No more Unload/Full auto. we want a replacement.

stlin

with those 2 abilities gone, we as vanguards/powertechs want something else. you took away 1 of our key abilities, now we want something back for this!

And who is "we", may i ask? You also say that unload is key ability. I probably forgot which spec used it so much it got completely ruined now.

Edited by Frenesi

I agree they took away something's and they need and should replace them, its the right thing to do

Full Auto was in my rotation it was a great filler.... so whys the problem here, give us (A Person that plays a Vanguard ) something to replace the one you took away.

Skills should never be removed from a class unless it is so "op" that it unbalances the game. Agree with unloads removal now and when they remove a skill you do care about you can say nothing because you allowed that type of behavior in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the OP.

3.0 was a NIGHTMARE for every other class save the tanks. Taking away skills? Restricting people to one skill tree? C'mon. Then 3.1 shows up and NERFS POWERTECHS for no reason? Unload wasn't an OverPowered ability, it was like the only other ability besides hammer shot and rail shot that could stun normal goons and made use of the PT's blaster. Thanks to Bioware, my entire gameflow's messed up. And also, why does using Unload suddenly mean you suddenly don't know how to play/tank? I've been tanking quite well long before 3.0 thank you. It's such bullsh*t that they're REMOVING skills and not bothering to at the VERY LEAST give us new ones, especially in the case of Unload/Full Auto. I used Unload often in PvE, and not everyone cares about PvP Idk why they're catering to just that group.

Considering Unload added little to the DPS and did not benefit any other ability, I don't see why people want it in the rotation still. My DPS before removal on my PT tank was ~2000 now it's around the same.

I want Missile blast to be added into a rotation, the most underused ability :p

Ya see, my Bounty Hunter has this pistol he is supposed to shoot, but never does now. The thing is all customized with special looks and color crystals, but he just waves it around now and shoots all his attacks from this unseen wrist-thingy that pops out of his off-hand. Wrist-thingy has no crystal or special looks and you can't even modify it so I am thinking, well duh-oh, why doesn't the Bounty Hunter shoot Rail-Shot and some other attacks out of the gun like the Trooper does? Edited by Idaho-D

Ya see, my Bounty Hunter has this pistol he is supposed to shoot, but never does now. The thing is all customized with special looks and color crystals, but he just waves it around now and shoots all his attacks from this unseen wrist-thingy that pops out of his off-hand. Wrist-thingy has no crystal or special looks and you can't even modify it so I am thinking, well duh-oh, why doesn't the Bounty Hunter shoot Rail-Shot and some other attacks out of the gun like the Trooper does?

Even if you shot railshot from the weapon, or flame burst, or any other move for that matter, it wouldn't reflect your color crystal. As for seeing the pistol, it's always in your hand anyways. All these people qq'ing about not being able to see the color crystal and stuff must not have read the description of powertech when they class changed, as it stated that he uses his armor as a weapon.

I agree with the OP.

3.0 was a NIGHTMARE for every other class save the tanks. Taking away skills? Restricting people to one skill tree? C'mon. Then 3.1 shows up and NERFS POWERTECHS for no reason? Unload wasn't an OverPowered ability, it was like the only other ability besides hammer shot and rail shot that could stun normal goons and made use of the PT's blaster. Thanks to Bioware, my entire gameflow's messed up. And also, why does using Unload suddenly mean you suddenly don't know how to play/tank? I've been tanking quite well long before 3.0 thank you. It's such bullsh*t that they're REMOVING skills and not bothering to at the VERY LEAST give us new ones, especially in the case of Unload/Full Auto. I used Unload often in PvE, and not everyone cares about PvP Idk why they're catering to just that group.

I lol'd at this cause PT/VG doesn't use Unload in PvP. If anyone claims that Unload was a key element in PvP, then they need to reroll.

I lol'd at this cause PT/VG doesn't use Unload in PvP. If anyone claims that Unload was a key element in PvP, then they need to reroll.

It's not a key element of PvE either so it's essentially useless.

Edited by FerkWork

Pointless skill for pvp unless the enemy is running away with 5% health then yes worked a charm (especially for out of reach players) apart from that it was only used as an advantage for PT Tanks to gain decent damage over other tanks.

We are a melee class and have grapple as a gap filler so why would you need this skill? if you was using this skill during close combat then please stop playing the class :p.

Pt = Melee

Merc = Range

Edited by -Healius-

• 3 weeks later...

I lol'd at this because I NEVER once said I played PVP. I never use PT in PVP and I don't really care for PVP. The whole quote you took from me I was referring to unload's usefulness in PVE. It was a good keepaway and stun to use on the PvE goons and it wasn't like the move was godly overpowered. There was seriously no reason to remove it, but its still a loss of a tool in the arsenal, and at the least we deserve a replacement, or for the devs to revive the move.

Edited by Ninjen

We are a melee class and have grapple as a gap filler so why would you need this skill? if you was using this skill during close combat then please stop playing the class :p.

Pt = Melee

Merc = Range

Please tell this to the pt/van tanks I've been forced to group with. :( They see a gun... and the word "tank" and think they'll be fine with trying to range tank. Who cares if that melee dps over there is constantly ripping aggro? They should be watching their dps and stop trying to tank! Duh... meanwhile, I get the fun job of trying to keep the poor melee alive because the tank thinks they're fine as ranged.

I couldn't care less that they took away Unload/Full auto. Only time I've ever used it on my vanguard was when I was getting rid of a trash ranged mob. The world didn't end for me when it disappeared from my bar.

Should they have just removed a skill? I don't think it was a smart move... but they did it to my scoundrels flyby so... I've resigned myself to /shrug and move on. Chances of them offering up a new skill for PT/vanguards? I feel like its very low... If they do reinsert the skill with a "My bad!" or add a new skill (which I believe is highly unlikely) they'll also have to deal with other classes complaining about their skills, favoritism to the van/PT and/or complaints from the van/PT community about why they took it off in the first place/how the new skill isn't up to their expectations.

Edited by Abygale