silence. Where's the proof?

...blind belief is not my forte.

Do you sleep with that tinfoil hat on, or do you just sleep in a lead-lined room? :rolleyes:

There's healthy scepticism and then there's outright paranoia.

I hadn't even seen that. That's just horrible. It's one thing to be unhappy about the state of your favourite class, but it's quite another to go out and harrass someone and their family. That's just horrifying... what level if idiocy does a person need to reach to find this ok? Honestly, I probably don't even want to know. It's just disgusting and completely and utterly unwarranted.

I'm with this guy. What happened was absurd and ridiculous. Those fools went full retard and deserve every bit of pain coming their way.

That already happened to a Bungie exec.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/08/bungie-exec-swatted/

Bomb threat against EA Burnaby:

https://twitter.com/ScanBC/status/583756367925772288

Gearbox HQ victim of Bomb threat:

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2014/10/06/gearbox-targeted-fake-bomb-threat#.VU399ZOGO3E

Game developer Infinite Interactive receives death threats:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/game-developer-death-threat,news-1621.html

Sony:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/fbi-investigating-lizard-squad-s-bomb-threat-on-soe-president-john-smedley

I think Bioware is doing an awesome job from where they began. I started playing when the game first launched and loved and been play ever since. It was rough in the began but what mmo is perfect? Bioware is always bring new content all the time. i would like to see more PVP maps and other things too the PVP world. Keep up the great work Bioware.

Yeah, there's a bunch of sad pathetic losers out there that feel empowered by doing stuff like this to game developers.

Miserable turds. They deserve any punishment they get for doing stuff like that.

Yeah, there's a bunch of sad pathetic losers out there that feel empowered by doing stuff like this to game developers.

Miserable turds. They deserve any punishment they get for doing stuff like that.

Agreed.

People wonder why aliens stay away, when the the braindead amongst us kill each over ugly sports based shoes and go full retard over -video games- :p id stay away too... :(

And when I thought the TOR forums couldn't get anymore toxic. I stay out of the class threads (for good reason) and good god what happened was ludicrous. I took a month long hiatus from the forums (which I ended a few weeks ago) and this is honestly making me consider resuming that. This whole situation is just nuts.

I fully understand the players being upset about nerfs and such. Heck, I was ***-ing over Orbital Strike and Fly By being nerfed to tossing daisies at npcs instead of full on roflstomping like it used to. But I didn't go find the devs or combat team and harass them. I just cussed up a storm, huffed in anger, shrugged and moved on.

There's no excuse for anyone to insult, threaten, or actually touch (if they tried) a game employee. I mean ffs this is a game! Is it perfect? Hell no. But I do get enjoyment out of it. Sure during the ending of SoR when the last boss was buggy as hell I was cussing up a storm, but I worked around the bugs. I was upset, VERY upset that the republic intros were working as intended but the imperial ones weren't, but I didn't stalk the game developers cause this is only a game.

I seriously wonder how the human race survived for so long with stupid people like the ones Eric talked about.

I may not agree with some of your changes, Bioware. Neither do I like when stuff I look forward to is bugged as hell, but you've got my support.

Edited by Eanelinea

I fully understand the players being upset about nerfs and such. Heck, I was ***-ing over Orbital Strike and Fly By being nerfed to tossing daisies at npcs instead of full on roflstomping like it used to. But I didn't go find the devs or combat team and harass them. I just cussed up a storm, huffed in anger, shrugged and moved on.

There's no excuse for anyone to insult, threaten, or actually touch (if they tried) a game employee. I mean ffs this is a game! Is it perfect? Hell no. But I do get enjoyment out of it. Sure during the ending of SoR when the last boss was buggy as hell I was cussing up a storm, but I worked around the bugs. I was upset, VERY upset that the republic intros were working as intended but the imperial ones weren't, but I didn't stalk the game developers cause this is only a game.

I seriously wonder how the human race survived for so long with stupid people like the ones Eric talked about.

I may not agree with some of your changes, Bioware. Neither do I like when stuff I look forward to is bugged as hell, but you've got my support.

Societies most powerful tool is shame. If you remove the ability to shame, or remove the impact of shaming (people no longer have self respect and community shame means nothing) you removes societies ability to police itself...and thus darker parts of the internet and lawlessness ensue and society in general suffers.