Ziost is total rip off

lironBD

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what this is it. No continuation of Rise of the Emperor no nothing or am i missing something????????

The emperor ate the entire planet and now you got some "scouting" missions on the dead planet as daily area on barren world.

No ending to the Emperor line and no info on what just happened.

5 mins cutscenes.

I would be ok, with not a lot of story content, but that dailies. It is like what? This game changed to adventure, no mobs, no fights. Just running around like idio* trying to find objectives to click on them. It is the MOST boring daily area i ever saw, with pretty much nothing to do.

So what this is it. No continuation of Rise of the Emperor no nothing or am i missing something????????

If you haven't noticed, the maniac just sucked the life out off Ziost just like Nathema before it..kinda cool. No thanks to freaking Revan...

Dame BW if only you didn't kill Darth Malgus at the start :mad:

It was supposed to be a surprise.

You weren't supposed to know it was happening until it happened.

Then people complained, the surprise was ruined and now people are complaining because it wasn't what they "expected."

That's all fine and dandy, but if you don't want people to complain and practically demand an update, don't leave the story arc standing with one of the most obvious cliffhangers ever, especially not with an unfinished quest in the log.

I do understand that they just wanted to have a little surprise for Star Wars Day but even if I hadn't known about it, I highly doubt that this rushed, unsatisfying and completely bland "conclusion" would have been a pleasant surprise.

I see where OP is coming from. that cut scene was crazy and I thought to myself "this is gonna be cool" and so it slapped me into a daily area. I figured I need to "explore what happened" and I would get the rest of the story...so I finished all the dailies and the weekly...and nothing happened. Nothing. For about five minutes I thought I had missed something...Why did we need to wait? I don't get it. But it was a fast daily area so its going on the list I hit up for weekly quests.

The conclusion to the story was awful.

I really hope the story team firstly make the death of a world more meaningful in future. Perhaps it was the way they just turned to dust or the utter inevitability that lacked any emotion depth.

But what made it awful was that the all powerful being said he would destroy the world, you land confront him and he destroys the world. You involvement is insignificant and after a week of waiting the conclusion of the story is exactly what it appeared to be. Where are the plot twists where is the desperate struggle to evacuate people.

And finally what impact does this have on the galaxy. The conclusion appears to be yet another crushing defeat of an imperial world by once loyal imperial forces. And yet aside from a mail from Marr what effect does it have on anything? Once does the emperor attack an imperial world over a republic one? Who now leads the empire?

By "ripoff" they mean "disappointing". A rip off can mean something is way overpriced or something is disappointing/lazy/underwhelming etc..

Ripoff doesn't have disappointing as a definition in any dictionary I've looked at.

Just more grade school drop outs making up new meanings for words to hyper inflate their nerdrage.

I see where OP is coming from. that cut scene was crazy and I thought to myself "this is gonna be cool" and so it slapped me into a daily area. I figured I need to "explore what happened" and I would get the rest of the story...so I finished all the dailies and the weekly...and nothing happened. Nothing. For about five minutes I thought I had missed something...Why did we need to wait? I don't get it. But it was a fast daily area so its going on the list I hit up for weekly quests.

So much this.

It was supposed to be a surprise.

You weren't supposed to know it was happening until it happened.

Then people complained, the surprise was ruined and now people are complaining because it wasn't what they "expected."

Honestly you weren't supposed to be expecting anything. You weren't supposed to know that anything other than 12x XP was going on today and if the cat hadn't been let out of the bag early then, maybe, some folks reaction would have been different.

BW, if you read this please let this be a lesson, don't announce something that you intended to just spring on us ever again. This is what you get in return for your hard work.

If it was supposed to be a surprise then BioWare blew it when they set up the mission to click on a terminal that made people wonder what was going on. They could have just sent an in game email to do the quest when it when live today and then they could have kept it a surprise. After all, the easiest way to keep a secret is to not let anyone know that it exists in the first place.

Yeah, they've really been sticking it to the PvEers lately. PvP gets everything the past few months while PvE gets nothin.

You do know that some people might read what you said and agree with you. After all, are all nerfs done for PvP, and they have been working on nerfing players lately.

'HARD WORK?' This game has been amateur hour for at least the last year.

Go play WildStar if you wanna see amature hour. Play WoW where you would have paid for that patch. Play just about any MMO.

SWTOR does a good job. They aren't spectacular, they leave a lot of bugs and the problems the game has piss me off, but on the flip side I've not played any games in the past 3 years that have been able to drag me away from SWTOR. As a matter of fact many of the games I have played recently have caused me to spend MORE time in SWTOR.

pretty good for free IMO

Well said.

For all the QQ'ers:

You didn't pay for this update, you got to play the content for free. Beggars can't be choosers and don't look a gift horse in the mouth. It could be worse you coulda gotten a poke in the eye with a sharp stick while the cat peed in your Wheaties.

If you want something better go learn how to code and make your own game.

For all the QQ'ers:

You didn't pay for this update, you got to play the content for free. Beggars can't be choosers and don't look a gift horse in the mouth. It could be worse you coulda gotten a poke in the eye with a sharp stick while the cat peed in your Wheaties.

If you want something better go learn how to code and make your own game.

Actually people paid for that with SoR, since it is continuation of story that happened there.

Stuff like costume designer or galactic housing of GSF was for free, this wasn't.

Well I liked it I thought it was pretty cool, I just dont get why we had to wait for that littlle bit and dallies. I sort of expected a few more quests then what we got. I did think it was great though

I think it's since they felt obligated to do something for May the fourth. Although I would have rather just had 12x XP for May the Fourth and had all of Ziost on 3.2

I think it's since they felt obligated to do something for May the fourth. Although I would have rather just had 12x XP for May the Fourth and had all of Ziost on 3.2

Honestly, I feel like it was planned to be piecemealed out 1 day at a time. You notice how during the Ziost story it had you return to the orbital station to talk to the console which would start the next area after a certain break?

It felt like they wanted to release 1 part a day and there were (4-5?) total parts, leading up to May 4th. But then they decided that breaking it up into 20-30 minute chunks once a day for 5 days wouldn't be that good and decided to go with this instead.

Ripoff doesn't have disappointing as a definition in any dictionary I've looked at.

Just more grade school drop outs making up new meanings for words to hyper inflate their nerdrage.

You actually spent time looking up the word in the dictionary?

Ever heard of the term "slang"? Maybe you should look that one up too.

/facepalm

Edited by DartDaya

You actually spent time looking up the word in the dictionary?

Ever heard of the term "slang"? Maybe you should look that one up too.

/facepalm

Actually... no, ripoff is not synonymous with ripoff even in slang terms. Ripoff does have implications of being cheated, lied to, or harmed in some fiscal sense... I think you are stretching to defend someone ripping on the game.

As for Ziost, anyone is free to their own opinion... but at least use the right words for it ;)

It could be worse you coulda gotten a poke in the eye with a sharp stick while the cat peed in your Wheaties.

Thats the thing though...people would be happy with a poke in the eye with a sharp stick and people like you would say...."it would be worse!!! it was free wasnt it? stop complaining!!"

I'm glad this "discussion" has devolved in a semantic discussion about the term "rip off". Seems about right for this type of thread.

My view on that: If someone means disappointing, then say it's disappointing. Why does he use "rip off"? Simply because he's trying to give the topic more gravity by using a stronger term. However, using stronger terms usually invites discussions like this...so it's rather counter productive if you're trying to make a serious point.

Guess he's not trying to make a serious point. Thanks for venting to us, have a nice day.

Actually... no, ripoff is not synonymous with ripoff even in slang terms. Ripoff does have implications of being cheated, lied to, or harmed in some fiscal sense... I think you are stretching to defend someone ripping on the game.

As for Ziost, anyone is free to their own opinion... but at least use the right words for it ;)

Actually you're incorrect. You can use rip off when youre describing something as underwhelming or disappointing or lazy, which is exactly what the OP said. he may have also felt cheated by expecting more from this update.But he used the term correctly anyway.

Stop defending yourself over something you're 100% wrong about. Maybe you don't see it yet. Ah well. You can continue making yourself look ridiculous.. :rolleyes:

Edited by DartDaya