Get Rid of the Cyborg Species

divinecas

Before you start flaming me, note I specified species. All races should have the ability to be a cyborg and it should be an option to check during creation. Let those who want to be a cyborg of their species have both their species ability and the cyborg ability if they choose the cyborg option. Limiting cyborg to not only human, but segregating it to its own species is very limiting and not very realistic in such a species diverse world. In canon there are even Twi'lek's with cybernetic lekku, so it isn't an impossibility in the universe.

Yeah, probably not going to happen. However, cyborgs should never have been a separate species to begin with. Cyborg implants should've just been a character creation option and should've been available for more than just humans. Looks to me as a cheap and chintzy way to create an extra species for character creation. I never choose cyborg anyway. I think the implants available are pretty ugly.

Yeah, probably not going to happen. However, cyborgs should never have been a separate species to begin with. Cyborg implants should've just been a character creation option and should've been available for more than just humans. Looks to me as a cheap and chintzy way to create an extra species for character creation. I never choose cyborg anyway. I think the implants available are pretty ugly.

Yeah I happen to agree. Cyborgs are not a species by definition considering all a cyborg is is a biological being with mechanical implants. Honestly I don't know what BW was thinking making a race out of something that isn't one. However, I still hold to what I said earlier it won't be changed.

An alternate option, would be to add a slider into the character creation for cyborgs, allowing them to pick their "base" species, though that would create some complications, as each base species would need to have their own cybernetic options.

An alternate option, would be to add a slider into the character creation for cyborgs, allowing them to pick their "base" species, though that would create some complications, as each base species would need to have their own cybernetic options.

It could cause problems with dialogue options as well. I'm not sure whether cyborgs are currently marked "human" for the purposes of NPC interaction (remarks about filthy aliens, et cetera), but if that's the case, those settings might need to be tweaked.

I never could understand why cybernetics weren't simply included as an appearance option for all species. Unless the devs were simply scrambling for another race to throw in, and "cyborg" was the easiest to implement.

Yeah, probably not going to happen. However, cyborgs should never have been a separate species to begin with.

Indeed. As has been noted already, a number of NPCs can be seen throughout the game that are non-human with various cybernetic implants showing. We can also say that the issue became redundant when they started adding the cybernetic gear sets since those allow a character of any race to be part machine.

And let's be honest, every player character is kind of partially a cyborg anyway when you consider the implant gear slots. (I'm kind of surprised that they didn't set up the system to have the earpiece and implants as visible gear (possibly with "hide earpiece" and "hide implants" toggles like how we have the "hide head slot" toggle). Certain types of implants would add certain types of cybernetics to your character's appearance.)

But it's true though. The time for them to have chosen to implement it differently has most likely long since passed us by. They aren't going to just randomly remove cyborg as a "race" now.

Hmmm... Random thought which would also be something that would have to have been part of the design before the game launched: What if social abilities and certain emotes (or other random stuff like that) had been tied to specific pieces of gear? So, for example, perhaps each distinct cybernetic set has an associated cyborg themed social ability and you gain that ability while you have any one piece from that set equipped. Likewise, different dancer outfits could grant specific exclusive dances as social abilities. That would have been something to really set some gear apart from other options. (Would it have been possible though? What would they have to do...? Make it possible for any piece of gear to function like a relic?)

Cyborgs are here to stay as a "species" but they should have never been one in the first. This is yet another example of the original dev team being stupidly shortsighted. This game had so much potential that was absolutely lost on the original team.

they should remove it as a race, make them all human, as a free reset, and

then free to change to any other race(one time only), then allow every race

to add cybernetics, as just a physical appearance slider option.

/signed

Btw, they should go through the appearance-menu and add more options for each attribute.

they should remove it as a race, make them all human, as a free reset, and

then free to change to any other race(one time only), then allow every race

to add cybernetics, as just a physical appearance slider option.

Pretty much this, pretty simple to do it seems (even if they couldn't do the free reset, just give everyone a CC grant when this would be announced for every cyborg they have).

I was really hyped when we got cyborg Chiss during Bounty Week, but nothing happened since then.

Edited by Aries_cz

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I've been saying this since day 1. It's a waste of a species. Not only does it limit cybernetics to humans, it merely is a literal clone of a human.

Tbh, I think they just did it so they could brag about having 8 species to choose from at launch.

I agree - and the cyborg points are pretty worthless they are not a true cyborg an eye patch or a bit of metal on the head. It was simply to say 8 species and then to allow Sith Warriors to be more than Human and Sith.

• 3 months later...

Agreed with everything, except those black glasses that look like Leon (the professional) movie, those are so damm ******, my sent has them LOL.