Bioware, you cant just fix a bug, arent you?

unibim

That is always a possibility while coding. You fix one problem and another problem shows up due to that fix. It's not uncommon and should always be expected.

What? Did the bug guy forget to spray in a corner of the code or something? Call Terminex instead!

No, seriously, people are dumb and think fixing bugs is something that always runs smoothly and easily. Because internet and entitled.

What? Did the bug guy forget to spray in a corner of the code or something? Call Terminex instead!

No, seriously, people are dumb and think fixing bugs is something that always runs smoothly and easily. Because internet and entitled.

Sadly true.

I think the better the code management is from the beginning the less likely it becomes to get new bugs while fixing old bugs. So it is possible, but I understand that BioWare simply bought an engine and probably never fully understood it before coding a lot of stuff upon it, quite some of that rather poorly, so it is no wonder that this happens basically EVERY god damned patch, that BioWare breaks something while fixing something else. Since lets be real here for a moment, sure stuff can go wrong and you occationally see a bug happening while fixing something, but that is not the exception with SWTOR, that happens so often that one must really wonder how sloppy their coding is and how terrible their code managament is.

I think the better the code management is from the beginning the less likely it becomes to get new bugs while fixing old bugs. So it is possible, but I understand that BioWare simply bought an engine and probably never fully understood it before coding a lot of stuff upon it, quite some of that rather poorly, so it is no wonder that this happens basically EVERY gosh darned patch, that BioWare breaks something while fixing something else. Since lets be real here for a moment, sure stuff can go wrong and you occationally see a bug happening while fixing something, but that is not the exception with SWTOR, that happens so often that one must really wonder how sloppy their coding is and how terrible their code managament is.

Even with Methodical code management it's still possible to miss something when you are running through thousands of lines of code and you never know what issue might pop up after you make the content live.

Even with Methodical code management it's still possible to miss something when you are running through thousands of lines of code and you never know what issue might pop up after you make the content live.

Sure, I know that and I addressed that, I am saying that it is nevertheless too often that this happens with SWTOR, that implicates in my opinion that the code is rather poorly handled here by BioWare. I never really looked into it myself... not much of a data miner, but I wouldn't be surprised if I looked into it and would find it to be done quite sloppy.

That is what beta testing is for. That is what the test server is for.

Do you really have to descend to the level of name-calling, just because OP said something you disagree with? Why the gratuitous nastiness? Would it kill you to be at least civil?

That is always a possibility while coding. You fix one problem and another problem shows up due to that fix. It's not uncommon and should always be expected.

it's a mere lack of familiarity with the job is all. It's the same reason that many folks think an airline pilot's job is very easy or pretty much any other job. Lack of familiarity. Bugs will happen.

it's a mere lack of familiarity with the job is all. It's the same reason that many folks think an airline pilot's job is very easy or pretty much any other job. Lack of familiarity. Bugs will happen.

Pretty much. I learned how annoyingly difficult coding can be in collage which is why I chose to NEVER take up coding as a profession.

It's the classic song.

99 little bugs in the code

99 little bugs

you take one down, patch it around

127 little bugs in the code

99 little bugs in the code

99 little bugs

you take one down, patch it around

d7 little bugs in the code

*fixed it for you*

Edited by Zharik