The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

Going to have to stop you right there on that ramming into the Tector strategy. As it stands that has an extremely low chance of success, so much so that it is almost useless to attempt. Main factors that play into this:

- 5 Star Destroyers with all long range fire

- To ram a Tector, would have to bypass the picket ships as well

- Can't jump into it due to interdiction

- Krovna did much research, data mining, and recon on the MW forces, if nothing else, this might be expected

The rest of the fleet getting away is certainly a possibility, but going to want as many reasons why as you can think of, to decisively tip the scales I mean.

Meant the Immobilizer, my mistake.

Also I would remind folks that a Providence managed to not only survive the internal damage of losing its gravity and still managed to survive (at least a rather large chunk did) reentry through Coruscant's atmosphere without shields. It is just a lot of ship to chew through... Now would it be able to fire back at the Imperial very long? No. Would it have shields very long? Probably not... Would enough of the ship be left hurtling through space at the immobilizer by the time it reaches it? Yeah...

Also, this is entirely opposite to anything the MW has shown so far, because up to now they've never been faced with an issue like this. She knows **** about how the MW will react. Also I draw the line at " research, data mining, and recon on the MW forces". I discussed with you her fleet and never once was anything brought up that could achieve this. She is a pirate, a good one no doubt, but she is hardly a god.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue with that, is that they have MORE than enough firepower to do both. I mean, the Immobilizer is most likely to be near the 5 Star Destroyers, while the Picket ships form a battle line with the star destroyers acting as artillery and command center basically. That said, they could mask the Immobilizer using the picket ships since outwardly, they look almost the exact same.

Side Note: I am pretty sure the Immobilizer can also out pace the damaged Providence if it really gets that far. :p I mean, this is a full sized fleet here, I find the chances of the Providence crossing the entire gap while being pummeled from afar and still being able to destroy the Immobilizer a high improbability.

No Sil, unless you are seriously overestimating the ability of this fleet you've built...

Yes it has a lot of firepower. Can it level a SD-sized ship to dust quickly? Nope, not if it wants to pursue.

Also the MW fleet can easily outpace all the Imperial ships aside from the Lancers... are you telling me Lancers will win this for them? :p The MW, with the heads up it got will easily escape.

Again, I will say, having discussed it with you beforehand I know its abilities inside and out. It is not capable of seizing my fleet.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Meant the Immobilizer, my mistake.

Also I would remind folks that a Providence managed to not only survive the internal damage of losing its gravity and still managed to survive (at least a rather large chunk did) reentry through Coruscant's atmosphere without shields. It is just a lot of ship to chew through... Now would it be able to fire back at the Imperial very long? No. Would it have shields very long? Probably not... Would enough of the ship be left hurtling through space at the immobilizer by the time it reaches it? Yeah...

Also, this is entirely opposite to anything the MW has shown so far, because up to now they've never been faced with an issue like this. She knows **** about how the MW will react. Also I draw the line at " research, data mining, and recon on the MW forces". I discussed with you her fleet and never once was anything brought up that could achieve this. She is a pirate, a good one no doubt, but she is hardly a god.

Star... She isn't a pirate... O.O

I HIGHLY suggest you go find those PM's and read them again. In NONE of Krovna's iterations has she been anything but an Imperial Inquisitor... Her entire shtick is sabotage, agility, and long range pounding... I mean, you more than anyone should know how easily she could pull any of this off given even the small bits you learned of her.

No Sil, unless you are seriously overestimating the ability of this fleet you've built...

Yes it has a lot of firepower. Can it level a SD-sized ship to dust quickly? Nope, not if it wants to pursue.

Also the MW fleet can easily outpace all the Imperial ships aside from the Lancers... are you telling me Lancers will win this for them? :p The MW, with the heads up it got will easily escape.

Again, I will say, having discussed it with you beforehand I know its abilities inside and out. It is not capable of seizing my fleet.

Except they do not have to reduce it to dust silly. Merely disable the engines, which would be childs play with the ships she has at her disposal. The Enforcer's are already noted to be fast for their size, and they got further upgrades for the engines as well, making them quite good at giving chase or flanking.

Unless the MW ships have some engine/speed upgrades, only the corvettes/fighters/bombers are quick enough to escape without being engaged unless they try their luck in uncharted regions of space, which has its own perils as we all know.

The part that lends heavily to why I think the Providence won't even get to regular turbolaser range of the Star Destroyers, is the sheer amount of long range firepower is easily enough to at least disable the Providence if not cause multiple vacuums. That said, it isn't falling into a planets atmosphere this time. :D

Though, if the Interdiction field is setup right at the Star Destroyers in the back that blocks the Corellian Run, how will they get out given the limited jump options from this location? I am sure there is some way for the MW to escape, but simply throwing a Providence to soak fire and trying to jump out I do not believe will work all things considered.

Edited by Silenceo

Star... She isn't a pirate... O.O

I HIGHLY suggest you go find those PM's and read them again. In NONE of Krovna's iterations has she been anything but an Imperial Inquisitor... Her entire shtick is sabotage, agility, and long range pounding... I mean, you more than anyone should know how easily she could pull any of this off given even the small bits you learned of her.

I do know of her. And the fact is, she honestly should never have been interested nor should she have know about this place at all. It managed a single, mildly successful raid on CIS shipping that left so survivors to even suggest the MW had anything to do with it. Not only that, the fleet took precautions to keep the location secret by returning via an unorthodox route.

But since you obviously don't feel that way, I won't contest that. What I will contest is your ridiculous presumptions that her fleet (which I help you make) is somehow capable of what you claim. It is not.

Except they do not have to reduce it to dust silly. Merely disable the engines, which would be childs play with the ships she has at her disposal. The Enforcer's are already noted to be fast for their size, and they got further upgrades for the engines as well, making them quite good at giving chase or flanking.

Unless the MW ships have some engine/speed upgrades, only the corvettes/fighters/bombers are quick enough to escape without being engaged unless they try their luck in uncharted regions of space, which has its own perils as we all know.

The part that lends heavily to why I think the Providence won't even get to regular turbolaser range of the Star Destroyers, is the sheer amount of long range firepower is easily enough to at least disable the Providence if not cause multiple vacuums. That said, it isn't following into a planets atmosphere this time. :D

Though, if the Interdiction field is setup right at the Star Destroyers in the back that blocks the Corellian Run, how will they get out given the limited jump options from this location? I am sure there is some way for the MW to escape, but simply throwing a Providence to soak fire and trying to jump out I do not believe will work all things considered.

Disable the engines? Silly Sil... an object in motion... And unless they want to depower the immobilizer it won't get out of the way fast enough...

Jehavey'irs are Fast-attack ships propelled by five large engines meant to close quickly and are therefore rather quick, and remember they aren't very big themselves (as you have expressed before). And the Strike-class is State of the Art so it will inevitably have better engines.

But as I;ve said this only adds to the fact that the Providence will serve as enough of a distraction to avoid her.

Also, they're at the edge of the galaxy Sil, there are nothing but escape options. They'll jump system to system and avoid populated worlds. It is not as if the Imperials can patrol the whole Outer Rim...

I do know of her. And the fact is, she honestly should never have been interested nor should she have know about this place at all. It managed a single, mildly successful raid on CIS shipping that left so survivors to even suggest the MW had anything to do with it. Not only that, the fleet took precautions to keep the location secret by returning via an unorthodox route.

But since you obviously don't feel that way, I won't contest that. What I will contest is your ridiculous presumptions that her fleet (which I help you make) is somehow capable of what you claim. It is not.

Except as I have said, it does not need to be dusted, since it would fracture and split apart long before it got in range to ram.

As for how she found it, to be honest it is quite convoluted with many twists, turns, and unexpected finds. Do recall that she venomously hates Mandalorians due to what they did to her family, it was one of the defining traits that described her.

They were also last noted to be routing out trouble makers, raiders, rebels, and ect within CIS space in order to strengthen the CIS offensive.

As for helping make it, that is only really for the Enforcers over another ship I believe, the rest was already basically in place if I recall.

To leave off on the note that started it, there were multiple clues that the fleet left unintentionally, and not just at the site of the destroyed convoy. Krovna tracked down many hints, rumors, ghosts, and all sorts of things to get accurate information. From there it was merely a matter of the process of elimination, distance vs profit ratio's, and other such things.

Disable the engines? Silly Sil... an object in motion... And unless they want to depower the immobilizer it won't get out of the way fast enough...

Jehavey'irs are Fast-attack ships propelled by five large engines meant to close quickly and are therefore rather quick, and remember they aren't very big themselves (as you have expressed before). And the Strike-class is State of the Art so it will inevitably have better engines.

But as I;ve said this only adds to the fact that the Providence will serve as enough of a distraction to avoid her.

Also, they're at the edge of the galaxy Sil, there are nothing but escape options. They'll jump system to system and avoid populated worlds. It is not as if the Imperials can patrol the whole Outer Rim...

... Star... How far do you think Krovna's fleet will be? I honestly want to know because I think we are imagining completely different things...

As for the Assault Ships, they are certain fast, and more likely to escape than the Strikes, they still have to get past Krovna's Brawlers to get out via the Corellian Run.

They do not need to patrol the entire outer rim however, as there are very specific reasons why the portions of the galaxy that are unmapped are so. The unknown regions are an example. Lack of star charts. Astronomical dangers such as black holes, stars not logged, and ect. If it was so easy to jump in a random direction there wouldn't be so many reports of ships being lost that way. That said, they could still escape that way, but that they would have to plan it carefully.

How I see it playing out:

1. Krovna has the fleet drop out of hyperspace at the max range of the five star destroyers

2. Sets up the interdiction field blocking off the Corellian Run

3. Bombard the MW ships from afar

4. ???

5. Profit

The only way to escape via the only safe hyperspace route requires the destruction of the Immobilizer. Other routes are fraught with danger and risk due to lack of star charts and previously used routes. The five Star Destroyers all have long range, all of their weapons were converted to such, which is quite a strong arm at range. Nor are Providence known for their durability, other than being able to fall into atmosphere spectacularly. :D

Now, with that all said, what effect would the destruction of the station have on the fleet or the crew's mental state?

Side Note: As for object in motion, course would be changed once the ship fractures, with basically nothing remaining on course. Also, if the engines are disabled, it would be slowed by incoming fire. Nor do I recall Immobilizers being 100% immobile when using their generators except in EaW, which even if that was used, would take about 10 seconds of movement to fix. With all that said, it DOES take time to get them up and running. Meaning it is a race out of Naos II's gravity well against the speed of the domes powering up, in which case the Assault ships, Corvettes, Fighters, and Bombers are very likely to get away.

Edited by Silenceo

Another question is kind of how close were those ships to the station, the station exploding ALONE could have damaged several vessels near by depending on the strength of the explosion.

But ya if he can manage to destroy the 1 interdictor he will be safe. I also dont see why Mando's wouldnt get ballsy and try to escape through the more dangerous routes, though that could result in losing nearly as many.

Except as I have said, it does not need to be dusted, since it would fracture and split apart long before it got in range to ram.

As for how she found it, to be honest it is quite convoluted with many twists, turns, and unexpected finds. Do recall that she venomously hates Mandalorians due to what they did to her family, it was one of the defining traits that described her.

They were also last noted to be routing out trouble makers, raiders, rebels, and ect within CIS space in order to strengthen the CIS offensive.

As for helping make it, that is only really for the Enforcers over another ship I believe, the rest was already basically in place if I recall.

To leave off on the note that started it, there were multiple clues that the fleet left unintentionally, and not just at the site of the destroyed convoy. Krovna tracked down many hints, rumors, ghosts, and all sorts of things to get accurate information. From there it was merely a matter of the process of elimination, distance vs profit ratio's, and other such things.

Except, as I said before, it does need to be dusted or your Immobilizer will become dust. You can't change the way the SW universe works because you don't like it. The Immobilizer's weakness is its lack of speed when the gravity well generators are online.

Not to mention the generators take time to activate, and she didn't catch the MW by surprise, so the fleet would have been prepared for action in time to recognize the immobilizer and leave before the generators started.

As for how she found the MW... you planned it from the time I captured Naos III. The fact you custom made a character that hates Mandos and placed her with a massive fleet hunting pirates in CIS space (right near my planet) is more than a little convenient. So bull crap she didn't find it, you just said "well, time for her to find the MW" and made it happen. A lot of things aren't your doing but this was entirely planned. I put up with it, until you started suggesting that she'd somehow wipe out portions of my fleet in a way she'd definitely not be able to...

Except, as I said before, it does need to be dusted or your Immobilizer will become dust. You can't change the way the SW universe works because you don't like it. The Immobilizer's weakness is its lack of speed when the gravity well generators are online.

Not to mention the generators take time to activate, and she didn't catch the MW by surprise, so the fleet would have been prepared for action in time to recognize the immobilizer and leave before the generators started.

As for how she found the MW... you planned it from the time I captured Naos III. The fact you custom made a character that hates Mandos and placed her with a massive fleet hunting pirates in CIS space (right near my planet) is more than a little convenient. So bull crap she didn't find it, you just said "well, time for her to find the MW" and made it happen. A lot of things aren't your doing but this was entirely planned. I put up with it, until you started suggesting that she'd somehow wipe out portions of my fleet in a way she'd definitely not be able to...

Except if it was THAT simple Star, it would be done whenever a ship was about to be destroyed, yet it almost never is... It isn't so simple to just ram another ship when out numbered and out ranged... Heck, all that would need to be done is blast the bridge and creep to the side as it slowly drifts forward.

Actually Krovna was originally planned to NEVER find Naos II, but clues were left... That said, she first showed herself at the northern edge of CIS territory if I recall and had been sent out long before the MW were even really an issue for the CIS. As I said before though, it was not simply, 'it is time she found the MW' it was more of a *well, she has found quite a few clues as to a pirate fleet around here, and it indicates this sector of space*.

Back to the Immobilizer, if all it took was a ship with a little meat to it trying to ram them, the Rebels wouldn't of had such issues with the things...

... Star... How far do you think Krovna's fleet will be? I honestly want to know because I think we are imagining completely different things...

As for the Assault Ships, they are certain fast, and more likely to escape than the Strikes, they still have to get past Krovna's Brawlers to get out via the Corellian Run.

They do not need to patrol the entire outer rim however, as there are very specific reasons why the portions of the galaxy that are unmapped are so. The unknown regions are an example. Lack of star charts. Astronomical dangers such as black holes, stars not logged, and ect. If it was so easy to jump in a random direction there wouldn't be so many reports of ships being lost that way. That said, they could still escape that way, but that they would have to plan it carefully.

How I see it playing out:

1. Krovna has the fleet drop out of hyperspace at the max range of the five star destroyers

2. Sets up the interdiction field blocking off the Corellian Run

3. Bombard the MW ships from afar

4. ???

5. Profit

The only way to escape via the only safe hyperspace route requires the destruction of the Immobilizer. Other routes are fraught with danger and risk due to lack of star charts and previously used routes. The five Star Destroyers all have long range, all of their weapons were converted to such, which is quite a strong arm at range. Nor are Providence known for their durability, other than being able to fall into atmosphere spectacularly. :D

Now, with that all said, what effect would the destruction of the station have on the fleet or the crew's mental state?

Side Note: As for object in motion, course would be changed once the ship fractures, with basically nothing remaining on course. Also, if the engines are disabled, it would be slowed by incoming fire. Nor do I recall Immobilizers being 100% immobile when using their generators except in EaW, which even if that was used, would take about 10 seconds of movement to fix. With all that said, it DOES take time to get them up and running. Meaning it is a race out of Naos II's gravity well against the speed of the domes powering up, in which case the Assault ships, Corvettes, Fighters, and Bombers are very likely to get away.

-If the SD's are at max range, that gives the MW fleet plenty of time to outrun them and leave

-One interdictor can not block and entire hyperlane Sil. That is a mistake in reasoning for one.

-Yeah whatever, not enough to stop them...

-???

-What? How? The Brawler's failed...

Also at that distance the gravity well of the interdictor will not be close enough to the MW fleet to do anything. It doesn't shut the whole system down SIl... it makes a gravity well consistent with that of a planet. If the MW flees away from the Brawlers, they can jump to the edge of the system, then calculate a jump to a safer portion of the Corellian Run, and get out behind the Brawlers. Again, you overestimate the range of an interdictor immensely...

Also, the edge of the galaxy is still well charted... the Unknown regions are called that because they are unknown, but by the time of the MW, this area is no less charted, it just doesn't have much here. As you should know, the further from the galactic Core you get the thinner the concentration of stars and planets are. Also, the MW has been here for a while and has been sending scouts across the sector while avoiding use of the Corellian Run in order to not draw attention to Naos III. They have been using alternate routes Sil! Did you not realize that or something?

Fine Sil, if you think my whole fleet is toast and you won't listen to logical responses and instead are working to annoy me, I'll be done. Kill the fleet, I needed to downsize anyway.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Except if it was THAT simple Star, it would be done whenever a ship was about to be destroyed, yet it almost never is... It isn't so simple to just ram another ship when out numbered and out ranged... Heck, all that would need to be done is blast the bridge and creep to the side as it slowly drifts forward.

Actually Krovna was originally planned to NEVER find Naos II, but clues were left... That said, she first showed herself at the northern edge of CIS territory if I recall and had been sent out long before the MW were even really an issue for the CIS. As I said before though, it was not simply, 'it is time she found the MW' it was more of a *well, she has found quite a few clues as to a pirate fleet around here, and it indicates this sector of space*.

Back to the Immobilizer, if all it took was a ship with a little meat to it trying to ram them, the Rebels wouldn't of had such issues with the things...

You don't read a lot of New Republic era stuff or NJO stuff do you? Ramming the interdictor is almost a staple of their tactics to rid themselves of Immobilizers... Typically it is a game of chicken with the Immobilizer choking first and powering down to leave.

And you're assuming that your ships could disable, and destroy the Providence and pursue the MW fleet. Sorry, not possible.

Edited by StarSquirrel

-If the SD's are at max range, that gives the MW fleet plenty of time to outrun them and leave

-One interdictor can not block and entire hyperlane Sil. That is a mistake in reasoning for one.

-Yeah whatever, not enough to stop them...

-???

-What? How? The Brawler's failed...

Also at that distance the gravity well of the interdictor will not be close enough to the MW fleet to do anything. It doesn't shut the whole system down SIl... it makes a gravity well consistent with that of a planet. If the MW flees away from the Brawlers, they can jump to the edge of the system, then calculate a jump to a safer portion of the Corellian Run, and get out behind the Brawlers. Again, you overestimate the range of an interdictor immensely...

Also, the edge of the galaxy is still well charted... the Unknown regions are called that because they are unknown, but by the time of the MW, this area is no less charted, it just doesn't have much here. As you should know, the further from the galactic Core you get the thinner the concentration of stars and planets are. Also, the MW has been here for a while and has been sending scouts across the sector while avoiding use of the Corellian Run in order to not draw attention to Naos III. They have been using alternate routes Sil! Did you not realize that or something?

- A bit limited by exit routes

- It doesn't need to block the entire lane, or even the entire system. Merely the path that leads to the Corellian Run.

- Nor are the MW ships tough enough to all survive it...

- Even if 3/4 of the MW get away, their mission still succeeded.

I am well aware of the range of Interdictors, nor did I say the entire system. I am saying it will basically sit on the route that goes into the Corellian run and have its projectors up. This may not be as effective as putting the shadow on the MW ships themselves, but at the very least it forces them to go to great lengths to maneuver way off to the side of it. That helps just as much as is needed.

Alternate routes, yes, but according to the map all of them eventually funnel down the same way. To make use of other routes would of required hyperspace scouting or whatever it is called... Or if they are scarce enough and plotted enough, who is to say that Krovna's brawlers won't simply give chase?

So no, you're making this all up and you need to stop. Also, there have been no clues left around, nothing told or discovered you're making that crap up and it needs to stop. Either admit you planned this or call it off.

Star, I will say this one more time as simply as I can.

I am not making it up.

It was not hand waved.

There were clues.

Series of Events.

Chain Reaction.

Not Planned.

Simply because you do not see the cause nor can I give out the classified details, does not mean it was fabricated. If that was the case, everything ever involving anyone's Intelligence Agency could be called as such.

I will say only sending 1 Interdictor does seem a bit off. If there is only 1 it is very possible at least a strike class or one of the other ships will slip through, but it wont be huge, the big issue is the tactical difference in that regard.

I will say only sending 1 Interdictor does seem a bit off. If there is only 1 it is very possible at least a strike class or one of the other ships will slip through, but it wont be huge, the big issue is the tactical difference in that regard.

Actually just double checked Krovna's stats and it is actually Rank 6 tactics, not Rank 5. :eek: (That said, her combat skills are... weak... for an Inquisitor.)

Well, hopefully the troops we have on the ground will be enough for what ever the hell is coming our way.

Ground troops am not worried about my fleet is whats in trouble but my fleet was going to Druchwell to meet up with the MW Fleet that was just attacked to see of they could be of any assistance but didn't send my update in time. Second time this happened just wished it happened on the second day.Wait is cheat PC still on my Planet?Also Marcus would leave when he can't contact Miles.

Edited by Jarons

Ground troops am not worried about my fleet is but my fleet was goimg to Druchwell to meet up with the MW Fleet that was just attacked but didn't send my update in time. Second time this happened just wished it happened on the second day.Wait is cheat PC still on my Planet?Also Marcus would leave when he can't contact Miles.

If they are on the planet, then again the ground forces got this, I think. I can try to send my fleet soon, but its like a week away at the very least.

Hey guys I know the MW has been a great Ally and all but what I have on the ground is all you're getting for now.

I think that works out to about 48 Mando Cabure and 50 Cabure Scouts + Tor... I don't have the resources nor the focus to help out as I'm currently locked in a battle with Sil about what I'm actually able to do...

The MW is just tapped out right now...

Oh and Sil I forgot to add that Ajuur I captured to the list of ships in the MW 1st...

Edited by StarSquirrel

Hey guys I know the MW has been a great Ally and all but what I have on the ground is all you're getting for now.

I think that works out to about 48 Mando Cabure and 50 Cabure Scouts + Tor... I don't have the resources nor the focus to help out as I'm currently locked in a battle with Sil about what I'm actually able to do...

The MW is just tapped out right now...

Oh and Sil I forgot to add that Ajuur I captured to the list of ships in the MW 1st...

Its cool, we are already kind of seeing the chaos you are dealing with. You deal with you, we got this, I hope....