New combat changes are up 3/13/15

Lanzend

Force storm was fine before, now the damage and snare effect is gone? Did anyone actually sit there and stand I side of it? Are we balancing the game around stupid people that can't run away from a red circle?

Nice new buff to powertechs, +5% healing from kolto overload to 40%.

great now a 3 second channel instead of 6. now they can spam it even more in reg matches. the dmg nerf was warranted, but it could of kept the snare. is this a nerf? because unless the damage was reduced by over 50% you can cast 2 forcestorms in the same window at the same cost. :mad:

Fixed a bug that caused Convection to prevent interrupts from Mind Snap and Force Kick.

oh look a major bug not fixed until 4 months later. takes them 1/3rd of a year to fix such a simple bug.

Edited by Ursus-SUON

Kolto Overload now triggers when your health is reduced to 40% or less (up from 35%). Once triggered, Kolto Overload heals you up to 40% (up from 35%) of your max health for 8 seconds, but will not exceed 40% (up from 35%) of your max health.

Excellent change. Kolto Overload might actually become useful again.

Excellent change. Kolto Overload might actually become useful again.

They should remove that change...I HATE IT!

But this one is great!

Adrenaline Rush now triggers when your health is reduced to 40% or less (up from 35%). Once triggered, Adrenaline Rush heals you up to 40% (up from 35%) of your max health for 8 seconds, but will not exceed 40% (up from 35%) of your max health.
;)

I'm ok with the FS/FQ changes, but they really toasted single target DPS for TK/Lightning. I've never seen a nerf this heavy to a class that was not even OP. Sage/Sorc may go back to 1 or 2 per WZ. FS/FQ is/was OP when used with FP/Reckl and alac boost, but not single target. Oh well. I'm excited about my commando and merc though.

Is it really this complicated to nerf Hatred? Theres 50+ pages with excellent feedback (I know, BW doesn't understand that term) on how to nerf it without too much penalty to PvE. Edited by Jmenks

Is it really this complicated to nerf Hatred? Theres 50+ pages with excellent feedback (I know, BW doesn't understand that term) on how to nerf it without too much penalty to PvE.

Pt's need a nerf too, the recent nerf wasn't nearly enough, their burst is still absurd.

Pt's need a nerf too, the recent nerf wasn't nearly enough, their burst is still absurd.

Not really. They got nerfed correctly, and it still blows my mind that they nerfed PT before Hatred. PTs have great burst but they're damage is very predictable and you can slow them down. Very squishy as well, Hatred damage keeps on coming and essentially can't be stopped. They can basically accidentally kill someone in arenas, and there is no skill whatsoever playing it. All you need to play is grouped 4s and even yolos, go in and have no plan at all and still win. It's pretty laughable and more OP than anything that has been in this game IMO. 2x Hatred, PT tank is basically an "I Win" button.

Edited by Jmenks

great now a 3 second channel instead of 6. now they can spam it even more in reg matches. the dmg nerf was warranted, but it could of kept the snare. is this a nerf? because unless the damage was reduced by over 50% you can cast 2 forcestorms in the same window at the same cost.

What? How can you think this = more spamming? The only thing it means is that if you want to spam it nonstop, you have to re-position it twice as often. The only thing it does is require slightly more player effort. And of course the damage nerf and slow removal.

Oh and if you use it with reck, you only get 3 seconds of autocrits instead of 6. This was a good change.

Edited by Kakisback

FFS people STOP saying simply PT or VG, because only 1 discipline in it is op, plasmatech is suffering because of all this PT whining. Be specific!

FFS people STOP saying simply PT or VG, because only 1 discipline in it is op, plasmatech is suffering because of all this PT whining. Be specific!

Oh get over yourself. I see people complaining about "assassins" all the time, yet I know they're talking about Hatred and not Deception or Darkness unless stated so.

That said,

Nerf tactics and AP to the ground.

Oh get over yourself. I see people complaining about "assassins" all the time, yet I know they're talking about Hatred and not Deception or Darkness unless stated so.

That said,

Nerf tactics and AP to the ground.

BW obviously doesn't because otherwise we wouldn't be seeing MORE nerfs to plasmatech than we did for tactics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.