SW:Rebels - season II

t-darko

Ha so for those who watch Walking Dead which is the worse tease?...Ahsoka's fate or whoever Negan killed?

Walking dead ending was way more annoying, almost as frusterating as sopranos.

Even if we are unsue about ahsoka, exra opening the sith holocron....heck yeah

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though kinda wondering why Ezra was allowed to open it without Kanan being there.

I doubt he was allowed to, since it was supposed to be for at least the both of them, and Kanan probably still doesn't like the idea of using Sith knowledge at all.

More than likely, the holocron opened because of the growing darkness it sensed in Ezra.

Either Kanan doesn't know Ezra has the Sith Holocron, or he simply doesn't want to belive Ezra could fall for the Dark Side so fast, for Kanan not noticeing. kanan didn't realised one major thing, Ezra is already in bound with the Dark Side. Maul on the other side already felt it. Kanan still behaves more like a father figure than a Jedimaster. He want to keep Ezra safe, thinking by doing so, Ezra will not get tainted by the Dark Side. The thing is, as Filoni already said, Ezra has already seen a lot of bad stuff especially for his age. Even being together with his friends, they do a lot of bad stuff. For him this is normal. He doesen't really have a true fair haven for mind and soul. And this is acutally what is turning him. Not the influence from the outside, but what is already inside of him. Edited by Isnogut

Though kinda wondering why Ezra was allowed to open it without Kanan being there. Kinda curious to see what the holocron does to his mindset.

It kinda looked like he did . A lot of rumors going about that Ezra is EP8s main Villian played by Benicio Del Toro

It kinda looked like he did . A lot of rumors going about that Ezra is EP8s main Villian played by Benicio Del Toro

I think "wild speculation" might be more accurate at this point. The only source of rumours I've seen was based on speculation from the mid season 2 trailer that has since been debunked by the finale

I think "wild speculation" might be more accurate at this point. The only source of rumours I've seen was based on speculation from the mid season 2 trailer that has since been debunked by the finale

This show is canon correct ?

He is being pulled to the Darkside

Rumors are always speculations

I didn't see anything debunking it or proving it , the season finale was good though .

This show is canon correct ?

He is being pulled to the Darkside

Rumors are always speculations

I didn't see anything debunking it or proving it , the season finale was good though .

Oh there is little doubt Ezra will have issues with the Dark Side (Filoni has confirmed as much)

Jumping to him being the villain in ep 8 is a huge step though.

A lot of the reasoning behind it came from the idea that Ezra was bowing to Maul when he said "call me Old Master" which we now know is not the case at all.

Also the crossguard lightsaber led people to think it connected him to the Knights of Ren, which again, there is no indication of.

Those hints were already in place since Benicio del Torro was named for being the villian in Ep8. This last seasoned episode from the show only strenghtened the rumors. Benicio del Torro might have the right age for Ezra in Ep8. He has the hispanic touch, ...that Ezra have. He is a Darksider, ...wich by now we are quite certain Ezra will be. We also learend already before the release of the second Season of Rebels, that this particular Darksider should have the power to control lesser creatures. ... Especially this made me think right after the first time we saw Ezra taping for the first time into the Dark Side. This is quite the coincidence.

Those hints were already in place since Benicio del Torro was named for being the villian in Ep8. This last seasoned episode from the show only strenghtened the rumors. Benicio del Torro might have the right age for Ezra in Ep8. He has the hispanic touch, ...that Ezra have. He is a Darksider, ...wich by now we are quite certain Ezra will be. We also learend already before the release of the second Season of Rebels, that this particular Darksider should have the power to control lesser creatures. ... Especially this made me think right after the first time we saw Ezra taping for the first time into the Dark Side. This is quite the coincidence.

Hmm, what do we know about the villain in E8, is there any official links we all should be aware of?!

It is far more likely Ezra would toe the line with Dark Side, I seriously doubt he'll dive in head first, and there is nothing in Rebels currently to suggest he will, and the fact Filoni likes teaching moral lessons in his shows (think the fortune cookie type quotes at the start of TCW episodes), I seriously doubt he'd have a character whom he has made a lot of effort to develop as someone who struggles between light and dark just suddenly go full dark, especially on a kids show.

As for the ep 8 villian's abilities, source?

Those hints were already in place since Benicio del Torro was named for being the villian in Ep8.

Since Supreme Leader Snoke, Kylo Ren, and General Hux all survived the destruction of Starkiller Base (Snoke wasn't even there), what basis do you have for making this outrageous claim?

Since Supreme Leader Snoke, Kylo Ren, and General Hux all survived the destruction of Starkiller Base (Snoke wasn't even there), what basis do you have for making this outrageous claim?

The fact that Del Toro's in it, and is playing a villain.

The "big villain" or villains are obviously Snoke & Ren (Hux coming in a little behind Ren now that Snoke is going to "complete" his training), but it seems like some are imagining a repeat of the prequels where we had a new "poster boy bad guy" each film -> Maul, Dooku, Grievous & (eventually) Anakin, and Papa-Palpatine behind it all.

Just saw Twilight of the Apprentice, got lucky and tripped over it being on the Disney channel. I'll have to keep an eye

out for if they play the rest of the second season, sense I have only seen the first 9 episodes.

Good episode, a return of a guy who just can't seemed to stay dead, killed off a few more inquisitors and another what happened to Ahsoka for fans to be going on about.

Then there was this sith temple with an all life ending weapon in it. Hmm, now where have I seen something like that before?;)

• 1 month later...
Just saw Twilight of the Apprentice, got lucky and tripped over it being on the Disney channel. I'll have to keep an eye

out for if they play the rest of the second season, sense I have only seen the first 9 episodes.

Good episode, a return of a guy who just can't seemed to stay dead, killed off a few more inquisitors and another what happened to Ahsoka for fans to be going on about.

Then there was this sith temple with an all life ending weapon in it. Hmm, now where have I seen something like that before?;)

It's not even a hint, it's an assumed reference to KOTOR. The world is literally named Malakor.

And I will put Ahsoka :

"There's always a bit of truth, in Legends"

Pretty nice to see that Disney will keep using some Legends pieces as they see fit.

Pretty nice to see that Disney will keep using some Legends pieces as they see fit.

I honestly do not know why some believed they would do otherwise. Why did some just assume that because the old EU was shifted to "Legends" status that it would all just be thrown away like yesterday's bath water?

I honestly do not know why some believed they would do otherwise. Why did some just assume that because the old EU was shifted to "Legends" status that it would all just be thrown away like yesterday's bath water?

Because Ep 7

Honestly, credit should be given more to Filoni than Disney for bringing Legends stuff in.

Because Ep 7

Honestly, credit should be given more to Filoni than Disney for bringing Legends stuff in.

But even then they put E7 30 years after E6...basically the overwhelming majority of the post-RotJ EU/Legends timeline takes place BETWEEN E6 and E7. Granted we did not know that until E7 came out, but now we do know and yet there are some who still believe that Disney has completely thrown out the EU/Legends.

But even then they put E7 30 years after E6...basically the overwhelming majority of the post-RotJ EU/Legends timeline takes place BETWEEN E6 and E7. Granted we did not know that until E7 came out, but now we do know and yet there are some who still believe that Disney has completely thrown out the EU/Legends.

actually no

New Jedi Order, Swarm War, Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi all happen during or after in the timeline. And they are some of the largest series in Legends.

Jacen, Jaina, Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker, the New Jedi Order etc. all thrown out.

Yes, Ben Solo is obviously a nod to Jacen Solo and Ben Skywalker (more Jacen than Ben), but that's pretty much the only thing they used from the old EU, and it's a bit of a stretch as it is.

Honestly, I don't think this was really a bad thing, but they could have done it better, like how Rebels frequently references stuff from Legends (stuff like sabaac, the Sith Code etc.), while rewriting the history of the birth of the rebellion. But Disney wanted their own story, from scratch, and while I still very much enjoyed ep 7, it was a bit jarring.

Have a hard time giving him any credit, with the way he's destroying the Inquisitorious, making all the Inquisitors streamed lined and weak as ***.

Sure Legends Inquisitors weren't great either, but they at least were versatile in different powers. Which Rebels should be doing them, thus making each encounter with an Inquisitor different and the crew having to fight in different ways...but nope...nope, let's just have them all be the same with double bladed lightsabers and TK ability.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Filoni seems to want to have his cake and eat it too reference things like the inquisitors. On the one hand, he wants to kill them off because they were never mentioned in episodes IV, V, and VI; yet is happy to add a living Darth Maul even though I have found no mention of him as alive after episode I.

I would suggest the galaxy is a much larger place than can be recounted in 6+ (for inquisitors and Jedi). There is no reason inquisitors or Jedi could have survived into episode IV and beyond. They simply were not involved/known to the key players and events from the movies...so far.

I also go back to the idea that there was always a first Jedi. By that I mean if someone figured it out without the existence of an order the first time, someone can do it again.

It comes down to, if Maul can exist past episode I there is no reason there cannot be inquisitors and Jedi into the rebellion era and beyond.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.