Maintenance. What... ?

Cranberries

Generally speaking we are aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays. We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players. We are also aiming to inform players of the precise duration of any weekly maintenance period at least 24 hours before the maintenance begins.

Okay, cool.

Time: 4AM CST (2AM PST/5AM EST/10AM GMT/11AM CET) to 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET)

Off-peak time is ... During the day, for European gamers? Fun. This is ridiculous. On my Christmas break I can't even play a game because late morning to early evening is counted as "off-peak" in the eyes of Americans?!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, cool.

Off-peak time is ... During the day, for European gamers? Fun. This is ridiculous. On my Christmas break I can't even play a game because late morning to early evening is counted as "off-peak" in the eyes of Americans?!

last one was at 6pm cst, wich mean that USA wasn't able to play during the ivening ^^

It would definitely be nice if they did staggered maintenance for different regions. But, they're just starting out and working the kinks out of their operations schedules. I wouldn't be surprised if this was handled more smoothly in the future.

Patience young jedi.

On my Christmas break I can't even play a game because late morning to early evening is counted as "off-peak" in the eyes of Americans?!

Yes. Glorious American master race. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, no one time is great for all countries. Someone needs to get shafted, and apparently it was calculated that shafting you would annoy the fewest number of customers.

If only they would do the maintanence on seperate days like some other company off their peak hours.

It really dosn't make alot of sense but then again gives me a reason to stuff more ham down my face.

Edited by Sohtaraz

If only they would do the maintanence on seperate days like some other country off their peak hours.

It really dosn't make alot of sense but then again gives me a reason to stuff more ham down my face.

Turkey, beef, lamb and chicken in our British household. ^__^

It would definitely be nice if they did staggered maintenance for different regions. But, they're just starting out and working the kinks out of their operations schedules. I wouldn't be surprised if this was handled more smoothly in the future.

Patience young jedi.

That's really the kind of thing you should have worked out before you go live. It's not like their operations teams were put together in the last month, they've been there for months.

Bioware is Canadian so what is the deal with insulting Americans? Why don't they make North American off peak just to stop QQ; I don't care! Come on now.

The game is awesome so you want play but have some respect for maintenance which makes the game even more playable.

Thanks to Bioware for even releasing this several days BEFORE Christmas break so we could all play the best MMORPG in history. Just take a chill pill and enjoy your break.

~peace

Bioware is Canadian so what is the deal with insulting Americans? Why don't they make North American off peak just to stop QQ; I don't care! Come on now.

The game is awesome so you want play but have some respect for maintenance which makes the game even more playable.

Thanks to Bioware for even releasing this several days BEFORE Christmas break so we could all play the best MMORPG in history. Just take a chill pill and enjoy your break.

~peace

This isn't the best MMORPG in history, sorry to burst your bubble.

I like it, sure, it's a good time waster. Stops me doing university work, which is always pleasant. It's definitely not the best MMORPG though. Not by a large, large margin.

This isn't the best MMORPG in history, sorry to burst your bubble.

I like it, sure, it's a good time waster. Stops me doing university work, which is always pleasant. It's definitely not the best MMORPG though. Not by a large, large margin.

I would really love for you to tell me whats a better MMO?

Okay, cool.

I'm honestly not sure why they can't have different maintenance times for European and American servers. It would make sense. It's not like they're all in the same physical location after all. I'd rather not have my maintenance on the West Coast start at midnight, either. I like to play until 1 or 2 in the morning sometimes.

I'm honestly not sure why they can't have different maintenance times for European and American servers. It would make sense. It's not like they're all in the same physical location after all. I'd rather not have my maintenance on the West Coast start at midnight, either. I like to play until 1 or 2 in the morning sometimes.

I'm not trying to say that they "can't" do it in two different batches. But, it would take more time than doing them all together and they'd need more staff than they currently have.

~peace

Bioware, Austin, CANADA.

:csw_jabbapet:

Okay, cool.

Welcome to the world of second class citizens. The EU doesn't count. Until they split the servers and do the maintenance separately this problem will continue.

We should get maintenance at 2am our time but that means more work for them and they like to do everything as cheap as possible. So we are all done in one go and they dont' give a rat's arse.

I'm not trying to say that they "can't" do it in two different batches. But, it would take more time than doing them all together and they'd need more staff than they currently have.

They have staff in Ireland. I mean what would they have to do that they don't already have to do?

~peace

Austin is in Texas which is in the U.S. EA is also an American company (much to our shame.) Bioware Edmonton had little to do with the development of TOR.

Welcome to the world of second class citizens. The EU doesn't count. Until they split the servers and do the maintenance separately this problem will continue.

We should get maintenance at 2am our time but that means more work for them and they like to do everything as cheap as possible. So we are all done in one go and they dont' give a rat's arse.

Then get off your "arse" and make your own MMO. If these games were run out of Europe, and we were getting shafted by the maintenance times, you'd all be telling us to suck it up. The game is run out of the US. It's run by US business hours. You cannot expect companies in other countries to be able to do things on your time schedule.

Maintenance has to be done at some point, and unfortunately, because the world is divided into sections, somebody is going to lose some time.

As my final point, while I live in the US, I am usually awake during the night, and sleep during the day. This means I lose out too. I'm just fine with that though, because I'm not part of their peak players, and that means it's better for them to inconvenience me than all of the people playing during their peak hours.