Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Collection unlock prices logic?

unibim

All i wanted is to unlock an Enhanced Assailant Armor set in collection. And got surprised by its price... 480 cc.

Meanwhile:

Lana Beniko Armor set - Silver rated - 60 cc

Martial Piligrim - Gold rated - 240 cc

Why prices so different?

Will they be adjusted? (like happened with Luxury Skiffs when they got changed from 600cc to 100cc)

All i wanted is to unlock an Enhanced Assailant Armor set in collection. And got surprised by its price... 480 cc.

Meanwhile:

Lana Beniko Armor set - Silver rated - 60 cc

Martial Piligrim - Gold rated - 240 cc

Why prices so different?

Will they be adjusted? (like happened with Luxury Skiffs when they got changed from 600cc to 100cc)

I think prices are often different (insane) because a set that might be 'standard/silver' whatever rather than gold contains some piece that is in another old/retired set. Or that a piece in the set is so unique that it would work well in many other configurations, ie a headpiece that goes well with many types of hair and looks nice.

Prices sometimes change over time, I recall a set I wanted and saw it was lots of cc to unlock dropping a few months after release of it but haven't seen that of late.

The better way to unlock sets is to wait for a big sale like happened in November IIRC (black friday) where all* unlock costs were cut in half, I think there should be on coming up over the summer again as there was one last summer. You'd have to hit the internets and perhaps other swtor communities or fan sites to find this out as well as monitoring cm info.

*all actually didn't include all items as there were 2 sets I was aware of, probably others, that didn't reflect the claimed "all unlocks 50% off" and when I reported this to CS nothing was done

It is simple really, they are "pricing" the items at their perceived value relative to each other. They may be using in game metrics (how many characters are running around with Armor set X vs Y , etc. The more players the higher the account-wide unlock price.

That enhanced assailiant was from that limited Star Cluster pack, which were massive deviations from the normal pack rarities and CC collection cost.

In the case of the other two, Lana was a pretty common set, silver rarity, while the martial Pilgrim was on the gold side if I recall correctly. There normal pricing range right now is 60 CC to 240 CC, which I think is fair. It used to be alot higher.

I think they were trying something different with the Enhanced Assailant packs, whatever they were called. They upped the prices for the unlocks probably to see what they could get away with. Which is why those are the only packs with the upped unlock prices, and all newer packs have the normal 60/240 CC unlocks. Which sucks cause I wanted that account wide unlock for the Enhanced Assailant but I am too cheap to pay 480 for one armour unlock.

I think I still have a pile of the Enhanced Assailant armor that I could never sell on GTN. Why not just get a set off of there? unless it's all of a sudden worth a ton of credits, I'd think that'd be cheaper than what they want in CC's for an unlock.

I don't think it's a straight formula. What probably happens is that they make a guess on which items will do well in that and price those higher than others. If it stops people from unlocking them they might lower the price.

But I am pretty sure that just like the prices of cartel packs themselves, they just make a decision at that moment what they think enough people are willing to pay for it and go with that.

I think they were trying something different with the Enhanced Assailant packs, whatever they were called. They upped the prices for the unlocks probably to see what they could get away with. Which is why those are the only packs with the upped unlock prices, and all newer packs have the normal 60/240 CC unlocks. Which sucks cause I wanted that account wide unlock for the Enhanced Assailant but I am too cheap to pay 480 for one armour unlock.

IKR! I've been hoping the unlock price would go down, because I ready wanted to use that armor on some alts. I finally broke down and bought the collection unlock this past weekend. So don't worry op....the way my luck works, they'll reduce the unlock cost to near nothing within a week. :confused: ROFLMAO

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.