Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

It is in essence nearly the MW's entire armada, meaning that the missiles fired would be in the hundreds if not thousands.

Let me see if I can find where I put the exact numbers...

You could alo respond to my PMs.

More than 2 days now...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is in essence nearly the MW's entire armada, meaning that the missiles fired would be in the hundreds if not thousands.

We have around 2000 fighters and Im sure that each one could shoot down at least one missile. The problem will be mobilising them in time.

Also with the large swarm of missiles, we can just let all our weapons fire into the missile swarm.

As Some one else said... PM responses would be nice.

Dont make me do mine over it was my economy and that thing is spread acrossed like 8 PM's for me to figure the thing out.... since I havent messed with it in so long.

I know guys I talk a lot about making money, but that doesnt mean I am like scrouge sitting there counting it all the time. I make the money note it and then move on to the next venture to make more money. I take once a month to sit down and count my money... :p

As Some one else said... PM responses would be nice.

Dont make me do mine over it was my economy and that thing is spread acrossed like 8 PM's for me to figure the thing out.... since I havent messed with it in so long.

I know guys I talk a lot about making money, but that doesnt mean I am like scrouge sitting there counting it all the time. I make the money note it and then move on to the next venture to make more money. I take once a month to sit down and count my money... :p

I have to ask tune do you even knoe where all your ships are?Because if someone wanted to take your factions out it would be impossible because no one knows where your fleet is located.long story short I have a job for you after the next update.

Edited by Jarons

I have to ask tune do you even Knapp where all your ships are?Because if someone wanted to take your factions out it would be impossible because no one knows where your fleet is located.long story short I have a job for you after the next update.

I know where my ships are.... the reason you cant find me is because almost everything I own is in undisclosed locations through out the galaxy. I stick to the shadows pretty well. I think this is why as Sil said... I have pissed off....

2:00, which is why I continue to be so hard to find :D. When you have a galaxy mad at you for your SUSPECTED activities, its best to just stay out of the galaxies way and keep going about your business. Edited by tunewalker

I have to ask tune do you even knoe where all your ships are?Because if someone wanted to take your factions out it would be impossible because no one knows where your fleet is located.long story short I have a job for you after the next update.

Only I know. Tune... At times he can forget and I have to re-send him the locations. :rolleyes:

Also, I may suspend the game until Friday, because of finales week and all of the papers that must be written. Heck, that is the main reason so little has been responded to this week...

Only I know. Tune... At times he can forget and I have to re-send him the locations. :rolleyes:

Also, I may suspend the game until Friday, because of finales week and all of the papers that must be written. Heck, that is the main reason so little has been responded to this week...

To be fair, when you DO link me where they are i usually have to Remind YOU alterations that were made..... Usually i just need a reminder of how MANY fleets I have. I forget who or what I am doing some times....I know the ultimate goal, but some times I forget what stage of the plan I am on.....

I know where my ships are.... the reason you cant find me is because almost everything I own is in undisclosed locations through out the galaxy. I stick to the shadows pretty well. I think this is why as Sil said... I have pissed off....

2:00, which is why I continue to be so hard to find :D. When you have a galaxy mad at you for your SUSPECTED activities, its best to just stay out of the galaxies way and keep going about your business.

Well that's perfect for the Job I need done.I just need delivery mades that's it and that's all.

Does it involve bringing people back from the dead?

Not yet am still 2-3 million short of that one but that's very soon.The other job let's just say will help the Coalition out with expansion nd kicking you out of my faction.

I wish you will at least finish working on the things you been working on for my Factions and from my Agenda so I can start moving.Like I said he will see.

Except what I refer to, has been in motion for a while and doesn't need maintenance. That said... I have also stated why I haven't worked on them recently... Oh, and this really should be in the other thread due to not being about something going on in the game. (Currently, I mean)

Eh... its not like I cant spare it.....

Something, Something, Something, Donations. Something, Something, Something, Complete!

The Empire has finished constructing a Death Star due to the kind donations of its citizens and other benefactors! Soon, the galaxy will once again know peace and security as had been established before the Rebellion.

*Empire conquers the galaxy by week 50*

/sarcasm

Then I will burn this faction down and from the ashes create a new one.

Funny you should say that...

*laughs maniacally next to massive bonfire while folks debate*

Oh, and as far as shooting down the missiles you have to remember a few things

1. No accounts of turbolaser fire being a successful means of eliminating missiles save for Point defence cannons (which lack range and I have diamond boron missiles as well so goodbye to that idea)

2. The MW fleet is unloading the combined turbolaser fire from the entire fleet as well as a host of ship-to-ship missiles directed at the PC fleets. When I say host, I'm referring to a minimum of 1,800 spraying from the 50 Jehavey'ir types, not to mention the Skiprays launching a host of proton torpedoes at any fighter that tries to stop my missiles.

3. Also note: I have 7,000+ starfighters at this battle, the majority being State of the Art X-83's...

4. Oh, and the 49 Crusader-class ships... bye-bye fighters...

In fact, ya'll should be worried about the opening salvo blowing your ships apart. While out of range, the sheer volume of fire spreading from my fleet would make any attempt to organize against the missile difficult, not to mention the fact that the slew of missiles headed for the ships would make discovering that there were even space-to-ground missiles more difficult.

Here's another issue, warning systems for all the ships will register the ship-to-ship missiles with locks on the capital ships, why would they even notice the nuclear missiles and not just assume that they were bad shots. If they think their jamming signals can screw up missiles, then why would they even take a second look until mushroom clouds started to appear?

The biggest factor that needs to be addressed is, how much of your fleet are you willing to lose to protect the surface? And are these men even capable of registering the threat from the nukes in the first place. In fact, before this assault, no one here even knew I had nukes...

1. No accounts of turbolaser fire being a successful means of eliminating missiles save for Point defence cannons (which lack range and I have diamond boron missiles as well so goodbye to that idea)

2. The MW fleet is unloading the combined turbolaser fire from the entire fleet as well as a host of ship-to-ship missiles directed at the PC fleets. When I say host, I'm referring to a minimum of 1,800 spraying from the 50 Jehavey'ir types, not to mention the Skiprays launching a host of proton torpedoes at any fighter that tries to stop my missiles.

3. Also note: I have 7,000+ starfighters at this battle, the majority being State of the Art X-83's...

In fact, ya'll should be worried about the opening salvo blowing your ships apart. While out of range, the sheer volume of fire spreading from my fleet would make any attempt to organize against the missile difficult, not to mention the fact that the slew of missiles headed for the ships would make discovering that there were even space-to-ground missiles more difficult.

Here's another issue, warning systems for all the ships will register the ship-to-ship missiles with locks on the capital ships, why would they even notice the nuclear missiles and not just assume that they were bad shots. If they think their jamming signals can screw up missiles, then why would they even take a second look until mushroom clouds started to appear?

The biggest factor that needs to be addressed is, how much of your fleet are you willing to lose to protect the surface? And are these men even capable of registering the threat from the nukes in the first place. In fact, before this assault, no one here even knew I had nukes...

Like I told you before my friend I already prepared for this.You never responded to my PM so I'll know if you still want the blasters or not.

Also I knew you had nukes I believe I mentioned it when the game first started.Also I think it should be noted that Random character more then likely will die on the ground.

Given the strategy presented early...most of these points aren't applicable.

1. Tubrolaser fire > point defense fire. Therefore they would be able to take out a missile or several if clustered together. Given the fact that the MW fleet is firing from an immense range. Then turbolaser fire should be able to knock out incoming missiles, unless those missiles have the ability to dodge lasers. Furthermore I highly doubt that the presented strategy would work due to the range stated the MW fleet would be engaging from (and it won't be here long given the details as well). Missiles have a limited fuel source and given the fact that they are being fired from a range that makes turbolasers irrelevant most (if not all) will have died out before reaching the fleets in orbit. The Nukes especially.

2. And those turbolasers will be useless given the fact that the MW fleet is essentially firing the missiles and jumping out of town. Not to mention that their already hopping into system out of range of any gravity well threat.

3.So...they're firing missiles too right? Or is there a reason for them to actually engage? If they are firing missiles then they will have to close range to do so which completely ruins the whole idea of getting away without giving away the factions identity.

4. And? Are they covering the fighters as they go in or are they staying with the fleet? Given presented strategy and the whole point of the attack as trying not to get caught then they will not be engaging. Or did they cover up the fact that the MW logo is painted on every craft via faction trait 1?

I'd also like to add that Dar'yaim leaves before the missile salvo is finished as well. Throw in a commander who is more than competent. As well as ships specially designed for this type of thing. Means that the odds are actually pretty good for the OK and GI. I really feel that the MW trying to remain out of sight while doing this is the biggest hindrance to the plan. It means they have to stay out of sensor range of these ships or at least visual, throw in the fact that the GI has ships capable of cloaking that are very fast and maneuverable, and they will be caught. GI ships do have advanced sensors and I'm pretty sure that the OK ships have upgrades as well. The distance alone completely takes apart most of the planned damage as well.

Given the strategy presented early...most of these points aren't applicable.

1. Tubrolaser fire > point defense fire. Therefore they would be able to take out a missile or several if clustered together. Given the fact that the MW fleet is firing from an immense range. Then turbolaser fire should be able to knock out incoming missiles, unless those missiles have the ability to dodge lasers. Furthermore I highly doubt that the presented strategy would work due to the range stated the MW fleet would be engaging from (and it won't be here long given the details as well). Missiles have a limited fuel source and given the fact that they are being fired from a range that makes turbolasers irrelevant most (if not all) will have died out before reaching the fleets in orbit. The Nukes especially.

2. And those turbolasers will be useless given the fact that the MW fleet is essentially firing the missiles and jumping out of town. Not to mention that their already hopping into system out of range of any gravity well threat.

3.So...they're firing missiles too right? Or is there a reason for them to actually engage? If they are firing missiles then they will have to close range to do so which completely ruins the whole idea of getting away without giving away the factions identity.

4. And? Are they covering the fighters as they go in or are they staying with the fleet? Given presented strategy and the whole point of the attack as trying not to get caught then they will not be engaging. Or did they cover up the fact that the MW logo is painted on every craft via faction trait 1?

I'd also like to add that Dar'yaim leaves before the missile salvo is finished as well. Throw in a commander who is more than competent. As well as ships specially designed for this type of thing. Means that the odds are actually pretty good for the OK and GI. I really feel that the MW trying to remain out of sight while doing this is the biggest hindrance to the plan. It means they have to stay out of sensor range of these ships or at least visual, throw in the fact that the GI has ships capable of cloaking that are very fast and maneuverable, and they will be caught. GI ships do have advanced sensors and I'm pretty sure that the OK ships have upgrades as well. The distance alone completely takes apart most of the planned damage as well.

1. Where in the galaxy do you think my fleet is? Immense range? One does not have to be entirely outside the range of a interdictor's mass shadow in order to be a safe distance from it. My vessels have more then enough firepower to annihilate anything fast enough to close before their missiles are off and they've left.

Immense range? I'm hardly firing from the edge of the system... Karadron you entirely misunderstand this entire battle. Also your point about fuel is complete ridiculous. You assume the MW is so stupid that it would deploy missiles from a distance that can't make it to their target? You're very wrong and we have plenty of evidence of missiles outdistancing turbolasers.

And did I ever assume that every missile would hit?

Even just 5 missiles would be enough to level most of the intended targets on the ground and impart a blast on the planet bigger than the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa with a lot morte nuclear fallout. Based on theories regarding nuclear winter, 100 missiles (perhaps fewer considering the much larger load these carry compared to Earth nukes) would cause catastrophic weather events and nuclear winter.

And you have 1,200 missiles to stop... Karadron, the math is against you.

2. Not out of range of any gravity well, merely any gravity well (or deep enough into any gravity well) that they can't escape before engaging your fleets.

I would also like to ask, do you really think you could take my fleet at all? I mean honestly, you have to see that your fleet would get annihilated. They're various factions, few of whom like or work with each other each with their own goals and commanders. Going up against a larger, unified, and powerful force bent on annihilating them... And on that note, do you really believe that your people would take a show of force like that and throw it out the window to chase missiles they probably don't even see due to the other theatrics and such...

3. What is with you and range? Missiles > turbolasers in range. Why the hell would the Broadside-class ever have been invented otherwise? Get over it Karadron, missiles can easily close this distance without putting the assaulting ships in harms way. I'm not saying you'll suffer massive casualties, but you can defend your fleet or the planet, none of you have the resources to do both.

4. What? I assume you reference the skiprays? Skiprays are anti-fighter, so if you deploy fighters to attack the missiles, expect proton torpedoes to start obliterating fighters. I did say, and Sil can confirm, that the MW is willing to risk fighters to achieve success here.

Did you not read the scenario at all? Dar'yaim freaking contacted all the factions and announced his presence. his fleet is impossible to hide. They're not hiding at all they just don't want to be slowed down or hindered trying to hit the targets they're interested in hitting. Basically being drawn into a protracted battle just doesn't fit their timetable or they'd destroy your fleet (which I really didn't feel right doing to ya'll)

Yeah I think you don't understand this fight Karadron... Hence why the error in your arguments.

Also note: anyone who has read the actual account of the destruction of Serroco knows that the Mandalorians were at the edge of the system when they fired, the missiles did angle themselves around the enemy fleet, and did so faster than Karath could compensate his fleet's position or the planet's missile defense system. These missiles are hardly slow by any means, they are faster than any ship... I hope this refresher helps you assess them better.

Also, just to humor Sil and I... would you be willing to argue as to how your men might try to escape or survive touchdown of my nukes on the planet? Or what you intend to do after said assault?

Edited by StarSquirrel

Also I think it should be noted that Random character more then likely will die on the ground.

How about no? Dealing with unexpected situations is literally his character trait. All he has to do is run like 10 meters to his star fighters and get of the ground. Hell be of the planet, befote the missiles have crossed half of the distance.