Grav round is killing gunnery for me.

Dutchpower

Try bounty hunter, where many people feel the same.

Some people like one, some people like the other. I haven't gotten there on a commando yet, but I definitely didn't like the BH animation.

Can you explain what's wrong with the BH one? I haven't played one.

I was expecting Grav round to be this audio-heavy: BOOM, watching the air warp around the target as the gravity weighs down on the bearer, feeling the shock and the brutality and heaviness of the ability, feeling like a boss every time I use it.

It ended up looking like a stream of blue semen with a pathetic whistling sound.

No matter, went assault spec anyway. Much more fun.

Edited by Sickarius

I was expecting Grav round to be this audio-heavy: BOOM, watching the air warp around the target as the gravity weighs down on the bearer, feeling the shock and the brutality and heaviness of the ability, feeling like a boss every time I use it.

It ended up looking like a stream of blue semen with a pathetic whistling sound.

Dev's, if you read this. I want this. I want the person on the otherside of my grav round to tremble by the shear sound/animation of my grav round.

High impact bolt already sounds like someone sat on a ketchup bottle. At least give us this.

I totally agree with the OP. Grav Round is probably the most underwhelming skill Troopers get next to Mortar Volley.

I don't know what trooper you're playing, but mortar volley looks, sounds, and performs amazingly aside from the warmup bug.

Just my opinion about Mortar Volley; but the whole planting my feet & firing three grenades just doesn't amaze me like, for instance, Death From Above does.

Again, just my opinion. ;) At least we all agree Grav Round needs help! :)

Edited by ArmageddonX

I just pretend that it is a rail gun and is firing so fast I cant see it. And it leaves the blue trail. But that is not really working. I just feel like not enough trooper skills look it came out of the blaster. full auto and hammer shot that is it. The rest are like other things being fired from the gun.

So to be clear we have a grenade launcher on it. We have a mortar launcher on it and what ever shoots the high impact shot. And now what ever shoots the Grav round. As most of those sound like they are ballistic type weapons and the blasters shoot lasers or energy or something I am not sure. So the point I am making there are like 5 mods duck tapped to the gun so I can shot these other skills off.

Hah i've been wondering the same thing. Playing a Merc and while I love the sound, the animation is ok. Bending over 5x is kind of annoying. But I spend most time looking at my target. What concerns me more is that I have to spam that sooo much until I think 30s?

Same thing with commando the way i understand it. You won't have to fire grav round constantly after a certain level. If that's not true, that's a problem, not just artistically but just with a lack of variety to keep interest. (arcane mage anyone lol)

As far as the sound and graphic of grav round goes, I've looked up a few videos, and unless I'm wrong, the sound is dependant on what kind of sound system your running. Check this sound out- may need to turn it up:

YOu can hear the heavy bass of this guys sound. I honestly love that with grav round.

So now I can't decide if I want to roll commando or vanguard after already having a merc...

Edited by Crogga

Yeah, Grav Rounds feels pretty weak, especially since it becomes my goto spammable once it's skilled-up. I use it, but it's not nearly as much fun as even the basic shot. What's the point of having a giant machine gun when you are firing these weak little beam attacks? They should take High Impact Beam, double the projectile size, and then make a lough "Whoomp!" sound when it fires, maybe with a serious kick animation, and if they really want to go for broke, an expanding disc of a muzzle flash.

Perhaps its your sound system but I got grav round last night and it has a pretty deep base sound on my surround sound system. I will agree that beam looks a little weak but I can also see there is a vortex graphic on the target you hit with it which looks kinda cool in my opinion.

I totally agree with the OP. Grav Round is probably the most underwhelming skill Troopers get next to Mortar Volley.

I have to agree here too on both statments. Grav round just sounds like a pathetic silencer to me and that is meh. Also Mortar Volley?! C'mon! Little tiny baby fire drops? Give me a break talk about pathetic. Give us some animation rework love please.

I really don't have an issue with the graphic or sound of grav round. I do think having to build up a 5 stack causes a bit of tedium when fighting regular or even strong mobs, though. By the time you got a 5 stack built up, the target's probably dead or very close to it. I want a little more variety when soloing. I have more abilities than can fit on my toolbars and I'm just spamming grav round on most pulls because it puts out so much damage.

That's a very odd complaint, I know.

I think grav round is absolutely perfect. It hits like a mack truck in PvP (and PvE) and people have no idea theyre being hit or even about to die until theyre at 20% and you pop your High Impact Bolt and theyre eating dirt.

I think grav round is absolutely perfect. It hits like a mack truck in PvP (and PvE) and people have no idea theyre being hit or even about to die until theyre at 20% and you pop your High Impact Bolt and theyre eating dirt.

As much as I dislike having to spam this ability over and over again in PVE and PVP what this chap says is pretty accurate. I love charging it up while a melee closes on me and when he gets a few steps away half his health is gone and you can physically see his resolve change as he looks for an escape. Who's the boss now lightsaber jockey?