The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Madness vs Lightening DPS 3.1.2.

FerkWork

Madness still suck nothing more to say:mad:

I was hoping more for numbers... But that is sad. Hopefully by 3.2 all the changes on the PTS and more will make it as good as other sustained classes.

Edited by FerkWork

In a different post people are pulling around 4600 getting close to 4700 on a dummy parse. So I think Madness would be good on several of the boss fights with adds.

before 3.1.2 the best madness parses were 4.55-4.65, and it was good for some boss fights, i would say with full 198's it should be possible to do 4.7-4.75k (doll parse)

just train your rotaition :rak_01:

before 3.1.2 the best madness parses were 4.55-4.65, and it was good for some boss fights, i would say with full 198's it should be possible to do 4.7-4.75k (doll parse)

just train your rotaition :rak_01:

Madness has never been good for any boss fights, and is still not good for any boss fights, you may be saying madness does fine in sm ops ect, but then so does everything. If you're talking about any mode that needs actual dps, there isnt a single boss that justifies using madness over lightning, even after the nerf. Which makes taking a sorc even less desirable now.

On the dummy madness is still 250 - 300 dps weaker than lightning (avg dps wise). The strongest madness parse is around 4650, which is not an indicator for a avg dps. In raids, madness performs a lot weaker, because of the force management.

i'm just saying, if you know how to play your madness spec on a boss, you will do now as much dps like a lightning

not every boss, but with the single target bosses

Im sorry, but I don't see how that is possible, if you can't parse on a dummy as high, how does that change on a boss fight, balance/madness isnt more mobile, and has nothing else that would benifit on a boss over dummy.

Im sorry, but I don't see how that is possible, if you can't parse on a dummy as high, how does that change on a boss fight, balance/madness isnt more mobile, and has nothing else that would benifit on a boss over dummy.

as a example :rak_01: i did as a Lightning @ the SS (ToS Boss 2) 4.2-4.4 in a average fight

i did with madness in a average fight around 4-4.1k dps now it should be the same dps, but you got ~800 more hps wich is a nice support for the healers

well for one, if you're good at what you're doing, you'll make it work lol, for 2 - balance is a dot spec, so those dots will be doing damage to the boss when you're killing an add, or hiding behind a rock or something :p

well for one, if you're good at what you're doing, you'll make it work lol, for 2 - balance is a dot spec, so those dots will be doing damage to the boss when you're killing an add, or hiding behind a rock or something :p

Yet in any given encounter u will out dps madness with lightning

Yet in any given encounter u will out dps madness with lightning

I'm not sure about this. Most single target bossfights lightning/tk is better of course, but on multi-target fights i see slowly balance getting ahead, because stormquake seems to be so much weaker now.

I know we still have forcewave/chain lightning, but i feel like spreading dots does more now.

Tried to make TK work on HM torque the other day and struggled a lot, but with spreading dots i actually managed to pull decent numbers (ofc maybe i just suck but still...).

I'm not sure about this. Most single target bossfights lightning/tk is better of course, but on multi-target fights i see slowly balance getting ahead, because stormquake seems to be so much weaker now.

I know we still have forcewave/chain lightning, but i feel like spreading dots does more now.

Tried to make TK work on HM torque the other day and struggled a lot, but with spreading dots i actually managed to pull decent numbers (ofc maybe i just suck but still...).

I did 4.9 with lightning on torque 2 days ago, sure it was lower than pre nerf.

But all in all werent bad. And im not close to bis.

Tried madness pre nerf with a better storm and i simply ran out of juice on torque.

But im not a big madness fan so im sure i can be done better:)

Edited by runiez

I did 4.9 with lightning on torque 2 days ago, sure it was lower than pre nerf.

But all in all werent bad. And im not close to bis.

Tried madness pre nerf with a better storm and i simply ran out of juice on torque.

But im not a big madness fan so im sure i can be done better:)

Sounds good, what is your priority with the current TK/Lightning on Torque. Do you still use storm/quake or do you rely more on single target plus wave/chain now?

Edited by IkarusXY

• 2 weeks later...
How many people are using madness in pvp??... Since the nerf I've seen a lot more and they seem to be doing more damage?

Because everyone loves to share DoTs :)

Especially in Arenas my group had a DPS switch to Madness to pressure tank on guard swaps before stunlocking and finishing one of the DPS off.

Sounds good, what is your priority with the current TK/Lightning on Torque. Do you still use storm/quake or do you rely more on single target plus wave/chain now?

Question: Do people still use FS in single target still? I usually do Recklessness then CL followed by LF.

Question: Do people still use FS in single target still? I usually do Recklessness then CL followed by LF.

Nope, they made it completely unviable for single target (which is ok). Rule of thumb is to hit at least 3 targets with FS/FQ to not lose in damage output, e.g. on HM Torque with all the turrets and adds, needs proper placment though and can't be perma spamed like before.

How many people are using madness in pvp??... Since the nerf I've seen a lot more and they seem to be doing more damage?

I think they're very close now. I tend to tip a little to Lightning with overall DPS, but Madness does makeup for it in survivability. But they're both extremely close if you're spreading your dots.

Nope, they made it completely unviable for single target (which is ok). Rule of thumb is to hit at least 3 targets with FS/FQ to not lose in damage output, e.g. on HM Torque with all the turrets and adds, needs proper placment though and can't be perma spamed like before.

I usually only touch FS if it's an add heavy fight like Torque or Revanite Commanders

Madness still suck nothing more to say:mad:

When I did some parsing on parsely using madness I had fantastic sustained damage, the graph was a straight line nearly... But when I used lightning, the burst was higher and even though sustained damage was lower, at the end of the parse I had done a lot more damage on lightning

I can see Madness being useful if you need higher sustained damage on multiple target... But on single targets or targets that need burst... I would use lightning