The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dear Bioware: Please Bring Back Malgus

DrakePoutine

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that the star wars universe kills off all the good villains. Not just Malgus, but Darth Maul and Boba Fett.

Yeah, Boba Fett sure was a ******. It took a blind smuggler kicking him into a pit to defeat him!

He was wearing a jetpack and everything!

I hate that the star wars universe kills off all the good villains. Not just Malgus, but Darth Maul and Boba Fett.

Maul is alive btw.

He came back in The Clone Wars and later he appeared in the comic Son of Dathomir where he didn't die either.

If Malgus had sent my agent a quick memo saying "going 2 overthrow emp u want in?" he would have signed up so fast Keeper's head would spin.

Anyhow, even though I think Malgus's demise was a bit weak and sudden for the SWTOR Mascot, I don't want yet anothing "and he's back again!" plot.

He's kind of like Revan in that regards. Cool dude, weak death, but ehhhh let's not bring him back please.

He needs his own armor, for starters. That Battlemaster gear looks like every 4th Sith on the Fleet, except it's red.

As far as story and voice-acting go, Marr is alright, but he can't replace the depth of what the original release had for Malgus.

If this game had a budget, Malgus would be back. I don't know anyone back in early 2012 who thought he was actually dead at the end of False Emperor.

That's not Marr's fault. Everyone clammored for that armor (because, lets face it, it looks amazing) so it got released in various forms first through PvP then the CM.

Armor aside, he seems to be the only member of the Dark Council who is actually interested in maintaining and upholding the Empire without simply killing all those who don't agree with him, or manipulating the PC's to help him overthrow the Empire & become Emperor.

Edited by Xythius

Armor aside, he seems to be the only member of the Dark Council who is actually interested in maintaining and upholding the Empire without simply killing all those who don't agree with him, or manipulating the PC's to help him overthrow the Empire & become Emperor.

Agreed, though it's worth noting that he's the only DC member who does anything without becoming irrelevant soon after.

Edited by Excise

Rav-who? Mor-what? Ric-when? Vow-how? :p

I'd love to see Ravage and Mortis come back and gain more of a personality.

Vowrawn gets points for being a cool dude, though. The Sith Warrior is hogging his awesomeness.

I understood only Vowrawn and Ravage. Who are others two? :confused:

Rictus and Mortis. The former is yet to appear in-game, though he was mentioned briefly by Darth Marr preceding the Oricon crisis.

Mortis was last seen handling the Shroud brief, but his VA back then was NOT the one from the Vanilla release.

I'd love to see Ravage and Mortis come back and gain more of a personality.

Vowrawn gets points for being a cool dude, though. The Sith Warrior is hogging his awesomeness.

Christopher Godwin, the VA for Darth Vowrawn, Raptus and countless others, is purely and absolutely godlike.

Hence his second name, I guess. :D

I need some more Darth Vowrawn -- much more. Dude is way too much fun to appear once in a blue moon.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I need some more Darth Vowrawn -- much more. Dude is way too much fun to appear once in a blue moon.

What if he will become the star of some expansion?

Since he went into Rishi Maze, he could come back with some army from there.

Damn, we need more class stories.

What if he will become the star of some expansion?

Since he went into Rishi Maze, he could come back with some army from there.

Damn, we need more class stories.

I agree, it would be nice. Faction unique at least, please.

Army of Mako's, tie up that loose end of the BH story. Using the one guy with the treasure RS hunts for in Ch1 as one of the people who paid for the army. That would then tie in the Cabal for Agent. And an army would be something the Trooper, and Knight to fight while the SW tries to get his/her own army.

JC/SI, can't come up with something off hand. Maybe another plague designed by those cloners to cure/control respectively.

Malgus was one of the precious few NPC characters that actually had something going for them. Goals, agenda, plans to fail at. That alone makes as impressive resume as you could expect. Much untapped potential with his personality, too. They actually wrote a decent book about him, even.

So of course it makes sense he has to die at some irrelevant lvl 50 vanilla fp. He is much more interesting than any other NPC heroes/villains in this game.

Darth Maul was cut in half by a padawan despite having the high ground; which, seemed to be important later when Obiwan easily diced up Anakin while maintaining the high ground; meaning that despite having the advantage in every way, he was laughingly annihilated. Then there is Boba Fett. He doesn't actually do anything in any of the movies. How he came to be percieved as this total ****** by fans before they turned him into a demi god in the EU, is beyond me. He merely follows them to Cloud City, then waits for Darth Vader to do all the work catching Solo, then he lazily carts Solo off without hardly any resistance. Then in ROTJ he gets face rolled by everyone on the barge, to such a degree, that it would be pure comedy if you played the Benny Hill theme along with it. It was embarrassing that they tried to revitalize him in the prequels by making a billion copies of the worst bounty hunter in the original movies.

I'm waiting for Jar Jar to become some total BA with fan fiction.

Bring back Darth Baras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malgus cant be the new emperor, cuz he dies every time when you figh him in the FP, but Baras is still alive , cuz most of us spared his life and sent him into exile.

Edited by iankalo

Bring back Darth Baras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malgus cant be the new emperor, cuz he dies every time when you figh him in the FP, but Baras is still alive , cuz most of us spared his life and sent him into exile.

... But that would force a "canon for the game" ending to that class story. And would ruin some of the fun of that class.

And i still don't understand why BW wanted to kill Malgus...

You can love Marr for his brutal appearance and voice, but...

Malgus have much more opportunity to rebuild "dying" Empire (seriously - you can't buld something with guys, who choking/frying each other just for lulz).

He was the best Emperor ever. Even if not many accept him...

And i still don't understand why BW wanted to kill Malgus...

You can love Marr for his brutal appearance and voice, but...

Malgus have much more opportunity to rebuild "dying" Empire (seriously - you can't buld something with guys, who choking/frying each other just for lulz).

He was the best Emperor ever. Even if not many accept him...

There's far more to Marr than how he looks and sounds. He controls the Sphere of Defense of the Empire, he's the most active member of the Dark Council when it comes to promoting the interests of the Empire, rather than solely his own.

On Makeb we learn that he actually adopted some of Malgus's ideas to strengthen the Empire, he rebuilds Sith Intelligence after Imperial Intelligence is dismantled. He's also incredibly intelligent. He knows he's dying, but he is determined to see the Empire outlive him, and sees conflict as a way to evolve and grow.

And he has Tulak Horde's lightsaber.

I enjoyed Malgus and my characters would follow him as the Empire's leader any time.....Until he made the stupid move of starting an insurrection and critically wound the Empire as a whole, if Malgus is alive and dares to show his face, my characters will be first in line to unload a few rounds right between his eyes.

Darth Maul was cut in half by a padawan despite having the high ground; which, seemed to be important later when Obiwan easily diced up Anakin while maintaining the high ground; meaning that despite having the advantage in every way, he was laughingly annihilated. Then there is Boba Fett. He doesn't actually do anything in any of the movies. How he came to be percieved as this total ****** by fans before they turned him into a demi god in the EU, is beyond me. He merely follows them to Cloud City, then waits for Darth Vader to do all the work catching Solo, then he lazily carts Solo off without hardly any resistance. Then in ROTJ he gets face rolled by everyone on the barge, to such a degree, that it would be pure comedy if you played the Benny Hill theme along with it. It was embarrassing that they tried to revitalize him in the prequels by making a billion copies of the worst bounty hunter in the original movies.

I'm waiting for Jar Jar to become some total BA with fan fiction.

The above is truth... period. THOUGH it could be that genetics doesn't mean as much as training. Boba could have just been cashing in on "daddy's" reputation the whole time.