The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So Bioware, about people bypassing the locked part on Ziost to fight the OP Boss etc.

MeNaCe-NZ

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a convenient time for you to get self-righteous. I'd say you're about the last person that should be calling for others to get sanctioned.

Again, for people accessing content 5 days early. Are you being serious? The way some of you talk you'd think these guys were hacking into people's accounts. The time to set an example was with Ravagers and they failed to set the example they should have. This is not even remotely close to being on the same level.

This is without a doubt a non-issue. In fact, so much so that Eric should not have even addressed it. Grats to those that figured out how to get to a hidden area a few days early. Let's move on....

It is an issue! Just because you did it and want it to be a non-issue, it does not make it one.

Here is the thing, as Infernixx wrote: BW made clear back then that all future exploiters after the Ravagers will be punished severely. Now, take the Ravagers as your last warning. From the next exploit on, they will act properly.

Now, I don't know if they do that. But honestly, if I would be BW and I would find a cheater here that already cheated with the Ravagers, I would permaban him. No matter how much money he puts into the game. Honestly, he had it coming. And then he gets the chance to think if it was worth it or maybe 5 days waiting time wouldn't have been so bad after all.

Thinking about it, maybe don't permaban the player. Just reset all his chars, achievements, legacy, buffs and so on. Leave him with all naked level 1 chars and give him the chance to start playing properly all over again.

Thinking about it, maybe don't permaban the player. Just reset all his chars, achievements, legacy, buffs and so on. Leave him with all naked level 1 chars and give him the chance to start playing properly all over again.

MY GOD you're extreme...thank God you don't work for Bioware.

12XP will mean not much time to prepare the defenses for the underwear stylin' player's steady march back to 60 on his/her quest for revenge!

:eek::D

MY GOD you're extreme...thank God you don't work for Bioware.

Agreed. Maybe give them 6 days off to make up for the jumpstart they gave them selves and take away the 204 drop. That would be fair. You only need to come down hard on the repeat offenders.

It is an issue! Just because you did it and want it to be a non-issue, it does not make it one.

I didn't access the hidden area nor do I intend to. I'm now allowed to say anything more than that as there is an extreme amount of censorship on this thread. All you need to know is that exploit = bad. Disagreeing = delete.

But what I would like for you to respond to is how you think this particular exploit harms the game. I haven't heard anyone make a compelling argument for this particular issue. Lots of people talking about past issues or future issues that haven't happened yet.

It doesn't harm the game it creates an unfair game environment. Waiting for the 4th to do the content gives everybody equal opportunity to be the first to finish it or be able to claim that they got the MH drop on the release day. It is about fairness not about breaking the game.

How hard is it to put in an effective barrier?

Is this an example of (yet again) poor design? Or is it an example of sheer ingenuity on the part of those who discovered the exploit?

If the former, BW should look at banning themselves.

I was looking for a datacron there when i got attacked by that monster. So had to kill it in selfdefence.

I'm not guilty

Don't be silly. The devs would never put a datacron in a hard-to-reach area that requires tons of jumping and avoiding obstacles to get to.

But what I would like for you to respond to is how you think this particular exploit harms the game. I haven't heard anyone make a compelling argument for this particular issue.

I'll try...

Nobody likes me. They call me names in chats 1-4, chat 5 is just system messages. Every guild I've ever been in has fallen apart. When I enter a WZ, even the enemy team quits. The reason this exploit hurts me is because once all the cool kidz have their weapon, I'll be left alone on the planet with nobody left who is forced to play with me. :(

See...it directly hurts me...

I'll try...

Nobody likes me. They call me names in chats 1-4, chat 5 is just system messages. Every guild I've ever been in has fallen apart. When I enter a WZ, even the enemy team quits. The reason this exploit hurts me is because once all the cool kidz have their weapon, I'll be left alone on the planet with nobody left who is forced to play with me. :(

See...it directly hurts me...

It sounds like you got a preview for your life a week from now after it's gone live. :(

On a separate note I'm calling for perma-bans for anyone that has the Monsters of Makeb achievement for killing the rancor in the zoned-off area on Makeb. It's clearly not meant for access and is an exploit.

Edited by RandyL

If that's the case, how does a player who doesn't follow the forums know this exactly? The only thing I can guess is that the method they're using clearly shows a desire to exploit and push past? As in to say, they know exactly what they're doing and it's not something they just stumbled on thinking they found?

"Dear Judge. Excuse me. I did not know that stabbing a man with a knife was an offence. I promise to never do it again, but please don't send me to prison."

I'll admit it, that example was a bit over the top. There is one thing you can do when something doesn't work - check the forums. The terminal doesn't work, that is what people have been saying and asking about for the past twenty-four hours. There is always someone saying: "The area is blocked until 4th May.". There is no way somebody could not get all the information from /1.

I'll also admit that some people turn of /1 while playing through a new story, but is it really too much to ask for just to turn it on for one minute and ask?

There might be a few players who really stumbled upon the new area on accident, that's too bad. But that's how it is: Sometimes you are not lucky. If they didn't kill a boss? Give them a slap on the wrist and let them go, but somehow show that you are monitoring exploits.

Again, for people accessing content 5 days early. Are you being serious? The way some of you talk you'd think these guys were hacking into people's accounts. The time to set an example was with Ravagers and they failed to set the example they should have. This is not even remotely close to being on the same level.

This is without a doubt a non-issue. In fact, so much so that Eric should not have even addressed it. Grats to those that figured out how to get to a hidden area a few days early.

Wrong. The area was not supposed to be accessible by now. The statement was pretty clear:

"I can tell you that it is 100% intended. The final part of 3.2 will unlock on the 4th of May, next Monday."

Someone in those guilds must have heard about that statement, but everyone choose to ignore it. It doesn't matter if it's a week, a month or an hour. They decided that gaining an unfair advantage over others was the way to go. Now they have to deal with the consequences, no matter how hard they may be.

I hate it how people justify exploiting in this forum. If you exploit, then please have the balls to admit you did it and take the consequences. This "I exploited, but I think it is not an issue" stance is ridiculous. You played against the rules, now you have to stand up for it.

It sounds like you got a preview for your life a week from now after it's gone live. :(

On a separate note I'm calling for perma-bans for anyone that has the achievement for killing the rancor in the zoned-off area on Makeb. It's clearly not meant for access and is an exploit.

man, you are salty, aren't you?

This all goes back to the ancient legendary question of "If the game lets you do it, should you do it?" and if you do it "is it illegal to do it up until it's officially said to be illegal?" Let the court room commence.

I mean we had another thread where someone says they are getting PVP camped at the med center after already getting stomped by peeps 30 levels higher than them and sending them there. Are we really surprised if the game lets you do something and some players are going to do that something? I'm not. Not saying it's right, and now it's clearly stated it's wrong, but I'm not surprised. It's been this way for as long as I've known online gaming. I think it's not subject to discipline until it's clearly stated that it's deemed illegal, before that strip what was obtained, after that point it's subject to the hammer. And as far as I know, that moment was this thread, right? jmho

p.s. and no I didn't do it, completely impartial one way or the other, just giving an opinion..... ;):cool:

Edited by Code_Airwolf

I didn't access the hidden area nor do I intend to. I'm now allowed to say anything more than that as there is an extreme amount of censorship on this thread. All you need to know is that exploit = bad. Disagreeing = delete.

But what I would like for you to respond to is how you think this particular exploit harms the game. I haven't heard anyone make a compelling argument for this particular issue. Lots of people talking about past issues or future issues that haven't happened yet.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't care whether people are doing this or not, the important thing for me is that BioWare has come out and said it is an exploit, with the intention of "dealing" with the offenders.

What, if anything, BioWare do, is all that matters.

If they'd laughed it off, that would've been fine, but now they've made a statement they need to follow through with it or.. well there is nothing else.

I hate it how people justify exploiting in this forum. If you exploit, then please have the balls to admit you did it and take the consequences. This "I exploited, but I think it is not an issue" stance is ridiculous. You played against the rules, now you have to stand up for it.

Because it's not possible someone could disagree and NOT have taken advantage of the exploit, amiright?

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As I mentioned earlier this morning, we very quickly isolated what the exploit entailed and began an investigation into players who have participated. As of now, we have identified those unique accounts which have gone into the blocked off area of Ziost, and killed one of the two bosses present. For each of these players, they will receive a minimum of the following action:

• Multiple day suspension
  • Removal of all gear earned through defeating those bosses
  • Removal of all achievements earned through defeating those bosses
  • Reduction in Elite and Ultimate Commendations

We will continue to monitor the blocked off area of Ziost throughout Monday, May the 4th, which is when it opens officially. Any player who is found to participate in this exploit beyond today’s notice will likely receive more aggressive action. Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

-eric

Hey folks,

As I mentioned earlier this morning, we very quickly isolated what the exploit entailed and began an investigation into players who have participated. As of now, we have identified those unique accounts which have gone into the blocked off area of Ziost, and killed one of the two bosses present. For each of these players, they will receive a minimum of the following action:

• Multiple day suspension

• Removal of all gear earned through defeating those bosses

• Removal of all achievements earned through defeating those bosses

• Reduction in Elite and Ultimate Commendations

We will continue to monitor the blocked off area of Ziost throughout Monday, May the 4th, which is when it opens officially. Any player who is found to participate in this exploit beyond today’s notice will likely receive more aggressive action. Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

-eric

Very nicely done Eric! Kudos to you guys on this one.