The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A very simple QoL change

I also wouldn't be sad if collections was just sorted by item type, instead of the sorting by packs, does anyone seriously recall what pack an item came in?

Everytime I need to find something in collections, its like searching for needles in a haystack.

I also wouldn't be sad if collections was just sorted by item type, instead of the sorting by packs, does anyone seriously recall what pack an item came in?

Everytime I need to find something in collections, its like searching for needles in a haystack.

All the categories are there... you just have to scroll down a mile to find them.

Armor > Armor or Weapons > Weapons will show you what you've requested.

Freaking AMEN! Yes, please, default to collapsed menu in collections (and crafting while you are at it, even tho I know that doesn't effect CC's and is easier to overlook).

Some kind of extra search ability would be fantastic as well. The more packs come out the harder it is to find anything in collections, it's gone from a hassle to a pain the the ***, and is headed right into unwieldy with yet another set of four packs to be released once 3.2 hits.

I find it extremely odd that in the COLLECTIONS tab there is no tab that is just my collection. I don't have many things but I use the things I do have very frequently (changing out crystals, new orange sets for new chars etc) and I have remeber the pack it was in and then hat page form that pack instead of just going to "My Unlocked Crap" and selecting it.

Glad to hear it's being worked on. Some suggestions from my perspective, (many are repeats)

1. Sort by type should be above sort by pack. I would think more people would sort by weapon for example then sort by a particular pack it was released in.

2. New packs should arrive on top of the pack list while old ones should sink to the bottom. It's much more likely for people to look in the new ones a lot when they first come out then less and less as time goes on.

3. Auto minimize all and let the player choose what to expand.

4. A section that only includes things already in the players collections (preferable still sorted or sort-able by type.

5. A search options, ideal with check boxes/drop downs for things like type in addition to title (title being optional). For example you could select show me all saberstaffs or show me all weapons with *tython* in the name.

6. This one would be really nice, but I think would be the most technically challenging, but the ability to have it detected what your most frequently call items are and sort by those. For example if you are constantly repopping a certain color crystal then that's by default on top.

Any one of these would be a good improvement IMO.

Could we please make all the tabs in the Collections menu minimize by default?

That would make scrolling through the Collections A LOT easier. Same goes for the Achievement menu tabs as well as the crafting menu tabs.

Oh please this. +1000. Same for Legacy. Even a check box that toggles expand/collapse all.

This is something we are very aware of and it is on our radar!
Please keep in mind that this problem gets exponentially worse with each new pack that's released so hopefully it's more like short range 'speed trap radar' than 100 mile 'air traffic control' radar.

All the categories are there... you just have to scroll down a mile to find them.

Armor > Armor or Weapons > Weapons will show you what you've requested.

Thanks, I was scrolling so long I was missing them. The system needs some cleanup or better organization or something.

How about the very logical steps of:

List by category at the top.

Sort the by category Alphabetically instead of by pack.

Ideally add a filter for unlocked on character (maybe even unlocked on another character so you can see the ones available for account unlock)

Ideally add a search.

Thanks, I was scrolling so long I was missing them. The system needs some cleanup or better organization or something.
Just having all the categories collapsed by default would help immensely.

You can do it manually, but it's a hassle and you have to do it every time.

But if you do, you'll notice that almost half the space on the left side is completely unused.

That's just how much that one little change would help.

Furthermore, clicking on a category to expand it should not auto-expand the categories under it.

When the options are clicking a couple of extra times vs scrolling through a giant wall of text, I'll pick the clicks every time.

Edited by Rankyn

The crafting menu, like the collections and the absurd 25 quest log limit all show "it works with what we got now" design with no obvious thought for the future.

Heartily agree with the collapse all for menus especially if it can remember that as default state.

Other QOL stuff I'd like to see:

• For gathering missions (like scavenging) how about "Mission Level 1" instead of Mission Level 10-16? I do a lot of these missions for Conquest mats and constantly hit L6 instead of L5 and it gets annoying...
  • More Legacy Bank Tabs
  • Legacy Cash storage

absurd 25 quest log limit all show "it works with what we got now" design with no obvious thought for the future.
They have specifically said that the quest log limit is there for performance reasons not a 'we were lazy and we never think of things duh duh duh' kind of deal.