The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So Bioware, about people bypassing the locked part on Ziost to fight the OP Boss etc.

MeNaCe-NZ

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As I mentioned earlier this morning, we very quickly isolated what the exploit entailed and began an investigation into players who have participated. As of now, we have identified those unique accounts which have gone into the blocked off area of Ziost, and killed one of the two bosses present. For each of these players, they will receive a minimum of the following action:

• Multiple day suspension
  • Removal of all gear earned through defeating those bosses
  • Removal of all achievements earned through defeating those bosses
  • Reduction in Elite and Ultimate Commendations

We will continue to monitor the blocked off area of Ziost throughout Monday, May the 4th, which is when it opens officially. Any player who is found to participate in this exploit beyond today’s notice will likely receive more aggressive action. Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

-eric

Thanks for the fast action Eric.

What would you do, execute them? It's a very reasonable action.

Exactly! They did the right thing.

It goes live in a few days anyway. While I think 3.2 could have been patched in special for May 4th and not make us wait. BUT I am glad Bioware take these kinds of exploits seriously. Thank you guys

They need to also say"This is an Exploit" bold and clear, front and center, when they respond to such things. Leave no room for error.

They did. Look at Eric's first post in this very thread. Page 6, I believe.

Edit: sorry, page 5.

Edited by Andrellma

Hey folks,

As I mentioned earlier this morning, we very quickly isolated what the exploit entailed and began an investigation into players who have participated. As of now, we have identified those unique accounts which have gone into the blocked off area of Ziost, and killed one of the two bosses present. For each of these players, they will receive a minimum of the following action:

We will continue to monitor the blocked off area of Ziost throughout Monday, May the 4th, which is when it opens officially. Any player who is found to participate in this exploit beyond today’s notice will likely receive more aggressive action. Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

-eric

Handled appropriately, imo. Nicely done!

I want to see a hotfix at some point before monday. 204 Mainhands need to be removed from the game. 198 mainhands shouldn't even be dropping this ****. Torque fire needs to be changed to something else, even if it's the old fire. Seriously, this is dumb. While you're at it, close off the new area until monday.

Should the devs make you breakfast too while they are at it? lol bro.

I vote for crucifixians along the Appian Way.

That might be a bit extreme...just a bit...:eek:

The BEST part of this whole thing...

The speed with which they've acted to address it. I can't say how impressed I am with how well THIS exploit was handled, start to finish.

For each of these players, they will receive a minimum of the following action:

Thanks for the update, this means a lot to honest players who don't want to break the ToS. :)

It is nice to know that you are taking action, and these actions feel entirely appropriate for the situation since this is not as big as some previous exploits, and it sets a good standard for how you will handle future exploits.

I'll wait until I actually hear about individual players receiving action before making my final judgment but trust that those actions will indeed take place and affect everyone with no exploiter left out.

Edited by Jerba

Thanks for the update, this means a lot to honest players who don't want to break the ToS. :)

It is nice to know that you are taking action, and these actions feel entirely appropriate for the situation since this is not as big as some previous exploits, and it sets a good standard for how you will handle future exploits.

I'll wait until I actually hear about individual players receiving action before making my final judgment but trust that those actions will indeed take place and affect everyone with no exploiter left out.

The ban is 72 hours according to someone who received it posting on Dulfy's site.

Edited by darkov

Color me somewhat impressed at their response time, but May 4th is still a ways a way, so we'll see how hard they really throw the hammer down...

Still a long ways to make up for the years of issues we've put up with so far...

Color me somewhat impressed at their response time, but May 4th is still a ways a way, so we'll see how hard they really throw the hammer down...

Still a long ways to make up for the years of issues we've put up with so far...

You willingly pay for issues, no one is forcing you to give them $15/month.

Hey folks,

-eric

Hey, remember when people exploited multiple sets of gear, and all they got was a single day suspension? Yeah...

Hey folks,

-eric

I appreciate the quick reaction to this.

At the same time it's an indication of the effect of this whnen you see how these people are posting video's of how they beat this boss on youtube gloating about it. This is the side of MMOs that I always found a bit unfortunate I suppose, but the epeen is strong in these guilds. They consider the 3-day ban "totally worth it". Clearly a 3 day ban is not a deterrent at all and that's something to think about I suppose.

At the same time it's an indication of the effect of this whnen you see how these people are posting video's of how they beat this boss on youtube gloating about it. This is the side of MMOs that I always found a bit unfortunate I suppose, but the epeen is strong in these guilds. They consider the 3-day ban "totally worth it". Clearly a 3 day ban is not a deterrent at all and that's something to think about I suppose.

It shows who those datacron explorers are and what they are like - posting screenshots and videos of the kill...

I'd say the BW staff worked quickly on this but I think personally I would have been happier seeing that the ban put in place would have kept the offenders out of the game until the 5th preventing them from being on the first team to finish the new boss but I can be a bit of a jerk at times.