The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

60 Second STUN Immunity - #1 Priority FIX. NOW.

Anzel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really think the CC in this game is that bad, you should try the CC train-wreck that is WOW pvp right now. What we have in swtor is miles better than the alternative.

Two wrongs don't make a right...but three lefts do!

Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.

I'm a Realist not a Pessimist. :D I've been around long enough to know this is not #1 on their list hell it's probably not even in their top 100.

"a pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist" - Ashley Williams :p

Edited by Anaesha

I'm a Realist not a Pessimist. :D I've been around long enough to know this is not #1 on their list hell it's probably not even in their top 100.

LOL! You win...I was just trying to be positive ;)

This is probably true but it *should be their #1 priority. PvP is a total mess. They keep "balancing" the classes over and over and over and over again. What is the saying about repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result? Yeah.

The one thing they can do, very easily, is to fix stuns. They suck. I am as good as anyone at managing my resolve but at the end of the day it sucks. It's no fun. No matter how good you are at it. They need to do something here.

This is probably true but it *should be their #1 priority. PvP is a total mess. They keep "balancing" the classes over and over and over and over again. What is the saying about repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result? Yeah.

The one thing they can do, very easily, is to fix stuns. They suck. I am as good as anyone at managing my resolve but at the end of the day it sucks. It's no fun. No matter how good you are at it. They need to do something here.

The quote you're looking for is "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

The way it is now they can not alter stuns for PVP without altering them for PVE. so if they reduce the effectiveness of Stuns for PVP they make those stuns almost useless for PVE.

The quote you're looking for is "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

The way it is now they can not alter stuns for PVP without altering them for PVE. so if they reduce the effectiveness of Stuns for PVP they make those stuns almost useless for PVE.

They always change PVE stuff for PVP anyways so I don't think it'd be much a change in current direction.

keep the struggle OP

1. 60 second stun immunity

2/ all stuns break on damage

Stuns and CC in PvP are a HUGE problem. It's frankly just not fun to be constantly stun-locked while other players attack you to death with no consequence. Use your one stun-breaker and ZAP someone else on their team gets you again and you're attacked without means of defense until dead.

Yeah. That's fun.

That said, 60 second stun immunity is too far to the other side.

The problem here is RESOLVE. You should get a full resolve bar on the first stun. That would solve the problem (in addition to ALL stuns breaking on damage IMMEDIATELY - that gives you one free shot).

Also, the resolve bar countdown should FREEZE whenever you're behind the spawn area waiting for that shield to finally drop. 95% of full resolve bars (gained while you are killed during stun-lock) wear off while waiting to get back in the game, making it a useless mechanic.

So change that request to this:

1) All stuns break on damage

2) Full resolve bar on first stun

3) Resolve bar countdown STOPS when in spawn area

4) Half resolve bar when rooted (not slowed)

That would reduce the ridiculous amount of stun-locking and make the resolve bar actually help.

Maybe not immunity for 60 seconds but they need to lower the cool down of cc breakers to 60 seconds. Also Electoronet should make the resolve bar go to full since they make sorc use their cc break premature and both cc break and bubble appear to be on the global cool down.

Stuns and CC in PvP are a HUGE problem. It's frankly just not fun to be constantly stun-locked while other players attack you to death with no consequence. Use your one stun-breaker and ZAP someone else on their team gets you again and you're attacked without means of defense until dead.

Yeah. That's fun.

That said, 60 second stun immunity is too far to the other side.

The problem here is RESOLVE. You should get a full resolve bar on the first stun. That would solve the problem (in addition to ALL stuns breaking on damage IMMEDIATELY - that gives you one free shot).

Also, the resolve bar countdown should FREEZE whenever you're behind the spawn area waiting for that shield to finally drop. 95% of full resolve bars (gained while you are killed during stun-lock) wear off while waiting to get back in the game, making it a useless mechanic.

So change that request to this:

1) All stuns break on damage

2) Full resolve bar on first stun

3) Resolve bar countdown STOPS when in spawn area

4) Half resolve bar when rooted (not slowed)

That would reduce the ridiculous amount of stun-locking and make the resolve bar actually help.

Anything is better than what we have now. This weekend I was leveling a new character with 2xp and PvP is like 1 billion times more enjoyable at the lower levels. Why? Because everyone is below level 30 and they don't have like 10 stuns each. Something needs to be done. Stat.