The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Sorcerer Nerf

khankar

I just read the patch notes for 3.1.2. Sorcerer got nerfed really badly. I had read a few weeks ago that BW was going to swing the nerf bat but this is worse that i expected :mad: Edited by khankar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a look. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I figured they'd take out Force Power entirely just like they did with Powertech. This is yet another concession t the PvP'ers who always claim they get no attention. As a PvE player I care not one whit about class balance. It's just me against the NPC's, and once again, we suffer because they're just so special that the whole game has to revolve around them.

I took a look. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I figured they'd take out Force Power entirely just like they did with Powertech. This is yet another concession t the PvP'ers who always claim they get no attention. As a PvE player I care not one whit about class balance. It's just me against the NPC's, and once again, we suffer because they're just so special that the whole game has to revolve around them.

We'd see more PVE-based changes if Darth Revan and Coratanni had forum access.

apparently, they're both F2Pers.

Ummm, both PT and Sorcs were over performing in PvE compared to the other classes as well boys and girls. I know Sorcs far better so I will explain why with that one.

Does it make any sense what so ever that a CHANNELED AoE ability should be part of a SINGE target rotation?

As soon as 3.0 Hit and I saw what my Sorc/Consular could do... literally on day 1 I told myself... "well they are definitely going to nerf this. I'll enjoy it while it lasts but definitely not get used to it."

Now I am not saying that the nerfs may not be overdone. I haven't tested them yet so I have no clue but these changes are NOT just about PvP, though I will grant you PvP makes a VERY convenient scapegoat so as to avoid understanding the classes were overtuned.

Um PvEers care A LOT about balance to. Maybe if you solo you don't care but there are a lot of players who do OPs and FPs who don't like feeling like a 5th wheel. It's obvious where the issues are if you play more than one Character. I am on my Consular and people are like "hey cool". I say "hey bringing the JK tonight" and it's "groan."

It goes WAY too far against Sorcs and Sages. I mine as well as almost cancel my Subscription as Senior Combat Dev said, called a lot of us on any Classes, that a lot of us are just criers, what a jerk. He should be holding any job calling any groups criers. Edited by MandFlurry

I used to be a Town Crier. Then I got into online delivery of news feeds via the Internet. What's wrong with being called a crier - aside from the fact that it's old technology?

Anyway, I think they have something against lightning. Perhaps it hurts too much, and thus the nerf... Pansies. All of them.

Wow %60 damage decrease to force storm, what genius decided to ruin the best part of this class. I admit it was OP but this is overkill. Force storm isn't even worth using now.

That's the whole point. Force Storm/Quake were never intended to be part of a single target rotation.

Well ive gotten to a point where i just dont care anymore... practically every class "balance" since day one has been a sorc nerf. Im quite convinced that bioware hates sorcs. When my guildies told me "sorcs are getting nerfed hard" I was like "oh? nothing new about that."

Its always the same thing so i dont even bother to check the patch notes anymore. If i wasnt an officer in my guild I would probably have stopped playing now since BW seems determined to ruin this class that I love so much.

No point getting hot n bothered.... Ive just given up on caring anymore...

Obviously the newbs that are pro-nerf are the ones too narrow minded to make more than one or two classes. OK figure out how to make it less OP in warzone but in Pve it's good to have a powerful AOE. I can understand the Nerf, really I can unlike all the people crying "sorc/sage needs to be nerfed" I have a lvl 60 for every class and some advanced classes. I know FS was OP, but a %60 decrease is overkill. Now the ability is very much useless. If you have to use it 4 times to kill a mob 4 levels below you imagine how useless it will be in HM ToS. Nerf it yes, don't make it totally useless

Knew the nerf was coming - but yikes - that's pretty bad if it's literally 60% less damage.

I guess the way I looked at it - they SHOULD deal more damage because frankly they are squishy and such. I dunno - Takes some fun out of the Sorc. Back to my DPS Jugg lol

curious how the dynamics of the underlurker fight are going to change now. many if not most teams were using FS with two plus sorcs to deal with adds while also placing max dps on the boss. interesting times ahead.

my take. FS was nerfed not because of pvp but because of that single encounter and how it made the fight more or less a joke.

Just saying

Yes, its a 60% nerf to damage, but you all seem to be glossing over the 50% reduction to cast time and force cost. If you use it twice, back to back, it has the same duration and force cost, with only a 20% reduction in total damage.

Its still a hefty nerf, but it's not the 60% nerf hyperbole is making it out to be.

I don't like this, but I will accept that FS was over-powered. I'll wait to see how the class plays before I try to speculate further. I will adapt and over-come though.

Yes, its a 60% nerf to damage, but you all seem to be glossing over the 50% reduction to cast time and force cost. If you use it twice, back to back, it has the same duration and force cost, with only a 20% reduction in total damage.

Its still a hefty nerf, but it's not the 60% nerf hyperbole is making it out to be.

I don't like this, but I will accept that FS was over-powered. I'll wait to see how the class plays before I try to speculate further. I will adapt and over-come though.

It's the single target nerf that is the issue, and completely un-needed.

FS/FQ did need to be dialled back, as I'm sure any reasonable Sorc/Sage player would agree, but as usual, it went too damned far.

In any case, only bads spammed FS/FQ, so I hope this makes at least some of them f off back to whatever this week's remaining FoTM/s is/are supposed to be.

Edited by midianlord

- They nerfed Forked Lightning and Forked Darkness Talents.

- They nerfed Lightning Flash and destroyed the flow of our rotation

- They nerfed Shock

- They even nerfed Lightning Bolt, our spam ability and weakest attack

and the only arguments you guys can bring up is "Force Storm was OP"? Seriously?

Go away if you have no clue what you're talking about! :mad:

Edited by Sindariel

watch the pattern..what aoe will be destroyed next?

I'm going to call it right now:

Insta-proc Chain Lightning will be next. Overall damage, and/or internal cooldown on the proc, and quite likely its resource-cost, just...well, just 'cuz.

I strongly suspect that that's what all the bads who think they're PvPers in this game will cry about next.