Pax Republica is recruiting! PvE/PvP/GSF. Stable SWTOR guild since 2009

NwahsNirom

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Pax Republica> is on it's way to conquering its first planet this week: Tatooine! Not in stone yet, but a 1.1 million lead in CQ Points definitely has everyone's hopes up :)

An outstanding effort has been put forward by just over 70 players alone. Keep it up guys and we can make history!

Edited by Jaing_Veran

Lot of good Ranked matches tonight! Great fights between <Aisthesis> & <Rage Storm>! Got a lot of practice in with our new tanks and healers, too. Pax is looking great coming out of 3.3 release. More Group Ranked tomorrow, probably Pax on Pax depending if we can get other teams in queue.

In other new: WE FINALLY CONQUERED A PLANET! TATOOINE IS OURS!

We came in 7th, then 2nd, and now we finally take 1st! Great effort by everyone :) 5 million points total!!

I am proud to say that Pax Republica, a non "zerg" guild (a guild that just invites anyone randomly) has CONQUERED TATOOINE! Great job everyone!

We still want about 20 more members to meet our member cap of 100. We especially still need talented, committed DPS for the HM raids, maybe one or two more HM tanks, and we would love more pvp'ers especially those that want to do RANKED pvp!

I am not a typical poster on these forums, but I am a constant lurker. I have played the game since launch and have leveled 11 toons all solo. My only MMO experience that I had done in the game was through group finder and PvP/GSF. PuG OPs usually took more time to assemble than I spent playing in them and usually ended in failure.

I had to believe there are others out there like me who have had that same experience, and that is why was compelled to post in this thread.

PvP is getting popular again and guilds are becoming more active in it. Premades are very common and I am on the wrong side more often than not. I enjoy PvE, but the good gear is gotten through OPs. PuGs want players to have good gear, but I can't get gear unless I do OPs. I knew I needed a guild if I was gonna continue to enjoy the game.

There was always spamming for guilds in gen-chat, but rarely did I see the same name twice. I didn't want a 'fly by night' guild. I wanted something that i could invest my time in and contribute to. I didn't just want someone to group with, I wanted to be part of something special. I decided that I would keep notes about the guild names I saw while I was doing the activities i enjoyed ,and build up a list of candidates that did everything i liked. Some of those guilds had websites that I started to lurk on. All had organization to them, and some sort of activity on them, but Pax Republica stood out to me. Their fair but strict screening process (you can see the applications that didn't get accepted and why), their ideals spelled out in a charter, and the amount of time they have been around made me decide to apply. I just finished my second week of membership, and my trial is nearly complete. I felt I have l gotten more gaming experience these past two weeks, than in the last two years. I have been on several raids that enabled me to finally experience some endgame content. They have embraced my desire to take my PvP game up a notch. I get to contribute to planetary conquests, and getting to know everyone in TS has been awesome as well. These are good people.

To make the most of my experience with them i decided to journal things i did during my trial on their guild site. I talk about the players i interacted with and the activities I participated in. If you are interested here is the link: http://pax-republica.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10915170&gid=118791

If you are like me, dedicated and looking to take that next step to really start enjoying the game, I highly recommend Pax Republica.

Well it has been one month to the day that I made this post. I am happy to say I am still truly enjoying my time with Pax Republica. Getting to know everyone has been really fun. I have learned SO much about playing my main toon from Pax that I am now starting to get my feet wet with HM raiding. That is something I couldn't imagine myself doing a year ago.

In addition to my own improvement, I have taken amazement in some of the new recruits that have joined the ranks. Some had similar experience as me with MMO and guilds, others have been long time MMO vets. Interacting with them both in TeamSpeak and in game, and witnessing their enthusiasm for our guild has made me feel more confident that I am not just looking through 'rose-colored classes' when I game with Pax.

Pax Republica has instilled a sense of pride in myself when I play my characters. Having that tag attached to my name has truly changed my gaming experience to something I didn't know it could be. I am instilled to try and share that enjoyment with others.

To some players, that may sound lame, and that is okay, not everyone games for the same reasons. Odds are those players who wouldn't appreciate my sentiment wouldn't enjoy themselves with us, nor us with them. Our forums contain all the applications who both pass and fail their trials and why.

It has also been great having people 'miss' me when I am not online for awhile. I can honestly say that is an MMO first for me. Additionally, I have become acquainted with Paxians from of course North America, but also Great Britain, Ecuador, Denmark, and ones deployed abroad. Just yesterday I raided with someone when the OP Started at 4am their time, and they were very disappointed when the sun came up and they knew it was time for bed. Wouldn't you know it, they signed up for another raid tonight that starts at the same time.

Yes it is safe to say I found my Guild home for this game and beyond. I hope you will to.

Pax is looking to fill out a couple of slots for a second HM raiding team set to run Mondays and Thursdays currently considering a time of around 8pm EST. Looking specifically for a melee DPS and a healer though all roles welcome to apply. Edited by Aestel

Please invite me I am a lvl 60 Marauder character name is Dryian Looking to do more hard mode fps to get the comms i need to start doing ops and will commit as much time as i possibly can to helping the guild reach the goals that you have set and participating in those hard mode pve and ops challenges. Dryian on the Harbinger Empire

• 2 weeks later...