Trooper ending absolutely horrible SPOILERS

hunterareop

i was excited to see whatt the end of the story would be like but... wow you capture rakton than let him go... you go to corusant talk than it ends... the decisions are both horrible i dont see letting a imperial leader that wants to rage war fair than if you dont you have to quit (darkside points)

also you dont see any more after that example

Sergent jaxos

i save her over 300 other men and she just leaves really? i was getting soft for her i mean i dont wanna sound like a nerd but this infuriates me

i atleast thought she would become a companion or sommeone that chills in my strong hold.... well im trying bounty hunter next hope its better

Edited by hunterareop

Jaxo was one of the most gripping moral decisions in the game. In that respect it's great.

I agree that the Chancellor just letting Rakton go was infuriating, but that's what made it a powerful scene. Like you I was actually angry after seeing that. When a video game can make you feel stuff, it's doing something right.

Jaxo was one of the most gripping moral decisions in the game. In that respect it's great.

I agree that the Chancellor just letting Rakton go was infuriating, but that's what made it a powerful scene. Like you I was actually angry after seeing that. When a video game can make you feel stuff, it's doing something right.

^ this. If the game story brings out an emotional reaction in you, good or bad, then it is at least in some measure, successful.

jaxo leaving was depressing but i was happy i atleast saved her but also STILL LEAVING sometimes the game design is horrible

spoilers

http://imgur.com/pqGIGJ6

she even says she will contact me time to time and nothing at all never seen again... i didnt get time to romance that blonde girl either

the jaxo thing actually made me think about it, it was a hard choice, as for rakton i took the option to resgin and not take any medal if he was released because then all of that crap we went through was for nothing.

yeah sigh i saved jaxo for her to leave.. unrewarding but atleast i saved her

for rakton like you said EVERYTHING for nothing...

the jaxo thing actually made me think about it, it was a hard choice, as for rakton i took the option to resgin and not take any medal if he was released because then all of that crap we went through was for nothing.

Indeed it did, for me my ds trooper I had to let her go, but for the General I think Aric or myself got to kill him.

I don't care how elite Jaxo is,

I couldn't believe that her life was worth 300 people.

The only companion that did was M1-4X...

which hurt my relationship with him, I never used him again after that mission.

its not that shes elite well she is but she was a cutie and very nice and not annoying like elara dorne

oh and that droid is like a corrupt officer you can say the most meanest things ever or do the worst things and it will increase his affection only companion that did...

Should have taken the DS choice.

The better option for just about every major story choice in the trooper storyline.

its not worth bc she also leaves you but i guess its worth knowing you saved her from being blown up :) bc i was... but i was also mad that she left i wanted her as my companion...

This is why your supposed to just shoot rakton. It doesn't even give darkside points if you do.

That's what I did. I never actually finished it as a LS either, so it was a very easy thing to do. :cool:

That's kind of the point, and why everyone is so appalled at your decision when you do it.

Booty call > 300 brave soldiers. :p

It's one of the most selfish decisions to make in the game.

(Also, awww! I guess Forex gets emotionally attached! That wacky robot :D)

Edited by Callaron

Well.....The trooper has probably the most dull class story. (ok good job, now next mission.....good job,now next mission) Not much depth in the cutscenes.

That being said, it has a pretty kickass finale in chapter 2 and 3. I spoke against her and went dark. Garza agreed with me.

Well.....The trooper has probably the most dull class story. (ok good job, now next mission.....good job,now next mission) Not much depth in the cutscenes.

That being said, it has a pretty kickass finale in chapter 2 and 3. I spoke against her and went dark. Garza agreed with me.

It's less dull if you don't play the good soldier and talk back to Garza. And blow up everyone that looks at you the wrong way.

To me playing DS trooper felt a lot like being in an old Stallone, Willis or Schwarzenegger action movie, where they dangle baddies over ledges and then drop them anyway once they got what they need. :D

You could have stopped Rakton's release, so it's your own fault he was released.

I took the threaten to resign choice because back on Corellia, Rakton said that he had gathered intelligence that would allow him to conquer the Republic within months. There's a chance that he was bluffing or exaggerating, but I see no reason to risk it. There's also a chance that he'd be executed by the Empire for his failure, but he'd surely tell them everything before being tortured and then be tortured anyway to ensure that he's not leaving anything out.

Edited by Dan_Loto

I enjoyed the trooper story more than I thought I would. I've done it twice now. The first time, I told Saresh, "heck no" regarding Rakton and she acquiesced, so no harm done. The second time, I let her release him, but I didn't feel good about it. I may do the story again now with 12x coming up, and this time I think I will shoot Rakton while he's out in the field and avoid that whole mess to begin with. ;)

I think the trooper plays pretty well both light and dark side. The key, in my mind, to making any story really come alive is to decide on your character's uncompromising principles and then stick with them throughout. My first trooper I decided would follow orders to the letter, with the belief that getting the job done was all that mattered. She ended up dark side and Garza loved her, but I had a lot of civilians call her a heartless monster. :o The second time, I played an legacy unlocked Imperial race, and I decided that my big scary body type 3 guy would do anything to cement his reputation as a upstanding moral citizen. He was unfailingly polite to everyone and always took the high road. That was also pretty fun, especially the time he infiltrated some Imperial base and the guy inside was like, "Who the heck do you think you are!?" He responded, all sweetness and light, "Pleased to meet you sir, I'm from Havok Squad." I got a laugh out of that one.

I feel like the trooper ending (and trooper is my main) is probably the most honest and true to life story / story ending in the game - you are a solider, and your commanders will, and do, stuff you don't like, stuff that will often go against everything you already did. That's forces life.

I am pretty sure I just popped Rakton in the face and called it a day. Jaxo definitely hit me where I live and honestly was the best romance option in the game, if you could call her a romance option. I was pretty bummed when she didn't become a companion at any point in the story. The one that got away I suppose.

I am pretty sure I just popped Rakton in the face and called it a day. Jaxo definitely hit me where I live and honestly was the best romance option in the game, if you could call her a romance option. I was pretty bummed when she didn't become a companion at any point in the story. The one that got away I suppose.
exactly i was so freaking bummed