Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

Note that he doesn't stay to watch the explosions, meaning that they could in theory be intercepted... Though this is mostly due to the range between where the missiles were fired, and the planet itself. That said, how successful or not the defense is, depends on peoples points. Also, to engage the MW's fleet *other than flagship* it must be discussed if the interdictors can respond in time.

I'll have all troops rally under the shields of the Acclamator and have everything that I have in range fire at those missiles and such and redirect all power of the ship towards shields and top weapons (Engines are off, so there's quite a lot of power left).

That is rocket launchers, heavy tanks and heavy artillery and all weapons of the Acclamator that can somehow manage to fire at the bombs and missiles.

After it is over my remaining forces will search for survivors. The Nebulon-Bs are still far away from the planet and will not have taken direct damage.

Edit: I can't say anything regarding an interception of the fleet because I haven't got any ships in range. Can you post all of the ships that are in orbit. MW, OK, GI, (FC?)

Edited by CheaterLL

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I certainly understand (and expected) the rage, since I do the same thing.

However, if you think you've lost something valuable you have no idea yet...

As for the debate, some variables to keep in mind

- Nukes, while higher yields than what we know of on Earth (think Tsar Bomba) they are still just nukes

-- This means that even if they hit, they have limited blast radiuses (I'll cover targets in a minute)

-- This also means targets that can find shelter in deep caves etc... might survive (All things to debate)

- Diamond-boron missiles are mixed in... while lower yield than the Nukes. they'll be more precise and nearly impossible to shoot down.

However, you'll also have to address:

- How many nukes make it?

- Nuclear Winter, how will your men handle it

- Irradiation, hazmat, fallout

- effect on locals, how will your faction react?

As for the fleet:

- Remember, MW has data on Tune's gravity well projectors (from pirating operations) as well as advanced Imperial models courtesy of KB's assault on Naos III (it wasn't a loss for me kiddos!)

-- This will allow them to properly judge the safe distance to attack from without being caught

- The MW's first move in this fight is to fire a massive salvo at the gathered fleets, serving as a distraction.

-- The number of missiles coming from 50 Jehavey'ir-type ships, 6 Strike Class, an Ajuur-class, 240 Skiprays not to mention the accurate long-range fire of 4 Munificents and the wildly directed fire from over a hundred capital ships should prove quite distracting for anyone trying to pick out about 100 missiles that veer slightly off-course.

- The biggest casualty I can expect are fighters, as X-83's would react to any space-borne attempt to eliminate the missiles. Not a lot of X-83's mind you, but enough that their sacrifice would allow a few through.

Targets:

- Voss-Ka (w/ diamond boron missile targeting the Tower of Prophecy)

- Major Gormak settlements

- Border and all large PC targets along said border.

Ultimately looking to sow chaos and kill as many people as possible.

Note: All aforementioned activities (while coming from me) reflect Dar'yaim and his positions/plans and not necessarily those of my own. The distinction is difficult to see now, but it'll be more clear sometime after this debate is closed.

I'll have all troops rally under the shields of the Acclamator and have everything that I have in range fire at those missiles and such and redirect all power of the ship towards shields and top weapons (Engines are off, so there's quite a lot of power left).

That is rocket launchers, heavy tanks and heavy artillery and all weapons of the Acclamator that can somehow manage to fire at the bombs and missiles.

After it is over my remaining forces will search for survivors. The Nebulon-Bs are still far away from the planet and will not have taken direct damage.

Edit: I can't say anything regarding an interception of the fleet because I haven't got any ships in range. Can you post all of the ships that are in orbit. MW, OK, GI, (FC?)

Note, some of these Nukes are set to detonate at high-altitudes. While not exactly posing a danger to your shielded men, the radiation might cause you some problems if you ever drop that shield.

Also note: Diamond-boron missiles... sure your shields can hold with the ship sitting idle? I mean, you said it that the IRA has a treaty with the MW. Wouldn't they be caught the most off-guard seeing as how they're at peace? Not that they wouldn't react in time, but what about men patrolling or building stuff? Maybe the shield operator can't get the shield up till a Nuke airbursts and drops a ton of radiation into the ship's protective field...

Things to consider.

I will say this the FC has no knowledge of this before hand but I will not lie and say this wasn't expected.Am pretty sure the main targets of this attack is the Gi not the OK or the RA.As the two factions have history.I would also like to meantioned at this time the FC is not picking a side incase a war is to break out until we understand the motives of each faction.

Side note :Since the IRA leader is on Gall she is under our protection and will not allow any harm to be down.We will aslo ask that Tor come to the Coalition HQ to answer some questions if that is alright with you Star.

I will say this the FC has no knowledge of this before hand but I will not lie and say this wasn't expected.Am pretty sure the main targets of this attack is the Gi not the OK or the RA.As the two factions have history.I would also like to meantioned at this time the FC is not picking a side incase a war is to break out until we understand the motives of each faction.

Side note :Since the IRA leader is on Gall she is under our protection and will not allow any harm to be down.We will aslo ask that Tor come to the Coalition HQ to answer some questions if that is alright with you Star.

Uh, to be quite honest I think you give me more credit than I am due...

No I'm bombing everyone or, that is to say, Dar'yaim is bombing everyone and he isn't picking favorites. Rest assured that IRA, FC, OK, and GI (basically whoever I can point a gun at right here) are all equally targeted by the MW...

Also note: Sil I'll PM you details but suffice to say the SD and Tor will be leaving Gall early this week (picked up by you-know-who, on the way to meet the main fleet which I think will occur next week.) So, Tor will certainly not be answering any questions, at least for now. The kid's unpredictable so you never know if he might be back.

To protect the ships hull from enviromental damage such as storms carrying small objects or hail, the shields are always activated, though at very low power, but they're still able to deflect dangerous amounts of raditation. All the bridge officer has to do is push the reactor and shields levers to maximum.

Patrolling units are either equipped with speeders or with an AT-TE (They are used for most transportation along with LAATs), which should be able to hold off most of the dangerous stuff and also contain a medical droid. They also have sealed full body armor which allows them to survive several minutes longer than usual.

12 quad turbolaser cannons on the Acclamator

24 point-defense laser cannons on the Acclamator

40 heavy turbolasers on the SPHAs. While neither accurate nor fast they will pulverise any bomb that it hits without exploding it

120 mass drivers loaded with heatseeker missiles on the AT-TEs. They are able to track the incoming missiles and hit them head-on.

LAAT/is are equipped with 4 very mobile and fast laser cannons as well as rockets and are able to dodge most of the bombs and rockets.

The few missiles that come through won't cause enough damage to the ship to reach critical systems as the upper levels only contain crew sections and similar non-vital areas.

Karadron's Corner of Opinions

1. Missiles run on fuel. Which will be a huge issue if the main missile ships are firing from a distance to outrange interdictors and long range weaponry.

2. Starfighter missiles have a much smaller range than capital ship ones.

3 The GI fleet alone has over 330 point defense guns, not including laser cannons.

4. The GI fleet commander is better. Oh, and he won't forget this.

5. Sil...release the Master-class. While specialized against taking out larger ships it's main gun should be able to neutralize a lot of missiles at once.

6. Cloaking devices. I got small ships, big ships, any type of ship you could think of with the power of stealth. Most notably my Immobilizer and Stealth Ships.

7. Plus 3000 Spacetroopers. For other fun.

Master-Class Cruiser

- Class: Cruiser

- length: 530 meters

- Width: 300 meters

- Armaments: 1 Super Ion Cannon, 10 Point Defense cannons, 10 Dual Heavy Laser Cannons

- Hyperdrive: Class 2

- Shielding: Trolol

- Armor: Average

- Compliment: None

- Special: Triangle Shape, Ion Cannon structure takes up most of the ship (also Ion Cannon overcharged cost-wise for more power)

- Crew:2500

- Troops: 200

- Cargo: 500 tons

- Speed: Slow

Ive got 1320 fighters, 96 point defense lasers, 240 quad lasers, 16 diamond baron missile launchers, 160 conc missile launchers, 48 quad turbolasers and 240 turbolasers to fire into the missile swarm and quite a lot of time to do so.

@Karadron does the super ion canon function like the one on the Malevolence?

Edit: Ayan is also a better fleet commander then Dar'yaim.

Edit 2: when Ayan is informed of the attack, he will immediatly leave the planet to get to the fleet, because he is the OK's primary fleet commander, so he will not be on planet when the misiles land.

Edited by raandomname

Guys this is a surprise attack none of you would be expecting it IC wse so your fleets really have no time to react until the Bombs are already hitting your fleets and the locations planetside.This isn't a space battle this is a slaughter then Run.From what I can tell.More then likely most of your ships will be crippled and some of the GI stealth ships will be hit before the Master class has a chance to react and activate. Another problem is I doubt anyone of your fleets can run Thanks to Karadon Interceptor gravity well projectors. So until its deactivated your stuck.

Also I have a question isn't Askar the one in charge of the fleet here and Dar'yaim just the figure head giving orders.If that's the case then they out class both of your commanders who I doubt at this time can really communicate and will probably rushed to fire back MW to stop the next Slavo of missiles.Also their no way for the Ayan to make to off the planet until after the Bombs hit and the nuclear Fallout occurs.So am afford Ayan might have died planet side.

Lastly while my Faction is probably next and I have taken some necessary steps to give us a fighting chance I most admit that this attack was beautifully done and well planned out so I most respect Stars for that.

If that's the case then they out class both of your commanders

Ehm no, I have more points in star fighters, capital ships, deception, positioning and discipline, he only has more in skirmish and campaign and the latter is hardly relevant. And before anybody asks, I did not just add these points. They were there for quite some time now, idk why you did not see them.

I also dont see why the commanders should be unable to communicate.

As has been said already, the missiles will have to travel quite a distance to reach the planet, so we should at least have some time.

Edited by raandomname

Guys this is a surprise attack none of you would be expecting it IC wse so your fleets really have no time to react until the Bombs are already hitting your fleets and the locations planetside.This isn't a space battle this is a slaughter then Run.From what I can tell.More then likely most of your ships will be crippled and some of the GI stealth ships will be hit before the Master class has a chance to react and activate. Another problem is I doubt anyone of your fleets can run Thanks to Karadon Interceptor gravity well projectors. So until its deactivated your stuck.

Also I have a question isn't Askar the one in charge of the fleet here and Dar'yaim just the figure head giving orders.If that's the case then they out class both of your commanders who I doubt at this time can really communicate and will probably rushed to fire back MW to stop the next Slavo of missiles.Also their no way for the Ayan to make to off the planet until after the Bombs hit and the nuclear Fallout occurs.So am afford Ayan might have died planet side.

Lastly while my Faction is probably next and I have taken some necessary steps to give us a fighting chance I most admit that this attack was beautifully done and well planned out so I most respect Stars for that.

This is a hit and run the main target is Voss itself. The real question is how much of a surprise attack it is. I have agents inside the MW. They've been their for a long time now. Also my fleet over Voss is the most prepared fleet for an attack. Throw in the fact that my faction would be operating at a higher alert since they are not in territory that is owned by them. As well add to that the fact that most of my officers and troops gained experience fighting in the most dangerous part of the galaxy the Unknown Regions.

Then we can talk about character and faction innates:

MW

Only Faction Trait 2 come into play: Improves Efficiency and Discipline

OK:

Same: Improves Efficiency and Discipline.

GI:

Similar: boost to troop effectiveness and skill.

MW and OK really cancel for their involvement. The GIs is slightly different, rather than boosting troop discipline (or how they work together) it boosts troop skill (or individual performance).

Character innates also come into play:

OK:

1. Canderous' Heir: increses loyalty and morale of Mandalorian followers

2. Adaptable: can respond and apadt to changing situations quickly

MW:

1. Improves loyalty

GI:

Fearless Commander: Combat situations invigorate him. He never wavers from his command once battle starts. In doing so he awes his crews who gain a huge increase in efficiency during battle.

Those are the known factors involved. Essentially what this means is that the MW hit and run will benefit less from innates and more from numbers. The OK really benefits from its leaders adaptability trait. The GI benefits from the huge efficiency boost on top of the basic faction efficiency boost.

The question really becomes how fast reactions can take. The GI has their commander in space already which means that they get their innate as soon as combat starts. Throw in the high defenses of the GI fleet and things get even worse because of the efficiency and skill boosts. As well, I can post total numbers of the GI fleet over Voss if need be but the fleet does have numbers--and I'm pretty sure that the entire OK fleet is here and it can wreck capital ships.

As well if the Immobilizer is active before hand then Star's fleet will either be pulled out too early or come out of hyperspace further from the planet than intended.

Given the fact that it's a hit and run attack the fleet damage to the GI and OK will be little to none. The real problem comes with Voss itself.

Just a reminder of the defending fleet numbers:

GI:

- 4 Ardent

- 400 IF-11s

- 9 Enigma-class corvettes

- 4 Imp II frigates

- 7 Stealth Ships

- 2 ASAM

- 280TIE Phantom

- 200 TIE Defenders

- 4 Vindicator-class heavy cruiser

- 1 Immobilizer 418 cruiser (Cloaking device)

- 14 Tartan-class patrol cruiser

- 14 DP20

- 4 Stealth Ship

- 315 Nssis-class Clawcraft

- 295 Skipray

- 1 Master-class

o 4,000 Droidekas

o 24,000 Stormtroopers

o 10 Voss Mystics

o 200 Voss Elite Commandos

o 3000 Spacetroopers

o 1500 Chameleon Droids

o 1000 Commando Droids

o 512 Scout Troopers

o 512 Scout trooper snipers

o 128 Bomb Squad Troopers

o 512 Jumptroopers

o 384 Marines

o 200 Medics

o 80 LAAT/i

OK:

- 4 Acclamators

- 40 DP20s

- 320 GAT-24r Skiprey Blastboats

- 1000 Bes'uliiks

o 320 Turbostorm-Class Gunships

o 568 Canderous-Class Assault Tanks

o 1,280 CK-6 Swoops

o 4,400 Basilisk War Droids

o 94,000 TOR-era Mandalorians

o 12,000 TOR-era Mandalorians with rocket launchers

o 8200 SD-6 Battle Droids

IRA:

- 1x EF76 Nebulon-B medical frigate (Cure)

o Class 1 Hyperdrive

 Cargo

• 150 Medical personnel (calculated as light soldiers): 150 * 0.5t = 75t

• 24 months of supplies for 150 medical personnel: 365 * 2 * 150 * 0.01 = 1,095t

• state of the art medical station, including medical supplies for 1 year: (remaining cargo) 4,830t

• Remaining Cargo: 0

• 75 Republic Militia

• 920 Crew

- 2x EF76 Nebulon-B (Alde; Antilles)

o Class 1 Hyperdrive

 Cargo

• 1,250 Clone Troopers: Normal Soldier (1t) * 1,250 = 1,250t

• 1 year of supplies: 365 * 0.01t * 1,250 = 4,562.5t

• Remaining Cargo: 187.5

• 75 Republic Militia

• 920 Crew

- 1x Acclamator I (Vindicator)

o Cargo

 1st Standard Legion

The details about the 'Enigma' class

IC-1 Enigma-Class Corvette

- Class: Corvette

- length: 200 meters

- Width: 25 meters

- Armaments: 16 Laser Cannons

- Hyperdrive: Class 1 (Backup Class 12)

- Special: Stealth, Advanced Jamming

- Crew:50

- Troops: 20

- Cargo: 200 tons

- Speed: Slightly faster than Tartan

I would advise going into the topics of jamming, distance, and cohesion.

Edited by Silenceo

GI:

- 4 Ardent

- 400 IF-11s

- 4 Imp II frigates

- 7 Stealth Ships

- 2 ASAM

- 280TIE Phantom

- 200 TIE Defenders

- 14 DP20

- 4 Stealth Ship

- 295 Skipray

- 1 Master-class

o 4,000 Droidekas

o 24,000 Stormtroopers

o 10 Voss Mystics

o 3000 Spacetroopers

o 1500 Chameleon Droids

o 1000 Commando Droids

o 512 Scout Troopers

o 512 Jumptroopers

o 384 Marines

o 200 Medics

o 80 LAAT/i

OK:

- 4 Acclamators

- 40 DP20s

- 1000 Bes'uliiks

o 1,280 CK-6 Swoops

IRA:

o Class 1 Hyperdrive

 Cargo

• 24 months of supplies for 150 medical personnel: 365 * 2 * 150 * 0.01 = 1,095t

• state of the art medical station, including medical supplies for 1 year: (remaining cargo) 4,830t

• 75 Republic Militia

• 920 Crew

o Class 1 Hyperdrive

 Cargo

• 75 Republic Militia

• 920 Crew

o Cargo

 1st Standard Legion

I would advise going into the topic of jamming, distance, and cohesion.

Sil, the Vindicator is somewhere in republic space right now, the Benevolence is at Voss, loaded with the 3rd IRA Legion.

Also, take the Nebulon-Bs out of there, they're way beyond reach of anything other than themselves.

And you still have two unanswered PMs. One sent 27h ago and one 9h ago.

Sil, the Vindicator is somewhere in republic space right now, the Benevolence is at Voss, loaded with the 3rd IRA Legion.

Also, take the Nebulon-Bs out of there, they're way beyond reach of anything other than themselves.

And you still have two unanswered PMs. One sent 27h ago and one 9h ago.

Yeah... I hadn't updated Voss with the recent Agenda's yet. :o :o :o

Able to respond or not, I was for the most part trying to show what is near Voss.

GI:

- 4 Ardent

- 400 IF-11s

- 4 Imp II frigates

- 7 Stealth Ships

- 2 ASAM

- 280TIE Phantom

- 200 TIE Defenders

- 14 DP20

- 4 Stealth Ship

- 295 Skipray

- 1 Master-class

o 4,000 Droidekas

o 24,000 Stormtroopers

o 10 Voss Mystics

o 3000 Spacetroopers

o 1500 Chameleon Droids

o 1000 Commando Droids

o 512 Scout Troopers

o 512 Jumptroopers

o 384 Marines

o 200 Medics

o 80 LAAT/i

OK:

- 4 Acclamators

- 40 DP20s

- 1000 Bes'uliiks

o 1,280 CK-6 Swoops

IRA:

o Class 1 Hyperdrive

 Cargo

• 75 Republic Militia

• 920 Crew

o Class 1 Hyperdrive

 Cargo

• 75 Republic Militia

• 920 Crew

o Cargo

 1st Standard Legion

I would advise going into the topics of jamming, distance, and cohesion.

1. Distance: Given the fact that the MW is trying to fire the missiles without getting hit by long range weaponry or get caught in an interdictor field means that they will be far from the planet and the forces they are engaging. Missiles and like projectiles could easily be targeted and destroyed or run out of fuel and stall.

2. Cohesion: Current behind the scenes PM's are indicating a vast increase in positive feeling between the three factions (at least between the GI and the other two).

3. Jamming: Could possibly take out the missile targeting systems, but other than that I can't say much. Unless a couple of Enigmas cloak and fly into the MW fleet and activate jammers.

Dont want to be annoying, but I think that this is important.

Also I think that the Enigmas' advanced jamming should be very effective against the missiles.

All depends on the type of missiles used.

Hyperspace missiles would be slowed down by interdictor fields.

If the missiles are intelligent (lock-on, heat-seeking, remote control, etc.) then jamming would be useful in some ways, but standard stupid missiles that just fly in the direction they were shot at would not be hindered by that.

It would be helpful, if we could get the number of ships and especially of missiles fired by the MW.

It is in essence nearly the MW's entire armada, meaning that the missiles fired would be in the hundreds if not thousands.

Let me see if I can find where I put the exact numbers...