Prophecy of the Five will not survive the summer

ariasfel

Let's face it Bioware, the game becomes less active during the summer months.

Prophecy of the Five's population is in terrible condition. My guild, along with another decided to form an alliance of sorts to help keep things fun and interesting, but that guild has now transferred to another server, and things are looking bleak. The server status is always light, and I often don't see more than a single instance for either fleet. Queues take too long, ranked pops are ridiculously infrequent, and you can pretty much forget about GSF. Even queuing for flashpoints as a tank I have to wait at times. During the rakghoul event it was even difficult to get pug groups for the Eyeless at times. I imagine things will be similar or worse once we get to the Gree event in two weeks.

My guild has managed to do quite well with the situation, and we usually have 25 - 30 people on at prime time. We have put great effort into bolstering our numbers and keeping things fun, but I know of several other guilds that are struggling big time.

A few months ago I agreed that cross server queues would be a great way to address the population issues, but the problem has outgrown that solution. I don't want to run around empty planets, and I love open world PvP.

Honestly, as much as I'm going to hate renaming some characters, we really need a server merger. This has gotten out of hand and there is no other fix.

Please read and take this seriously, I have a well established legacy of characters and I shouldn't have to spend ~$300 to transfer to a new server. I also like my friends, so that's out of the question anyway.

Edited by ariasfel

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game survived times when there was 10 people on the fleet during day, it will survive now.

He's not saying the game will die, he's saying the PoT5 server is dying, which it is...

For several months "Light" has being the default status for the server and since the status of a server as calculated on SWTOR is based on current total active population it means people have kept on leaving it faster then the server status can re-calculate the new total population.

12x XP is gonna be make-or-break time for that server.

Either enough people will come back to give it some life, or else having the chance to quickly level up characters will lead those who've stuck with it up to now to seize the opportunity to easily set themselves up on a more populated server.

I don't want to sound all doom and gloom here but as someone from POT5 I have never seen the server this way. Yes we took a few hits and got population instabilities along the years but I have never seen it this way.

The republic fleet does not even hit the triple digit mark while the empire fleet doesn't reach a second instance. It used to be rep fleet with 1 or 2 instances and empire fleet with 2 or 3.

What is worse is that A LOT of people are leaving to different servers. Some of the biggest guilds of the server already left en bloc.

In PvE you can't get any pug ops going on (it is really hard to find groups even in prime time), not to mention flashpoints. In PvP the rated time window has shrinked and there are really few people doing it. There is no rated team left (very few exceptions).

I understand that the population drops when the game is on a drought or a hard situation (bugs, exploits, unbalance and so on), as it happened a few times on POT5, but this time it is different, it is worse, a lot worse. I also know that we complained about this a couple times in the past, but please believe me when I say things are very different this time.

Nowadays I log in the fleet and can't do anything besides reg wz all day. I honestly don't know how to find incentive to play this way, and I'm sorry to say this but I won't pay 15 character transfers to a company that doesn't care for its own servers. I shouldn't need to spend so much money to be able to play the game.

The worst part is that we have been complaining on our server forums for a while now and there isn't a single comment on this by the dev team.

Edited by Capote

12x XP is gonna be make-or-break time for that server.

Either enough people will come back to give it some life, or else having the chance to quickly level up characters will lead those who've stuck with it up to now to seize the opportunity to easily set themselves up on a more populated server.

The second part seems more likely, since ganking is probably going to be the name of the game while leveling.

Certainly a higher level of quality should be expected. At prime time several nights ago the Republic fleet had 56 people on it.

Fleet has 106 on it right now.

Before the first time I can remember seeing 12 people on the fleet a prime time on Vulkar Highway. The game will go one, just need them to finally do the next mega-server merge which is clearly what the 'better than cross-server" solution is.

My guild and I ''left that server''. We have our mains there, but we don't log in there anymore. We play alts on other servers now. POT5 is horrible. Not worth loggin in there. Edited by SOULCASTER

People wonder why PvP Servers are most times the ones that vacate first.

Except for other pvp servers such as harbinger and bastion are doing noticeably better than PoT5. The reason was that PoT5 was home to a very toxic community that drove out all but the most stubborn and hardcore players.

Let's face it Bioware, the game becomes less active during the summer months.

Prophecy of the Five's population is in terrible condition. My guild, along with another decided to form an alliance of sorts to help keep things fun and interesting, but that guild has now transferred to another server, and things are looking bleak. The server status is always light, and I often don't see more than a single instance for either fleet. Queues take too long, ranked pops are ridiculously infrequent, and you can pretty much forget about GSF. Even queuing for flashpoints as a tank I have to wait at times. During the rakghoul event it was even difficult to get pug groups for the Eyeless at times. I imagine things will be similar or worse once we get to the Gree event in two weeks.

My guild has managed to do quite well with the situation, and we usually have 25 - 30 people on at prime time. We have put great effort into bolstering our numbers and keeping things fun, but I know of several other guilds that are struggling big time.

A few months ago I agreed that cross server queues would be a great way to address the population issues, but the problem has outgrown that solution. I don't want to run around empty planets, and I love open world PvP.

Honestly, as much as I'm going to hate renaming some characters, we really need a server merger. This has gotten out of hand and there is no other fix.

Please read and take this seriously, I have a well established legacy of characters and I shouldn't have to spend ~$300 to transfer to a new server. I also like my friends, so that's out of the question anyway.

I dont know anything about PoTF, but I can tell you that activity is way down on Jedi Covenant. PvP queues can take upwards of 30 minutes during peak times and an hour or more in off peak times. Ranked PvP?.......I've queued twice during the evening for it and left after 2 hours of nothing. Case in point.......Ziost is in its first week of release on Friday at 8pm there were 2 instances of about 40 people and one depopulating instance. Now, figure the same numbers for the opposite faction and you maybe have a total of 160 people doing Ziost at 8pm on a Friday night. 160 people out of the entire server doing brand new content during peak time is not good. Not good at all. Server mergers are needed so badly right now. People will leave if they dont do this. I have 22 toons, no way in hell am I paying to transfer 22 toons to a new server. I dont think anyone in their right mind would. If players are faced with the choices of remaining on a dead server or paying a very high price to transfer, they will leave.

Except for other pvp servers such as harbinger and bastion are doing noticeably better than PoT5. The reason was that PoT5 was home to a very toxic community that drove out all but the most stubborn and hardcore players.

The Toxic is growing on Covenant... slowly but surely!

I transferred my main from pot5. Had the cc saved, and now I got my legacy on a high population server, next to no wait times for pops, and still have my few other toons back there in case things improve. I just didn't see the benefit of being on a low pop pvp server when there is really no owpvp.

Jedi covenant does not have these problems so I can't say anything but that the game is doing well from my servers perspective.

Really? Ive noticed a large decline in activity on JC the last few months. PvP queues taking longer and longer every week. Ranked queues almost non-existent. Just over 100 people doing Ziost on a Friday night at 8pm. 100 people out of entire server doing brand new content on a high population day and time is NOT GOOD at all. Cant keep active players in my guild. Recruit 10 new people and only 1 or 2 are still playing a month later. We have to recruit everyday just to keep our two guilds between 400-500 toons. JC is decling, as are most servers I think. I hear people from several different servers are fleeing to Harbinger.

This was more true than most know. If you follow the community backwards through time:

It was (SWG) Bloodfin --> Fatman -- > POT5

SWG was different game form swtor, and Bloodfin was a no holds barred pure balls out pvp and meta gaming guild destruction server. The toxicity of the community was part of its charm, and the pre-req of acceptance. The meta gaming PVP mentality spilled outside of the game into forums, TS/vents, and guild sites. This game can't handle, and doesn't offer the sort of player/forum freedom that swg offered, and as such, ultimately the pvp community of POT5 imploded with little outlet other than to jump ship to other servers. I now think most that community has taken root on the Bastion.

Edited by Holocron

The Toxic is growing on Covenant... slowly but surely!

People are leaving already because of various reasons, CS, Bugs, everything revolving around pvp for changes (meaning reflecting on pve as well) but the main reason in my thoughts is the dumbing down of the game (backwards in damage, skill tree's)...No new Character Story content which set this game apart from others, just the same planet missions on both sides really sux and they (EA/BW) don't care about the community. so a lot are leaving anyway. All they seam to care about is their Cartel Market and trying to make really small content releases seam big...

The name itself is whats keeping this game alive but that's even beginning to fade by the way it's managed and will and up hurting future SW''s games in the process...

just my opinion, or is it?

P.S. didn't mean to quote my own...lol. But it's still true

Edited by Confucious

People wonder why PvP Servers are most times the ones that vacate first.

As someone who has played MMOs for almost 12 years now, I don't find it surprising at all. Heavily PvP focused players tend to overestimate their importance and % of the overall population, and have a very low tolerance when they are not treated at the priority level they think they deserve over any other type of gameplay. They are very loud and needy, but have very low loyalty, their motto might well be "What have you done for me today?". In every game I've played with PvP type servers, they are the ones that tend to be "dying" (and according to those players, the game with it) while the PvE servers are thriving or growing.

It is true that my server is not healthy. I dont know if time will change it. The community may be a cause but the levels of ganking are llow regardless of what people may hear. You can run dailies for a month and rarely be bothered. The biggest causes are the neglect the pvp side in regards to content, and problems on the pve side in regards to content. When the server's top three guilds leave or experience a drop in their skilled player base its not a good sign. Hopefully the changes to the operations and group finder help stem the tide. But without new pvp content there's just not going tobe a big positive trend.

People are leaving already because of various reasons, CS, Bugs, everything revolving around pvp for changes (meaning reflecting on pve as well)

I love how pve players ALWAYS make this statement yet the class changes are almost always because of pve. Even through BW's own admission they make changes based on raid performance. The only major nerfs/buffs pvp ever gets is towards defensive utilities. If there's a damage nerf, its almost always because the class is over performing in a raid.

Do like most people did(including I) and move to The Harbinger. :rak_03:
I moved an alt a long time ago, never played it. Then the legacy just got very far behind. I want to play on a PvP server, so if I ever was to move again I would probably move to Bastion.