So I just PuGed a ToS....

Toweleeeie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But but challenge but but less hardcore players will get OUR rewards but but

Exactly!

The "hardcore" players should be clearing HM, not wasting their uber talent on SM. Good players SHOULD beat SM easily...it's not meant to be a challenge for them.

But we still have to gear toons in SM first. . ..

Can't just go hey lets do HM in our old 180/186 gear and just get gear from there...

So were stuck doing SM, especially when we want 4-5 toons ready for HM...

Ya the DPS check is tight, sure i'm down to nerf the ads HP a bit.. but other than that small problem (which honestly its not hard to hit 2700 DPS.. on a bad pull thats where I hit...) the fight is simple and i would imagine a 10 y/o could do the mechanics if taught...

I did 3500 dps in combat spec and we still hit enrage at 15% with 5 dps and wiped.

And you were 1 DPS. what were the other 4 DPS doing?

Hint: It wasn't anywhere close to 2500, if you were doing 3500 and still enraged at 15%. 2500 in the current gear sets is easy to pull, on my Jugg in DPS spec I can regularly pull 2900+, and he's in unoptimized comms gear, mostly 186 with a couple pieces of 192, and I'm still learning that rotation.

But we still have to gear toons in SM first. . ..

Can't just go hey lets do HM in our old 180/186 gear and just get gear from there...

So were stuck doing SM, especially when we want 4-5 toons ready for HM...

Ya the DPS check is tight, sure i'm down to nerf the ads HP a bit.. but other than that small problem (which honestly its not hard to hit 2700 DPS.. on a bad pull thats where I hit...) the fight is simple and i would imagine a 10 y/o could do the mechanics if taught...

What the hell does the top part of your reply have to do with anything?! EVERYONE has the same gear curve, you're not exclusive to that...you know that right?

And being insulting to other players doesn't help. At all. It's ignorant and rude. Your uberness doesn't entitle you to more content than worse players than yourself.

Exactly!

The "hardcore" players should be clearing HM, not wasting their uber talent on SM.

^^ That is what my first part was about... you say the "hardcore" players shouldn't waste their time in SM... well i'm telling you as a "hardcore" player that I still enjoy "wasting" my time in SMs.. as well as needing to be there for the gear.. If I was to not waste my time in SM and just go to HM.. that would get me nowhere...

And I don't mean it as an insult I just meant in MY EXPERIENCE, that 2500+ DPS on underlurker is not difficult.. Didn't mean for anything in my post to offend..

Considering the disparity between Lurker and the rest I think the difficulty of it should be consistent across the board or get progressively harder as Revan fight on SM is hilariously easy compared to the UL.

Personally I would like to see a fourth tier added by making SM easier and add a Normal mode where the other fights slightly harder. More options are always better. But if BW decides to nerf it to bring in line that is fine.

However until BW decides to do something there are a few things to do.

1) PT/Van are your friends and this fight is heavily a M/R fight rather a F/T one. This all the abilities that negate Meele and range accuracy like Oil slick work like a charm.

2) Tank should open with a grenade and all Raid buffs. Heals should be DPSing

3) beginning of rage storm cast Oil slick under boss and stack under their for maximum burn.

4) Durig cross phase don't stop DPSing and keep burning. Sonic rebound just in case.

5) After 4th cross ignore adds and stack on boss and burn away. With Oil slick you should be able to burn right through,

Personally I would like to see a fourth tier added by making SM easier and add a Normal mode where the other fights slightly harder. More options are always better.

No. We have enough developer time being wasted on NiM content that only a few can beat. Their efforts are better spent on NEW content the majority of the players can experience.

The only time I wiped in PUG on ToS was because of two reasons:

1. At least one tank didn't know what to do or was endurance stucker and received too much dmg.

2. DPS players didn't know what to do or they were not augmented and had accuracy at 95%-97%.

New SM operations should not be dumbed down to let such players succeed. They don't bother to put any effort into their characters, so let them play old ops and that's it.

Edited by PavSalco

1. At least one tank didn't know what to do or was endurance stucker and received too much dmg.

2. DPS players didn't know what to do or they were not augmented and had accuracy at 95%-97%.

New SM operations should not be dumbed down to let such players succeed. They don't bother to put any effort into their characters, so let them play old ops and that's it.

Though I'm neither, SM operations should be akin to "Windows for Dummies".

That's not the case with this bunch.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Though I'm neither, SM operations should be akin to "Windows for Dummies".

That's not the case with this bunch.

Dummies still fail at Operator IX in TFB should we ask for nerf too? We told them to go out of circles, to get under Operator when their name is announced, and guess what? They did neither of these.

Seriously, if a person doesn't understand what others are telling him and seems to ignore basic mechanics, plus he does less damage than my gorgeous Jaesa (1800 dps, yo!),then they are only capable of doing tank&spank. Should this be applied to each SM operation? Hell no. Operations should not be dumbed down to the level of tactical flashpoints. It's a kriffing operation, it's supposed to be big and epic, not facerolled through. New operations should be slightly challenging even in SM.

No. We have enough developer time being wasted on Cartel gambling packs, nerfing, and ignoring PvP all while doing good knows what else. Their efforts are better spent on NEW content the majority of the players can experience.

FTFY

For one the system I proposed only involves changing variables and tweaking numbers. The story mode I proposed would increase involvement and a middle ground would give something to average players who may want a challenge but not as big a challenge as HM is. Win win Of course I'm aware of BW limited resources but they aren't going to make more content because no more working on NiM or whatever. They are going to use that time to do nothing and think up some more gambling packs. Your comment about NiM is mistaken. While most won't clear it while relevant many more will while level cap increases. Look how many EC tank runs there are on fleet :p

Also how many still fail the other bosses? Or those who fail the bosses in KDY? I've seen pug runs fail on M/B and Sparky. Your proposal leaves them out in the cold. My proposal would address that.

Edited by FerkWork

Dummies still fail at Operator IX in TFB should we ask for nerf too? We told them to go out of circles, to get under Operator when their name is announced, and guess what? They did neither of these.

Seriously, if a person doesn't understand what others are telling him and seems to ignore basic mechanics, plus he does less damage than my gorgeous Jaesa (1800 dps, yo!),then they are only capable of doing tank&spank. Should this be applied to each SM operation? Hell no. Operations should not be dumbed down to the level of tactical flashpoints. It's a kriffing operation, it's supposed to be big and epic, not facerolled through. New operations should be slightly challenging even in SM.

I don't remember the circles during Operator IX killing me when I was out of reach, or being forced to jump midway, praying that the game, server-side, doesn't kill me for ZERO damage. :rolleyes:

Same with the people I play -- or used to play -- with, all used to SM content for the most part, with the occasional delve into HM here and there.

Keep playing the tough guy act if it makes you feel better, regardless. After all...

Edited by Darth_Wicked

FTFY

For one the system I proposed only involves changing variables and tweaking numbers. The story mode I proposed would increase involvement and a middle ground would give something to average players who may want a challenge but not as big a challenge as HM is. Win win Of course I'm aware of BW limited resources but they aren't going to make more content because no more working on NiM or whatever. They are going to use that time to do nothing and think up some more gambling packs. Your comment about NiM is mistaken. While most won't clear it while relevant many more will while level cap increases. Look how many EC tank runs there are on fleet :p

Also how many still fail the other bosses? Or those who fail the bosses in KDY? I've seen pug runs fail on M/B and Sparky. Your proposal leaves them out in the cold. My proposal would address that.

If you just want simple tweaks, I'm ok with that.

Then what you're really saying is, "Bioware, please don't bother making more ops".

Because that will be what happens.

Ravagers is being run, ToS is not, by a factor of 10, and that is from Bioware's own mouth.. Only 10% of the lvl 60 ops bring run are ToS, it is simply too hard for most people.

I have toons in all 192/198 gear, and I don't bother with ToS. Not because I can't do it, but because the pain level is too high for the rewards. By the time our main guild raiders are geared for it, we no longer need the drops in the op anymore.

And HM ToS is completely silly, we tried it and it is much more akin to NiM than HM.

But that isn't the problem with ToS. Even following mechanics it is completely unforgiving.

ToS isn't "slightly challenging", it is brutal to the point of "never mind, not gonna bother".

So you're uber elite, good for you, you don't represent the bulk of the player base.

The current design I see going on (and I hate to bring it up but of well) is a lesson learned in wow long ago.

Most gamers to not rise to the difficulty level when it's turned so tightly. SM is suppose to be for nearly everyone. It currently is not. Hm should be a step up but not so constrictive as it is now with so few doing it and for the most hard core of gamers , there is NM where there should be only a small percentage hitting it. It's non-existent.

Currently, I think BW has so much "out of tune" to the general gamers just as a mechanic to slow gamers down. There simply isn't enough content at end game and in a poor attempt to slow gamers down, they increased certain boss difficulty as a roadblock - so to speak.. We learned along ago how gamers do not rise to the occasion. It just rarely happens in situations like this. Some challenge is OK, what we are seeing is not. This is a lesson BW is trying to learn that blizzard learned long ago.

Edited by Quraswren

Most gamers to not rise to the difficulty level when it's turned so tightly. SM is suppose to be for nearly everyone. It currently is not. Hm should be a step up but not so constrictive as it is now with so few doing it and for the most hard core of gamers , there is NM where there should be only a small percentage hitting it. It's non-existent.

Of course, because the thing that the uber elites forget is that this is a commercial software product that really has only one reason to exist. Extract money from as many customers as possible, for as long as possible.

That is why it exists.

Telling your customers that they have to "optimize" their toons and raise their skill levels or not play, will just cause many of them to not play.

That is bad business.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.