Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer

Beniboybling

Gonna have to agree, I'm really not a fan of the lack of Clone Wars era troops.

Really not a fan of it at all. It's a shame, I was looking forward to this game.

The trailer was pretty meaningless.

Aye, I'm with ya on this one.

Would've been nice had they just remade BF1 + BF2 in a splicy way. As in, keep both eras, keep Space combat + ships in ground battles etc.

But alas, it won't be that way. There is DLC, of course, so that could be a way of getting those features added to the game.

And then there's a possibility that these features will be added to the next installment of the franchise. I don't know, it's a bit early to judge a rebooted series' first installment already (and I'm assuming there'll be more BF games since, y'know, EA + hype = sequels before game is even out)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even counting the DLC Dicefront will have less content than the original battlefront 1 had at launch.

The campaigns in BF were crap. Why waste time developing a campaign mode in a game that 99% of its playerbase will be spending playing in online matches? Battlefront games were always primarily MP games, get over it.

Lol, just LoL. The original Battlefronts actually had some of the worse online play for a shooter. None of the weapons where designed with MP in mind. These were the games where using the rocket launcher at near point blank range against infantry is a workable strat, not to mention the abuse of sniper rifles at short range, or the entire Engineer unit.

Edited by Zoom_VI

I'm expecting quality over quantity here really, while there may be less maps, I'm expecting them to be a lot more expansive and detailed. And they'll probably provide more maps via DLC. Which will hopefully be free... :p

Anyway Gamespot has a good article/video on what they saw in the demo:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-cautious-return-of-star-wars-battlefront/1100-6426701/

I'm expecting quality over quantity here really, while there may be less maps, I'm expecting them to be a lot more expansive and detailed. And they'll probably provide more maps via DLC. Which will hopefully be free... :p

Anyway Gamespot has a good article/video on what they saw in the demo:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-cautious-return-of-star-wars-battlefront/1100-6426701/

Free DLC - EA game

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Good one, lol.

Even counting the DLC Dicefront will have less content than the original battlefront 1 had at launch.

Lol, just LoL. The original Battlefronts actually had some of the worse online play for a shooter. None of the weapons where designed with MP in mind. These were the games where using the rocket launcher at near point blank range against infantry is a workable strat, not to mention the abuse of sniper rifles at short range, or the entire Engineer unit.

Welcome to every shooter? Noobtubing and shotgunning with snipers is nothing new. Nearly every shooter has something along those lines.

As much as I don't want to admit it, this is probably true. Why play mediocre crappy pvp when there is sexy, polished, amazeballs pvp in another SW game.

Not saying that SWTORs PvP is good mind you but fast twitch, bunny hopping, full sprint sniping isn't my idea of good PvP either. That is why when I used to play the CoD series I would only play on player hosted Tactical Realism servers.

I just watched this new Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, as always, the graphics wont be as good as being discernible from real life action, but seems to be forward in time from SWTOR, as shown by a fully fledged Darth Vader. it seems I wont be able to play this on my PS3, I cant afford a PS4, I much rather play it on my computer, but I dont think my specs are up to it. The computer did have a rebuild December 2014, it passes most tests, apart from my Radeon HD6570 2gig Graphic card, which comes up with a red cross. Does any one have the minimum specs to play this on line like SWTOR. My other question concerns, Are both these titles going to be played to their maximum audience?

I like My SWTOR, So are we going to see this game fade away, or it still being kept on servers for as long as it remains profitable? Dont know why Origin EA need to make a second Star Wars game. I can see players been more drawn to the The Battlefront version, because it appears to have elements of the first 1977 films. Interestingly as I was watching the Blu ray of "A new hope", last night for a change, I noticed princess Leia's second name was Organa. I remember That Alderaan have a family or royal family called the Organa. So Im guessing, as Vader blew up her home planet Alderaan in "a new Hope", her line is Organa? Interesting! Who were her forbearers / family in SWTOR? Thanks for any comments :cool:

Looks amazing! Only downside is no prequel content. Really want clones vs droids , my favorite battles in BF2. Felt more diverse and Star Warsy for some reason. All the different regiments of clone troopers would've been cool to see, like 212th, 501st, etc. Still, love how they have Sullustans and Mon Calamari in the game to play as. Gonna be great, can't wait for Jakku!

Here's hoping the next BF is prequel-focused.

I'm pretty sure my PC is going to cry a little bit more as the release date gets closer.

I'm just hoping that DICE successfully carries over many of the improvements it made to BF4 (and Frosbite in general) into Battlefront.

As far as weapons go, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they take a similar route that Visceral have done with Hardline when it comes to the amount of weapons, because BF4 is definitely bloated up with too many weapons.

So far I'm a little concerned (simply due to so little info being available just now) with how classes and weapons are going to be handled. Mainly because I'm dreading the possibility of a Star Wars fps where most players are using the game's equivalent of the AEK-971 or BF3's M16A3.

I honestly think that more than one or two high RoF weapons could turn me off playing the game because they don't really feel "Star Wars" to me.

Interestingly as I was watching the Blu ray of "A new hope", last night for a change, I noticed princess Leia's second name was Organa. I remember That Alderaan have a family or royal family called the Organa. So Im guessing, as Vader blew up her home planet Alderaan in "a new Hope", her line is Organa? Interesting! Who were her forbearers / family in SWTOR? Thanks for any comments :cool:

I'm more than a bit shocked to see what looks like someone not knowing who Leia's family is, on a site to do with Star Wars.

Nobody in TOR is related to her, biologically.

Go watch Empire Strikes Back, then Return of The Jedi, or even watch Revenge of The Sith...

I'm pretty sure my PC is going to cry a little bit more as the release date gets closer.

I'm just hoping that DICE successfully carries over many of the improvements it made to BF4 (and Frosbite in general) into Battlefront.

As far as weapons go, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they take a similar route that Visceral have done with Hardline when it comes to the amount of weapons, because BF4 is definitely bloated up with too many weapons.

So far I'm a little concerned (simply due to so little info being available just now) with how classes and weapons are going to be handled. Mainly because I'm dreading the possibility of a Star Wars fps where most players are using the game's equivalent of the AEK-971 or BF3's M16A3.

I honestly think that more than one or two high RoF weapons could turn me off playing the game because they don't really feel "Star Wars" to me.

I'm more than a bit shocked to see what looks like someone not knowing who Leia's family is, on a site to do with Star Wars.

This. I really hope they manage to make the game actually feel like a Star Wars shooter. The 2 previous Battlefronts managed this perfectly, I just hope that Dice manages this as well.

I just watched this new Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, as always, the graphics wont be as good as being discernible from real life action, but seems to be forward in time from SWTOR, as shown by a fully fledged Darth Vader. it seems I wont be able to play this on my PS3, I cant afford a PS4, I much rather play it on my computer, but I dont think my specs are up to it. The computer did have a rebuild December 2014, it passes most tests, apart from my Radeon HD6570 2gig Graphic card, which comes up with a red cross. Does any one have the minimum specs to play this on line like SWTOR. My other question concerns, Are both these titles going to be played to their maximum audience?

I like My SWTOR, So are we going to see this game fade away, or it still being kept on servers for as long as it remains profitable? Dont know why Origin EA need to make a second Star Wars game. I can see players been more drawn to the The Battlefront version, because it appears to have elements of the first 1977 films. Interestingly as I was watching the Blu ray of "A new hope", last night for a change, I noticed princess Leia's second name was Organa. I remember That Alderaan have a family or royal family called the Organa. So Im guessing, as Vader blew up her home planet Alderaan in "a new Hope", her line is Organa? Interesting! Who were her forbearers / family in SWTOR? Thanks for any comments :cool:

Completely different genres man. Ones a shooter the others a mmo. Different stroke for different folks. Don't think you have anything to worry about.

Here's hoping they don't and that the prequels fade away to never existing and forgotten forever in the pits of hell.

Lol, the prequels are here and will forever be a part of SW. Move on and accept it bud, almost everyone else has. Just the few 5% like yourself continue to cry over spilled milk and act like Lucas personally came to your house and assaulted your family.

And on the case of SWTOR, they're two totally different games. EA's gonna be making a lot more SW games (they have another in development with Visceral right now). They're not restricted to only having one game. I'm gonna play both, SWTOR on my PC, Battlefront on my PS4. This mindset that there can only be one is absurd. Enjoy both and the countless SW games to come. It's not a contest.

Here's hoping they don't and that the prequels fade away to never existing and forgotten forever in the pits of hell.

Lol, the prequels are here and will forever be a part of SW. Move on and accept it bud, almost everyone else has. Just the few 5% like yourself continue to cry over spilled milk and act like Lucas personally came to your house and assaulted your family.

His personal feelings about the prequels aside, it's extremely doubtful that a future Battlefront game would be focused on prequel content.

There may well be prequel-based DLC content for Battlefront or a future one, but the main focus on the game is definitely going to be around the GCW and onward, because the upcoming films are moving the timeline forward and not backward or retreading old ground.

for all you complaining about no space combat (taken from gamestop.com, bestbuy.com, and amazon.com):

Best buy:

Take to the Skies in Epic Star Wars Dog Fights

Pilot the Millennium Falcon, X-wings, TIE fighters, and more of your favorite vehicles in exhilarating aerial combat

Game Stop:

Pilot the Millennium Falcon, X-wings, TIE fighters, and more of your favorite vehicles in exhilarating aerial combat

Amazon:

Those quotes were taken directly from the game description. it doesnt specifically mention space combat but it does say that there is dog fighting, which means the addition of space combat is fully possible whether it be at game launch or possibly a dlc. the reveal trailer even showed dog fighting. it might not be space but i think dog fights on planets are slightly cooler.

for all you complaining about no space combat (taken from gamestop.com, bestbuy.com, and amazon.com):

Best buy:

Game Stop:

Amazon:

Those quotes were taken directly from the game description. it doesnt specifically mention space combat but it does say that there is dog fighting, which means the addition of space combat is fully possible whether it be at game launch or possibly a dlc. the reveal trailer even showed dog fighting. it might not be space but i think dog fights on planets are slightly cooler.

I'm pretty sure its been confirmed no space combat, just dog-fighting.

And the suggestion is space combat is not something they are interested in. We shall see.

However the only thing I liked about the old Battlefront's space combat was dogfighting, so I'm happy.

I can take or leave the space battles, though it was interesting for BF 2, can take or leave really. Tbh I'm more interested in the troops that are gonna be available and what kinda gear they have.
What I hope to see is more tactical variety, its occurred to me that in reality all the factions in BF2 where more or less the same bar a few minor differences especially regarding the elite classes. Hopefully in these games playing Empire will feel very different to playing Rebels, and they will employ radically different weapons and tactics.