The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2xp brings out the worst in pvp

jankiel

Leaving unguarded turrets, f2p players with no adv class selected, sentinels with one lightsaber. You name it, it's all here. A bloody circus I tell you. :o

That is all. :D

Sounds like a typical day in SWTOR PvP to me. That's why I follow my motto of queue dodge early and often. ;)

Bads are infesting everything, maybe this is the new Rakghoul plague. Terrible players investing everything :o We need an adult.

It's not the fault of DXP, or any other discrete thing, for that matter.

It's the fault of EA trying to pander to as low a common denominator as possible in the hope of grubbing more cash from the shop.

Add to that an IP which attracts a lot of actual kids, and/or people who have no MMO experience, plus the fact that the shallow, soul-dead entitlement generation is/has now pretty much taken over mainstream/pop-culture, and...yeah:

This is what happens when our beloved once-exclusive nerd-dom goes mainstream.

Aren't you just loving it.

E:

Even my beloved EVE-Online appears to be dumbing down because of this. When, oh when, will we have an MMORPG for adults, again? Imagine SW: G done right, by a dev-team that's never even heard the name "Smedley," actually has at least some resources to work with, and actually gives a ****?

Edited by midianlord

correction:

x2XP brings out the best in PvP

group with friends and dominate even with 4 other players that shouldn't be there in the WZ. easy to control the nodes. let the lackies fight at mid while your group controls the other 2 nodes or effectively pass the ball and score.

this is when the veterans dominate WZs

Leaving unguarded turrets

I love when people complain about this because YOU are 100% a part of the problem. If you freaking noticed an unguarded turret, go cover it. I don't care if you're a tank, a healer or a DPS (chances are you play a stealth class), go guard the thing. You're JUST AS BAD as ANY other player, for not noticing it or not doing anything about it.

I love when people complain about this because YOU are 100% a part of the problem. If you freaking noticed an unguarded turret, go cover it. I don't care if you're a tank, a healer or a DPS (chances are you play a stealth class), go guard the thing. You're JUST AS BAD as ANY other player, for not noticing it or not doing anything about it.

No, no. When a node/turret is unguarded it's everyones fault but his. When a Warzone goes wrong it's always your teams fault and/or the other team is cheating. Lern 2 Warzon :rak_03:

Wow hostile much? :p When someone goes to the turret, caps and then leaves it's his fault, not the other people who are gunning at mid one :rolleyes:

Lern 2 Warzon

Lern2 read :p

Don't get hurt over a joke thread. :o

Edited by jankiel

Yep. lol

Nobody wants to guard stuff. It's effing boring.

I remember guarding nodes in Novarre Ranked 8v8 on my Shadow. I would literally sit there for 10 minutes doing nothing but listening to the chat in Mumble. Bad map design is bad.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Wow hostile much? :p When someone goes to the turret, caps and then leaves it's his fault, not the other people who are gunning at mid one :rolleyes:

Lern2 read :p

Sorry if it came off as "hostile", I meant it to be HONEST. If you aren't guarding, YOU need to be sure someone is. That's the job of every person on that team. New people come and go from PvP far too often to assume everyone knows what to do...I make the mistake myself of assuming someone has it when they don't....every person on your team needs to make sure they're keeping an eye on what you have capped.

Yep. lol

Nobody wants to guard stuff. It's effing boring.

I remember guarding nodes in Novarre Ranked 8v8 on my Shadow. I would literally sit there for 10 minutes doing nothing but listening to the chat in Mumble. Bad game design is bad.

Absolutely! Who the hell joins the queue hoping they get to do nothing the whole time?! And God forbid you get capped on...holy crap there's hell to pay for that. And it's thankless - how many MVP votes does the highest heals or DPS get vs the poor sap who sat there and guarded the entire match?

Guarding is one of the biggest flaws with WZ's...but strangely, also a huge part of their biggest attractions. The objectives are fun to take from others, I love the sense of accomplishment when stealing a node....but I hate guarding.

Guarding is a dead easy way to get medals in pvp. I don't understand why people don't do it more.

People seem to think the point of warzones is to kill other players. It isn't. The point of warzones is to acheive the objectives that result in victory. Most number of kills or best damage doesn't win Huttball, most number of scores for your team is what wins. Killing people doesn't win Novarre Coast - holding objectives wins it.

Guarding is a dead easy way to get medals in pvp. I don't understand why people don't do it more.

People seem to think the point of warzones is to kill other players. It isn't. The point of warzones is to acheive the objectives that result in victory. Most number of kills or best damage doesn't win Huttball, most number of scores for your team is what wins. Killing people doesn't win Novarre Coast - holding objectives wins it.

Go for it. While you're focused on medals and objectives, I'll go kill people...that makes both of us happy because you get your objectives easier and I kill more.

Edited by TUXs