Bought 2 CE copies of game , subbed for 2 6 monthes subs, wont run 2 games?

CritasStorm

Bioware please,

Every single MMO since muds , UO., eq 1, eq 2, daoc,aoc, LOTR,DDO,Rift,Wow,War,Aion,Star wars Galaxies,Vanguard, DC Online, and on on, If have good Gameing Custom Desktop can run 2 accounts, on same Pc and have setting all set to Ultra 16 aa and 16 ani etc, still get 100 fps, with my 6,900$$ desktop now, on dual 60 Inch Leds.

Here is my point even in old days if had medium pc or decent let alone high end, could Buy 2 accounts 2 copies of the same MMO, pay 2 subs for it, and run them both on same computer this is 1st MMO you cant run, I have tried installing game on my dual solid state drives, and dual sata 2 drives, but when try to copy or download or install 2nd copy, says already have same copy, normally just click on game client on desktop and can load 2nd account and play but this you cant.

What is eta on fix for this, and do realize their are players that do this and wanna do this which means more game copies sold and more 6 monthes subs, I bought 2 CE copies and signed up for 6 monthes subs which each but my gameing laptop, just broke so be atleast 4 monthes before can buy new gameing laptop for 2,500$ so wont have to do this.

So have 2 games both CES and 2 paid for accounts for 6 monthes now, due to my gameing laptop dieing cant play but 1 account time this is total waste, if you were like normal MMOs cause my gameing custom desktop i Built is so Insane I would be to play untill got new laptop both accounts on my gameing desktop at same time, help please?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am talking about 2 game accounts , 2 paid CEs , 2 6 monthes subs on same Custom gameing desktop, what is eta of fix, every mmo listed you can even on old pcs on low or medium setting let alone my insane new rig just built includeing the free to play garbage mmos, so what is eta of fix for this bioware please? Edited by CritasStorm

Why would you do this? What do you gain from playing two copies at the same time, unless you have someone else that's playing... and even then, why don't they have their own computer.

I highly doubt ANYONE but you is trying to do this and personally the concept has never even entered my mind...

sorry but I don't think anybody cares. maybe you should buy another computer to run the second copy on. :(

if read the post my 3 grand gameing laptop died, and that got year ago, its not worth to fix and laptops when they die, depending on part and tech is cheaper to buy new 3 grand pc, and lots of players play 2 accounts and pay for them its more money for bioware and lucas arts more subs and copies of game, not all of them can afford more then 1 crappy best buy, comp usa pc,let alone 7 k system i built and 5k in 2 leds, and im geting my new laptop gameing to replace but it be about 2 monthes 3 monthes max as its xmas and we are going on vacation

Why would you do this? What do you gain from playing two copies at the same time, unless you have someone else that's playing... and even then, why don't they have their own computer.

I highly doubt ANYONE but you is trying to do this and personally the concept has never even entered my mind...

I am guessing you are fairly new to MMOs. Many people buy an additional copy of the game or many more copies of a game to dual-box or multi-box.

Think of having another character on a laptop next to you leveling slicing and earning you more credits than you can spend while you level your main character. Or, want a break from that Inquisitor? Try out the BH you have been leveling on another account.

Dual boxing is a common thing in MMO's. I agree it should be allowed. Going on and on about your life and the cost of your PC makes you look like a tool, but your arguement for multiple instances of the game to run is sound. I would think its something you can change in your files, to allow more instances to be run at once. Look for a player hot fix, not one from bioware.

Its called Boxing and lots of players do it, go to legendary fires of heaven guild site and offical fourms for MMOs, developers of MMos post their alot and ask for feedback and read their.

as to why, simple cause in most MMO most their have careers and wifes and kids, real life, but we are hardcore raiders and gamers for MMos since muds, we can level up 2 characters at same time, most time, their will be some times you cant example raids all though some do it in eq 2, lotr etc, eq 1, if cant get help with group can duo on you own, in this games case do heroic 2.

now while ive always done it, and got every expansion for mmos as well we did eq 1 for 9 years alone and 20 expansions times 2 accounts, plus monthly sub.

But i usally have my custom desktop that replace every 6 monthes, and custom gameing laptop that use for 2nd account but mine just died and was less then year old, for gameing laptop upgrade that like every 1 year.

if read the post my 3 grand gameing laptop died, and that got year ago, its not worth to fix and laptops when they die, depending on part and tech is cheaper to buy new 3 grand pc, and lots of players play 2 accounts and pay for them its more money for bioware and lucas arts more subs and copies of game, not all of them can afford more then 1 crappy best buy, comp usa pc,let alone 7 k system i built and 5k in 2 leds, and im geting my new laptop gameing to replace but it be about 2 monthes 3 monthes max as its xmas and we are going on vacation

LOL i built mine myself and only invested maybe 150 bucks in the end on a graphics card but then again i got it from my boss when i was working in the IT field but seriously just because wow does it doesnt mean its good. and what is the point of running 2 accounts at the same time? what do you accomplish other than have to alt tab over and over again?

LOL i built mine myself and only invested maybe 150 bucks in the end on a graphics card but then again i got it from my boss when i was working in the IT field but seriously just because wow does it doesnt mean its good. and what is the point of running 2 accounts at the same time? what do you accomplish other than have to alt tab over and over again?

He doesnt have to alt tab, with his dual setup he has an account on both monitors, or a giant screen in windowed mode.

He doesnt have to alt tab, with his dual setup he has an account on both monitors, or a giant screen in windowed mode.

yeah forgot about that my bad but still all this time you invest in running 2 accounts at once completely detracts from what the game is about. from day one this game was not meant for the hardcore player the entire game is about the story.

Its called multi-boxing and many people have done this in many many mmo's. It is not "botting" or viewed by most developers as illegal. A person owns both copies of the game and pays for two subs.

OP- I suggest you take a look at these forums. Since it looks like there is already a large multi-boxing community that is playing swtor, it look slike the problem may be on your end. Try aslking there.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

LOL? We believe you, honest....:rolleyes:

Its called multi-boxing and many people have done this in many many mmo's. It is not "botting" or viewed by most developers as illegal. A person owns both copies of the game and pays for two subs.

Actually, I'm under the impression that most multi-boxers use macros to fire multiple keystrokes. Macros are against the TOS here. Just saying.

Edit: It's actually the ROC that macros break -

Use or distribute “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software program or applications.
Edited by princey

I suggest selling one of them. A lot of people have bought multiple copies and sold the extras for ALOT of money. ;)

If he's already tried logging them in, and found out that they wont work at the same time, I'm pretty sure he's probably already popped them open and registered the keys. No way to sell them now(at least, not unless he wants to break the EULA).

There are a couple things you could try.

Load up one version of SWTOR normally, then right-click the SWTOR shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" to load up a second client. Usually when you can't load up multiple instances of the same application, the bottleneck is the user account. Now, if SWTOR is not designed to support running multiple instances then you risk having resource access conflicts when running two clients at once. Ex: Both accounts load up in the same space port, one account loads everything fine but the second account doesn't load any textures because the files were locked by the first instance of the game. Often leads to critical, game crashing errors.

The other thing you can do is duplicate your SWTOR install folder. Create a second SWTOR shortcut on your desktop that points to the second folder. Make sure you load the original, then the copy in order to run two instances of the game. You end up taking twice as much room on your harddrive, and you have to patch anything twice, but you should be able to run two copies of the game with no problems.