The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Season 4 Reward Blog Discussion Thread

AlexModny

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two bits of feedback, show pictures of the dang rewards, and make the rewards table image click-able to show a larger version so you can read the dang thing.

The crystal change can be a double edged sword, it might get rid of some players that really shouldn't do ranked, but it could also discourage solo players from even trying, making queues worse, I guess only time will tell.

• Dev Post
My two bits of feedback, show pictures of the dang rewards, and make the rewards table image click-able to show a larger version so you can read the dang thing.

The crystal change can be a double edged sword, it might get rid of some players that really shouldn't do ranked, but it could also discourage solo players from even trying, making queues worse, I guess only time will tell.

Mr. Tait is working on the table image right now, should be updated Soon™

For the future, do you care about seeing the titles and trophy decorations in-game or are you just wanting to see the color crystals?

We went back-and-forth discussing the pros and cons of this change. It may be enough that there is a floor rating now or it might be discovered that behavior doesn't change at all despite these changes, who knows! But whatever shakes out we will take a look at the numbers, get y'alls feedback and incorporate into the reward structure for future seasons.

1350 rating just to get the color crystals is patently unfair. What are they thinking?

The vast majority of players will be in the bronze bracket for a variety of well documented reasons. Are they saying these are all trolls who don't deserve a decent reward?

The rationale here is an incredible slap in the face for people who don't have hours on hours to try and grind rating. Some play for fun, when we can, and solo queue is incredibly frustrating for all that. Which BW would know if they played their own game.

Why not give the group queue both crystal sets if they want to incentivize grouped.

Need I remind, Ranked PVP is the ONLY reason to be a subscriber? This decision needs to be turned on its head immediately. This will be /unsub for me.

We added a larger size image that pop ups when you click it now! Parts of the table didn't scale down legibly when we applied our web image size template.

Keep in mind that the leaderboard shows players after their first match but you need 10 matches for the rewards.

Ok, you are correct. I have another character that has run one match and I see him on the leaderboards. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

P.S. I actually feel a bit sorry for BW in this. There is no winning: make the reward tiers too low, people complain and you see a mass influx of people who care nothing about winning the match and only want the rewards. If they make the tiers require a higher rating, people complain that the rewards are unachievable. Overall, I think this was the right move. Giving away the crystal as a participation ribbon was downright awful last season in terms of players queuing up that effectively amounted to trolling ranked (whether the players intended to troll or not).

Edited by teclado

Swashbuckling Weapon Set Lockbox

If I reach 1350+ rating for my Operative I get all weapons or only rifle?

Last season it was a weapons lockbox with each weapon in it. Including offhand blaster and saber. I would imagine it will be the same this season.

Cross server and mixed faction should be required before another season comes. Almost everyone above 1600 with 50+ matches played is on voice chat and q'n at the same time on my server. I know this for a fact since they even told me as much.

There is no such thing as yolo ranked. It is easy to switch factions based on the q pop and q at the same time. This is the reality of yolo.

There are a few who got over 1600 (like me) without doing this but from talking to the people who q ranked on my server these people are few and far between. It is so common that everyone I know doesn't even see a problem with it.

If you aren't doing x server then at least make the rewards around 1500. Then more of these people may actually yolo to it.

Of course if you do add x server then 1700+ would be a fair level for t1

Edited by DarthRaika

Just wanted to say that I think it's a great move making the crystals only available through group ranked for the lowest tier. I might actually be able to persuade some people to get a group together now :) But I have to echo the concerns of some other people in here about the reward ratings required for tiers. I'm not sure why the rating are increasing tbh especially when this season is balanced so strongly in favour of a very small number of specs. I would love to play my Sent in ranked but I'm not feeling very motivated when I consider the current state of balance and the increasing tier ratings.

• Dev Post
Can we swap the tier 1 and top 3 AC titles?

*name*, the Infamous Shadow

vs

*name*, the Dread Shadow

Infamous makes more sense imo.

The Top 3 AC title is actually (using your example) "The Dread Shadow *name*", which makes it much more unique and desirable for dashing swashbucklers we feel. What do y'all think?

Thank you Alex for reminding me why I canceled my sub. You can take time to answer easy question but you can't answer the important ones. Answers to question you guys promised before the end of last year. You guys claim you have "better than cross server" coming "soon" to fix pvp queue and yet here is another season gone by that queues aren't popping. I'm lucky to get 4 queue pops in hours.