curtain has fallen for 3.1.2

MusicRider

With the curtain now fallen for 3.1.2 it has been fairly disappointing to see unnecessary changes and no communication in the feedback request thread. The fact that there was no change or acknowledgement leaves someone wonder whether these threads were mere marketing tick boxes and nothing more. It was also fairly disappointing to see development time spent on things that needed no or minimal touch. Specifically TK/Ling all that was needed was the change to storm as it came and just a slight buff to their single target dps to compensate for the loss; easily achieved by buffing flash. Rest of the time could have been spent to fixing madness or some other troubled classes like marauders. Everybody has raised concerns on where these changes leave dps sorcerers and the first evidence are fairly discouraging, neither of their dps specs are top tier anymore. And without reverting these changes there seems to be no easy or quick solution either. I guess this is 1.2 all over again for this class.

I am afraid there is no chance... Too much time spent developing and testing these changes that reverting them will only demonstrate bad design and waste of development time. That would not reflect well for some people ;). Changes will go live as they are.

I still hope the next patchnotes will just not include the single target nerfs.

I understand that they want burst specs to be the lowest dps compared to dot specs. But the buff to balance/madness was a joke, it is still lower then even the nerfed TK/FL and way out of what is needed for HM progression.

They may have plans to make it viable again, but in between we get forced to either go Aim or ranged Cunning. This is a terrible way of fixing things.

I'm not the best player in progression but i put a lot of effort into my sage to be good for the team. With real life, i don't have the time to constantly learn new classes. I allready had to do it once after 3.0. This will really take the fun from me.

Edited by IkarusXY

With the curtain now fallen for 3.1.2 it has been fairly disappointing to see unnecessary changes and no communication in the feedback request thread. The fact that there was no change or acknowledgement leaves someone wonder whether these threads were mere marketing tick boxes and nothing more. It was also fairly disappointing to see development time spent on things that needed no or minimal touch. Specifically TK/Ling all that was needed was the change to storm as it came and just a slight buff to their single target dps to compensate for the loss; easily achieved by buffing flash. Rest of the time could have been spent to fixing madness or some other troubled classes like marauders. Everybody has raised concerns on where these changes leave dps sorcerers and the first evidence are fairly discouraging, neither of their dps specs are top tier anymore. And without reverting these changes there seems to be no easy or quick solution either. I guess this is 1.2 all over again for this class.

Sweet tears of misery... Keep them coming. I will bathe in them with whiskey and coke when the patch comes out....

Sweet tears of misery... Keep them coming. I will bathe in them with whiskey and coke when the patch comes out....

LOL. I think you take a game too seriously. And no you won't bath in anything for the same reasons you don't at the moment.

I can't speak to PvE. For PvP Lightning will be largely mitigated to a reg warzone spec. Madness should do perfectly fine in warzones still and should be mid-tier for Solo Ranked or Group Ranked. Corruption will still be fine in all formats.

Normally I don't take pleasure in things like this, but when you find out that the Sorc changes did almost nothing to stop a good Sorc from rolling over folks, I will giggle my head off.

Normally I don't take pleasure in things like this, but when you find out that the Sorc changes did almost nothing to stop a good Sorc from rolling over folks, I will giggle my head off.

I really hope it's going to be viable for PvP still, but it sure as hell is significantly less viable for HM raiding than before because of the current DPS requirement for last two bosses. Raid groups would like to have more efficient classes after the patch. I wish they'd just implement separated PvP/PvE specs or tunes for skills.

I can't speak to PvE. For PvP Lightning will be largely mitigated to a reg warzone spec. Madness should do perfectly fine in warzones still and should be mid-tier for Solo Ranked or Group Ranked. Corruption will still be fine in all formats.

I really hope it's going to be viable for PvP still, but it sure as hell is significantly less viable for HM raiding than before because of the current DPS requirement for last two bosses. Raid groups would like to have more efficient classes after the patch. I wish they'd just implement separated PvP/PvE specs or tunes for skills.

For PvP it will still be viable, just not as shiny as it used to be. In fact its burst has increased by as much as is the increase of flash. What has dropped is the sustained and hence overall dps in long run fights along with the aoe damage. Another thing that has been reduced is the mobility as flash is now on a longer cool down. The impact is more severe on pve than on pvp.

I agree with the nerf to force storm, it is silly to have an AOE ability being apart of a single target rotation, fine.

Why nerf single target damage in a primarily burst spec though? Other classes do just as much if not more damage (with less RNG reliant procs).

It just seems like balance is always focused on PVP and classes PVE performance suffers because of that.

This all the way.

Lightening'a high parsing number were reliant on FS imho which masked the fact that it's single target isn't that good. That's ok as a burst spec as long as single target isn't nerfed and should be slightly buffed in my opinion. But the major issue I see is that the sustained class, in this case Madness, which is usually the one taken for endgame PVE is in no way competive then that is a problem. Same is true for Pyro for PT now.

Edited by FerkWork

Well, even if Lightning was nerfed into the ground completely (and the nerfs are pretty hard) Sorcs would still have two top-tier specs. As a class, it's still in a strong spot, and Lightning itself isn't even as in as bad a place as pre-3.0 when it was almost completely immobile.

Also, I have to giggle at Madness receiving a buff that will be completely underwhelming in PvE while upping even more one of its main PvP strengths.

Edited by MiaowZedong

Actually it's gonna be 1.2 all over again , balance is in the worst shape possible in min-max gear PvP wise , dots do less dmg , force in balance hits lower numbers than it ever did and 1/3 chances to actually crit , now they are destroying Lightning/Tk build because of the uneducated QQ of the children roaming these boards im done with this class I had enuff im going for the FOTM for now.

Actually it's gonna be 1.2 all over again , balance is in the worst shape possible in min-max gear PvP wise , dots do less dmg , force in balance hits lower numbers than it ever did and 1/3 chances to actually crit , now they are destroying Lightning/Tk build because of the uneducated QQ of the children roaming these boards im done with this class I had enuff im going for the FOTM for now.

Please, I make top dmg in Regs with Madness and insane heals with alacrity. Madness is buffed further with +15% dmg on stacks.

This all the way.

Lightening'a high parsing number were reliant on FS imho which masked the fact that it's single target isn't that good. That's ok as a burst spec as long as single target isn't nerfed and should be slightly buffed in my opinion. But the major issue I see is that the sustained class, in this case Madness, which is usually the one taken for endgame PVE is in no way competive then that is a problem. Same is true for Pyro for PT now.

What complete rubbish, could parse 4.8k without touching storm, storm is only useful for single target after you have used 1 stack potency and have 1 left.

What complete rubbish, could parse 4.8k without touching storm, storm is only useful for single target after you have used 1 stack potency and have 1 left.

Well your statement is complete utter rubbish.

That's nice dear but I don't think anyone cares

Edit: Looked at your posts, how's the FOTM life treating you Ex-Mara?

Edited by FerkWork

Well your statement is complete utter rubbish.

That's nice dear but I don't think anyone cares

Edit: Looked at your posts, how's the FOTM life treating you Ex-Mara?

He was right about how to use storm with single target dps. Please, do not degrade our beautiful lightning sorcs by continuously using force storm on operation single target bosses. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruskaeth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.