The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Drop odds on Master pack...

StarkHelsing

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with you - I have bought TONS of hypercrates in the past, this is by far the most abysmal drop rate for EVERYTHING I have ever seen out of any pack, bar none. 3/4's of it are just crappy companion gifts or rep certificates, that's it. Out of one hypercrate I got *ONE* speeder...normally I get about a half dozen speeders. Of course the "Ceremonial" armor is clearly the junk set, because I got tons of that, but oTT, only a few pieces of the Fearless Hunter set, a surprisingly small amount of cybernetic armor drops (these are normally the "trash" drops), and a whole lotta nothin' else. The decor drops this time around were pathetic too...I think I got all of 4 pieces out of an entire hypercrate.

I call bunk personally.

Nah, you just have bad luck, lad. I got all of the mounts (sans the pack), all of the outfits minus two pieces from the Revan set, both Custos, all the weapons except the DBL, all of the pets, all of the emotes and regens, and most if not all of the decors, along with some colour crystals.

120 crates and no Jetpack to sell. My life is now ruined, QQ.

Nah, you just have bad luck, lad. I got all of the mounts (sans the pack), all of the outfits minus two pieces from the Revan set, both Custos, all the weapons except the DBL, all of the pets, all of the emotes and regens, and most if not all of the decors, along with some colour crystals.

Anyone else see the ironie, here? :rolleyes:

PS: I hope you meant packs, not crates.

Edited by Sindariel

And how many hypercrates did that take? One? More than one?

Also...there is no Revan set in this that I'm aware of, I assume you meant "Revanite".

I got the Vorantikus, the jetpack and Soa from 8 packs. Also I got a Revanite helmet and leggings, dunno how rare those are. Got the Data decoration thingy, along with a Pirate canon, apparently they're rare too, just don't know how rare.

After stupidly buying one more crate, my drop rates did increase...slightly, but still the worst of any previous packs I can recall. Been buying them since day one of the CM.

*shrug*

I'll still turn the contents to profit....and didn't expect to see anything uber rare drop anyway, so it's not wrist cuttingly sad, just disappointing compared to previous experience.

The upside however, is that since a new pack came out, some of the stuff from the last couple packs dropped in price on GTN. Finally got the only Vorantikus I wanted (the blue one) for under 10mill...which I haven't seen until today. Snatched that badboy up and legacy unlocked it.

After stupidly buying one more crate, my drop rates did increase...slightly, but still the worst of any previous packs I can recall. Been buying them since day one of the CM.

*shrug*

I'll still turn the contents to profit....and didn't expect to see anything uber rare drop anyway, so it's not wrist cuttingly sad, just disappointing compared to previous experience.

The upside however, is that since a new pack came out, some of the stuff from the last couple packs dropped in price on GTN. Finally got the only Vorantikus I wanted (the blue one) for under 10mill...which I haven't seen until today. Snatched that badboy up and legacy unlocked it.

http://www.wordsmyth.net/?level=3&ent=luck

That is all.

And how many hypercrates did that take? One? More than one?

Also...there is no Revan set in this that I'm aware of, I assume you meant "Revanite".

If you think that you deserve to get everything you want in one crate, then I suggest you never play any game of chance ever again.

If you think that you deserve to get everything you want in one crate, then I suggest you never play any game of chance ever again.

I think for the cost of a crate, he does deserve to get everything he wants, at least one of each anyways.

Games of chance suck, I learned that long ago.

Buy direct off GTN, either the packs if you like opening them, or just get your thing.

I got the Vorantikus, the jetpack and Soa from 8 packs. Also I got a Revanite helmet and leggings, dunno how rare those are. Got the Data decoration thingy, along with a Pirate canon, apparently they're rare too, just don't know how rare.

Yeah, well, I opened one pack and it gave me a jet pack AND a vorantikus, and a tulak hord armor set, which isn't even supposed to be in this pack. Beat that!

I never said I deserved anything, nor did I even expect anything in specific...other than better drop odds.

All of these flavors to choose from, and you had to choose salty? Tsk tsk.

In hindsight, I probably should have sold the packs, but I enjoy the opening part :o

That's exactly the same for me. When a moment of boredom hits, I am very likely to buy a random hypercrate or three from GTN and just open all the packs. Today, it's not about really needing anything, just seeing the RNG and positive surprise when shinies pop up! :o

that's why i'd rather sell the packs to crazies who open them.

fun fact: did you know star cluster PACK easily sells for 900k? Now I have bought 8 hypercrates for about 5 mil each couple months back and I am the only one selling them right now ;]

8 x 5500000 = 44,000,000

(24 x 8) = 192

192 x 850000 (comission) = 163,200,000

163,200,000 - 44,000,000 = 119, 200,000 Profit on selling star cluster packs and I do this stuff every month now - that's not even half the hypercrates i've got on sale :>

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I may just be experiencing really lame luck. But 54-55 Master Packs opened; Result?

-No Soa [regeneration move; usually drop plenty]

-None of the rare mounts besides the lizard - name forgets me right now.

Everything else seems to drop fine but SOA and the other mounts are just 'nope' nadda. How ridiculously rare are they? Would like to hear folks experiences for this pack before I even think about buying another just to find it's broken.

You need new dice.

I opened 1 hypercrate and got 3 SOA and every single mount in the pack except the Jet Pack and Chemilizard. I bought 4 more packs and pulled another SOA, a second Agitator, and a glorious Jet Pack.