The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

adaptive armor/weapon unbinder

Spikanor

this is a suggestion to get adaptive armor or weapons unbind that you can put then on your alts or sell it on the GTN's.

i know you can buy adaptive armor set's and parts in the central market and also weapons.

but at some point if you buy a lot off the packs and use the adaptive armor sets or parts that it gets boring or there are better sets or parts on the new packs all.

then you can only put then in the cargo bay or npc if you not wane use it more.

but if there was a adaptive armor/weapon unbinder in the central market then you can make it bound on equip again and sell it on the GTN.

then can adaptive armor/weapon be use again as a second hands item be use for a other player.

you can then also make a unbind item for only cantrel market craystal's then can you share it with a new alt or sell it on the GTN since you not need it more.

to remember again this is a suggestion and not a beg and whine topic that i have and maybe that nobody have think about it.

and not start flaming on this topic if you not like it then not post on it then.

this is a suggestion to get adaptive armor or weapons unbind that you can put then on your alts or sell it on the GTN's.

i know you can buy adaptive armor set's and parts in the central market and also weapons.

but at some point if you buy a lot off the packs and use the adaptive armor sets or parts that it gets boring or there are better sets or parts on the new packs all.

then you can only put then in the cargo bay or npc if you not wane use it more.

but if there was a adaptive armor/weapon unbinder in the central market then you can make it bound on equip again and sell it on the GTN.

then can adaptive armor/weapon be use again as a second hands item be use for a other player.

you can then also make a unbind item for only cantrel market craystal's then can you share it with a new alt or sell it on the GTN since you not need it more.

to remember again this is a suggestion and not a beg and whine topic that i have and maybe that nobody have think about it.

and not start flaming on this topic if you not like it then not post on it then.

I see no cause or reason to allow bound items to be unbound.

I would support adding an item that allowed the conversion of an empty orange shell and ONLY an empty orange shell to be converted from bound to character to bound to legacy.

This would allow for more variety in legacy gear, while remaining consistent with the already established "standards" that apply to legacy gear and also preventing possible abuse with regards to other types of bound to character items. All legacy gear is currently an empty orange shell when it is acquired.

The major problem I see with an "unbind-tool" would be that it can be easily abused to flood the GTN with rare stuff (wich would then quickly become "not so rare" stuff). Once you have an orange set complete and bound to one character, you can reproduce an infinite amount of them via the collection button on your inventory screen. These are bound to character, so can't make any profit with this. If you'd be able to "unbind" those items, chances are good that suddenly thousands of those items will be on sale on the GTN. Since I doubt the system can distinguish between cc-stuff bought directly from the cartel market with cartel coins, cc-stuff bought from the GTN with credits and cc-stuff reproduced via the collection window, you couldn't stop it from happening.

So, best thing they could do would be to have a "unbind and bind to legacy" feature... but hey, that's already there: it's called "collection". Just pay a small (or sometimes not so small) fee of cc, and you can reproduce that item on any of your toon as often as you like - always bound to that particular toon, but well, if you want to use it on that toon it doesn't matter, right?

Once you have an orange set complete and bound to one character, you can reproduce an infinite amount of them via the collection button on your inventory screen. These are bound to character, so can't make any profit with this. If you'd be able to "unbind" those items, chances are good that suddenly thousands of those items will be on sale on the GTN. Since I doubt the system can distinguish between cc-stuff bought directly from the cartel market with cartel coins, cc-stuff bought from the GTN with credits and cc-stuff reproduced via the collection window, you couldn't stop it from happening.

So, best thing they could do would be to have a "unbind and bind to legacy" feature... but hey, that's already there: it's called "collection". Just pay a small (or sometimes not so small) fee of cc, and you can reproduce that item on any of your toon as often as you like - always bound to that particular toon, but well, if you want to use it on that toon it doesn't matter, right?

i understand you problem with it.

and its true some type off armors have that option that you can copy it to your alts.

but some armor type's that are a empty are coming from packs only.

and lets tell a old player that has play the game from the start and has from the first pack that bioware has sold in the central market the adaptive armor and now we have the shadow off revan packs in the central market.

and that old players has almost from each pack that has come out a adaptive armor set now he cant use all off then.

if there are sets or parts he never use and it only stay's in the cargo hold then at some point you have plenty off that type stuff in you cargo hold and never will be use again.

with the unbind tool can players unbind there old adaptive armor and sell it on the central market and the point from is that there are type's off adaptive armor that are only rare in the GTN since there are not getting sold more in the central market.

then its better to sell adaptive armor's on the GTN that a other player can buy it and the armor piece can use again that is better then let it stay in the cargo holds or npc it.

and if you scroll back in the game on all the packs that have come have come out then you will see that there are plenty off adaptive armor have come out and have a chance with this unbind tool to get a second or more use to a other player.

The major problem I see with an "unbind-tool" would be that it can be easily abused to flood the GTN with rare stuff (wich would then quickly become "not so rare"stuff).

its true that the quickly become not so rare more if there are plenty selling it but thats a risk with the item.

but what is better. to have a rare item but you not use it more and it stays forever in the cargo hold? or have a rare item and its not more rare in the GTN and the item can be use again?

but what is then rare if nobody can buy it and the player that has it not use it more.

then its not more a rare item more.

and about rare items that is all in the GTN all.

if i get a item from my crew skill and i wane sell it and nobody els is selling it then is my item i wane sell and nobody els is selling also rare.

Edited by Spikanor

Basic economics says this a terrible idea for both players and BioWare.

Even the idea to bind them to legacy would be bad for BioWare economically. Unless the method for binding to legacy has the same ability to generate revenue for BioWare that the cost of the CC to unlock an item in collections for all characters on the account.

Basic economics says this a terrible idea for both players and BioWare.

Even the idea to bind them to legacy would be bad for BioWare economically. Unless the method for binding to legacy has the same ability to generate revenue for BioWare that the cost of the CC to unlock an item in collections for all characters on the account.

enplane then to me way is it a terrible idea for bioware then?

if a player like a type of adaptive armor set but not can buy it more since the pack is not more coming more in the central market and its not more on the GTN from there server what then has the player bad luck?

but there is also 1 problem with the legacy or char adaptive armor's.

most off the type armors set's are not more there are only coming from old packs that are never coming back.

and if a player like's a adaptive armor set from the old pack better looking then the new adaptive armor sets there are now selling in the packs is for each player there own choose.

and if there rotate the old packs in the central market each time like each 2 weeks then has the player that like's the type off armor from a pack a chance to get it and he will spent real money on it and that money go's to bioware that there can use maybe for other good things like fixing problems or new stuff.

and if there rotate it then the unbinder is no need more or there wane use it still.

the point from my first post is that old adaptive armor set's that are from old central market packs can be use again for other players that wane buy it from the GTN since there cant buy it more from the central market.

that means the player that have adaptive armors sets from old packs and not use it more can sell it on the GTN and make a other player happy about it.

This topic has been extensively discussed in other threads.

Here's what I said in another thread about this:

The OP's point is that he/she would buy more Cartel Market items if they were bind-to-legacy. The OP wants bind-to-legacy in order to avoid the augment slot addition costs and mod rip costs that come from multiple alts sharing mods in non-legacy bound gear.

Sure, Bioware would like to make more money from the CM. But Bioware also seems to be pretty responsible in terms of ensuring the game's economy is healthy. Augment slot addition costs and mod rip costs are a very important credit sink, and are undoubtedly necessary for the health of the game's economy.

Bioware would have to substitute one kind of credit sink for another, which might not meet the OP's requirements. In theory, Bioware could enable a CM item to be converted to bind-to-legacy by paying credits. The payment would need to be in credits, not Cartel Coins, in order to be an effective substitute credit sink. The credit fee would need to be rather high -- perhaps 50K credits per item.

enplane then to me way is it a terrible idea for bioware then?

if a player like a type of adaptive armor set but not can buy it more since the pack is not more coming more in the central market and its not more on the GTN from there server what then has the player bad luck?

but there is also 1 problem with the legacy or char adaptive armor's.

most off the type armors set's are not more there are only coming from old packs that are never coming back.

and if a player like's a adaptive armor set from the old pack better looking then the new adaptive armor sets there are now selling in the packs is for each player there own choose.

and if there rotate the old packs in the central market each time like each 2 weeks then has the player that like's the type off armor from a pack a chance to get it and he will spent real money on it and that money go's to bioware that there can use maybe for other good things like fixing problems or new stuff.

and if there rotate it then the unbinder is no need more or there wane use it still.

the point from my first post is that old adaptive armor set's that are from old central market packs can be use again for other players that wane buy it from the GTN since there cant buy it more from the central market.

that means the player that have adaptive armors sets from old packs and not use it more can sell it on the GTN and make a other player happy about it.

The value of an item in credits is determined by supply and demand. When supply becomes higher than demand, the item's value decreases. If any player can create an infinite supply of the item, then its value decreases with every copy made until it is worth nothing. At this point, you will struggle to even give away the item.

BioWare releases old CM Packs on the market from time to time to allow players access to those old packs for a chance at the items they contain that they may want. There are also players selling old packs and the rare item with high demand that those packs contained on the GTN.

If those items all become worthless because everyone who ever got one gains the ability to make copies and sell them the demand goes away and the supply only continues to rise. Players won't be able to sell them on the GTN at all and will just start deleting the items to free up inventory space for something they can sell or use. Bioware won't be able to sell the packs that contained the items either because the demand is gone.

Players lose credits and BioWare loses revenue. Nobody wins, everyone loses.

The value of an item in credits is determined by supply and demand. When supply becomes higher than demand, the item's value decreases. If any player can create an infinite supply of the item, then its value decreases with every copy made until it is worth nothing. At this point, you will struggle to even give away the item.

BioWare releases old CM Packs on the market from time to time to allow players access to those old packs for a chance at the items they contain that they may want. There are also players selling old packs and the rare item with high demand that those packs contained on the GTN.

If those items all become worthless because everyone who ever got one gains the ability to make copies and sell them the demand goes away and the supply only continues to rise. Players won't be able to sell them on the GTN at all and will just start deleting the items to free up inventory space for something they can sell or use. Bioware won't be able to sell the packs that contained the items either because the demand is gone.

Players lose credits and BioWare loses revenue. Nobody wins, everyone loses.

here are my answers.

thats in all game's and also in real live thats how the market works.

is that then the same with craften from items if i make plenty of 1 color crystal then put it on the GTN to sell it most i give it also a way no i wait for it and if other players wane buy it there buy it and if there are not wane buy it then not thats how the market works. sometimes you sell a item fast and sometimes you sell the item after 1 month or longer not that means not that you most give it away sine there are plenty from it.

when was the last time that bioware has add a old pack on the central market?

selling central market items on the GTN is a big risk sine only sub players can buy then and it can take maybe month's or longer to get it sold since most players like to buy it from the central market and not from the GTN.

thats the same with a crystal that you use if it has lower stats then a new crystal you npc it. but a adaptive armor piece can be use again with modifications.

that means new players never can use old items any more since the selling time from that pack is gone? and what if a new player like's a old item and its not more selling in the GTN and central market what then? is it the player fault then that he not play the game earlier?

players lose credits thats the risk from selling central market items on the GTN. and bioware can make money from it and use that money to fix the game better or for other things. if there chance the way there are doing now by rotate old packs then bioware make's money from it and the players get there item or items there wane have. and to come back again central market items are you own risk if you wane make in the game credits from it then do it but know the risk from it also. and if you need credits then farm you own craft materials and craft items and sell then thats how i make credits.

here are my answers.

thats in all game's and also in real live thats how the market works.

is that then the same with craften from items if i make plenty of 1 color crystal then put it on the GTN to sell it most i give it also a way no i wait for it and if other players wane buy it there buy it and if there are not wane buy it then not thats how the market works. sometimes you sell a item fast and sometimes you sell the item after 1 month or longer not that means not that you most give it away sine there are plenty from it.

If it cost you 5,000 credits in mats to make each of those crystals, would you sell them for 100 credits or even 1000 credits?

Most people wouldn't and I don't think you would either. Most people would stop making them as they would lose money making them. I'm betting that you would also.

Although, if you like throwing credits away, you can send them my way instead of just throwing them away.

when was the last time that bioware has add a old pack on the central market?

They do not put the old, embargoed packs up every week, but they do bring embargoed packs back now and then. This helps to maintain the value due to the rarity of the items contained in those packs.

If the packs were available all the time, or the items from those packs were available all the time via "unbinding" any bound items, it would drive the price for those items on the GTN down. This would drive sales of those packs down as the value of the items contained in those packs would be severely impacted at best, if not outright decimated. This would cost BW revenue as fewer people would be buying those packs.

selling central market items on the GTN is a big risk sine only sub players can buy then and it can take maybe month's or longer to get it sold since most players like to buy it from the central market and not from the GTN.

Selling items on the GTN is not much of a risk. It is the buying of the packs so that you can open them that is the risk, whether you buy the pack from the CM for CC's or from the GTN for credits. Some items in the packs have little to no value on the GTN, but some are definitely in high demand and will fetch a premium price.

Again, if BW were to allow the market to be flooded with these "premium price" items, it would negatively impact the value of those items as well as the packs that contain those items. I don't think BW really wants to shoot themselves in the foot like that.

thats the same with a crystal that you use if it has lower stats then a new crystal you npc it. but a adaptive armor piece can be use again with modifications.

You are correct in this.

When a higher stat crystal becomes available, most people will simply vendor the old crystal, unless there is some reason to hang onto it, such as a rare color.

Adaptive armor doesn't really become obsolete as the mods in that armor can be replaced and the armor upgraded.

that means new players never can use old items any more since the selling time from that pack is gone? and what if a new player like's a old item and its not more selling in the GTN and central market what then? is it the player fault then that he not play the game earlier?

If you want to say it's the player's fault for not playing earlier, that is one way to look at it.

Playing the game, or even paying the subscription to play the game does NOT entitle any player to everything that ever was available in the game, that is now available in the game or that ever will be available in game.

Some things are available for an extremely limited time while others are available for years but are ultimately removed from the game.

Many CM items are still available in the game via the the GTN, either through direct sales of those items or through sales of the packs that contained those items. While the packs are ultimately a gamble, the price of the packs may well be cheaper than the price of many of those highly desired items. Some of those highly desired items can easily cost well over 10,000,000 credits, but they ARE still available.

players lose credits thats the risk from selling central market items on the GTN. and bioware can make money from it and use that money to fix the game better or for other things. if there chance the way there are doing now by rotate old packs then bioware make's money from it and the players get there item or items there wane have. and to come back again central market items are you own risk if you wane make in the game credits from it then do it but know the risk from it also. and if you need credits then farm you own craft materials and craft items and sell then thats how i make credits.

There is actually little risk when selling CM items on the GTN. The values for the vast majority of the items have pretty much been established, with a margin for market fluctuation, of course.

Some people will buy the packs to open them in the hopes of hitting the jackpot and getting one or more of those high ticket items, either for themselves or to sell on the GTN. Many people understand the far safer route to go is to purchase the packs and then sell the unopened packs in the GTN. As I said, the gong rates for the packs is generally far lower than the going rate for the high ticket items. The going rate is much higher than what that player will likely get from the "junk" items which are far more likely to be in the packs, though.

Once again, both of your proposals (allowing the "unbinding" of bound items and/or selling the embargoed packs at a greater frequency or "rotating" the packs) would ultimately hurt BW's CM sales by driving the value of those high ticket items down which would in turn drive the value of the packs down causing fewer packs to be sold.

is that then the same with craften from items if i make plenty of 1 color crystal then put it on the GTN to sell it

Crafting materials/items a) takes time, b) uses ressources wich to obtain costs c) credits.

Reproducing a full armor set from the collection costs nothing and takes no time (apart from the time needed to browse though your collection to find the item you want to reproduce). So in the time you need to collect the materials and, after that, produce one single lvl1 color chrystal, I can reporduce a few hundred copies of that one ultra rare armor set. Assuming you have none of the materials needed and have to obtain them though a gathering mission, chances are good my inventory, my cargo hold and my legacy cargo is full of copies of that one armor set before you even finished the work on one single basic color chrystal. That's the first difference.

Next question would be how the "unbinder" should work?

Will it only take some time (without costs)? Then it's jaust a matter of time untill I make millions of credits by flooding the GTN with 1000 copies of the ultra rare armor set everyone wants for a bargain deal of 10.000 credits each. Or mybe I sell just 100 for 100k? Depends on who else does the same trick. Depending how much time the unbind costs, after a few days we might see 215.566 cpies of any given rare armor, and the prices drop to a few 100 creds each. Players loosing creds (since armors aren't worth anything anymore), and BW loosing Monex (CC) - why should I pay 500+cc for a pack to get a chance to get one random piece of one random armor (meaning I have to spend a few 1000 cc to get the full armor) if I can by one for a handfull of creds on the GTN...

Will the "unbind" cost credits (like removing mods from equipment)? Well, then it only kind of dictates a minimum selling price. But unless the unbind-fee is insanely high (something like 100k per item), it wouldn't change anything. Instead of any low price, the stuff is sold for [unbind-fee]+1 credit per item. Again, players loosing credits and BW loosing rel money...

Will the unbind cost CC? That might be the trick, depending how many CC it will cost. It has to be high enough to prevent people from flooding the market, and high enough that eventual losses on sales of the randomly filled packs will be compensated. I'd say something around 1.000+ CC per item/set might be appropriate. But at a rate that high, only a few people might use... although this would open possibilities for a new type of trade - like "looking for set X. Can someone reproduce and unbind it for me? In return, I can do the same with set Y or Z".

Charging CC (and not at a low rate) might be the only way to make it possible without the negative effects explained before.

Crafting materials/items a) takes time, b) uses ressources wich to obtain costs c) credits.

Reproducing a full armor set from the collection costs nothing and takes no time (apart from the time needed to browse though your collection to find the item you want to reproduce). So in the time you need to collect the materials and, after that, produce one single lvl1 color chrystal, I can reporduce a few hundred copies of that one ultra rare armor set. Assuming you have none of the materials needed and have to obtain them though a gathering mission, chances are good my inventory, my cargo hold and my legacy cargo is full of copies of that one armor set before you even finished the work on one single basic color chrystal. That's the first difference.

Next question would be how the "unbinder" should work?

Will it only take some time (without costs)? Then it's jaust a matter of time untill I make millions of credits by flooding the GTN with 1000 copies of the ultra rare armor set everyone wants for a bargain deal of 10.000 credits each. Or mybe I sell just 100 for 100k? Depends on who else does the same trick. Depending how much time the unbind costs, after a few days we might see 215.566 cpies of any given rare armor, and the prices drop to a few 100 creds each. Players loosing creds (since armors aren't worth anything anymore), and BW loosing Monex (CC) - why should I pay 500+cc for a pack to get a chance to get one random piece of one random armor (meaning I have to spend a few 1000 cc to get the full armor) if I can by one for a handfull of creds on the GTN...

Will the "unbind" cost credits (like removing mods from equipment)? Well, then it only kind of dictates a minimum selling price. But unless the unbind-fee is insanely high (something like 100k per item), it wouldn't change anything. Instead of any low price, the stuff is sold for [unbind-fee]+1 credit per item. Again, players loosing credits and BW loosing rel money...

Will the unbind cost CC? That might be the trick, depending how many CC it will cost. It has to be high enough to prevent people from flooding the market, and high enough that eventual losses on sales of the randomly filled packs will be compensated. I'd say something around 1.000+ CC per item/set might be appropriate. But at a rate that high, only a few people might use... although this would open possibilities for a new type of trade - like "looking for set X. Can someone reproduce and unbind it for me? In return, I can do the same with set Y or Z".

Charging CC (and not at a low rate) might be the only way to make it possible without the negative effects explained before.

a: is true it time to make then how better the item is how longer it take's.

b: if you mean that sending companions on missions to get then true if.

c: how fast the buyer get the credits from it nobody knows since nobody can see with item sells fast and witch not.

how the unbinder most work.

i have think is good about it and can make here and there what chance's in the suggestion that there is no problem with the market price that it stay more in balance.

if you modification a adaptive armor the level from that adaptive armor chance's also from lvl 1 to the lvl you modifications are.

the unbinder has also a requires level to let it work.

that means you most sell a adaptive armor piece with modifications on it.

but you can add a risk from using a unbinder item on a adaptive armor piece.

the risk can be this 90% success rate and 10% chance to fail.

if it fails you can add that the player most buy a new one to get a new chance to let it unbind.

thats a option that can be add.

then there are not 1000 copy's from it on the GTN.

about the CC price i was thinking that maybe a good price is to sell it on the central market is round 300/400 CC.

to unbind it cost noting no CC and no credits thats why there can add a risk on it from if you use it it has ....% on success and ....% on fail.

i hope this extra option for it can prevent people from flooding the market with the lvl 1 adaptive armor piece.

OK, most part of what you wrote I don't really get. Maybe you could add a few ounces of grammar to your texts? :rolleyes:

So you want to add a fail chance to it? Wonderful, I can imagine all the rage posts from those where the "unbinder" fails on the first or second attempt... "I paid xxx credits for nothing? Stupid developers, what a $%&%$!". Even with your 90% success chance, with onl 6 people trying it, there is a 47% chance at least one of them gets a fail at the first attempt. Now imagine there would be thousands of people using this thing that they pais real money for, failing on the first time. That's a shipload of rage-posts I wouldn't want to read... so, adding a failure-option that destroys the item is no solution.

That leaves us with only thre options: time to use it (wich is not such a great limitation), or/and either a credit cost per use (wich, unless the cost is very high, doesn't prevent the GTN from being flooded with unbound items) or some cc-cost per use (and, here too, the price has to be high enough to make people think about wether they really want to usi it or not).

As I said, "creating" 30 full sets of a (currently) rare armor from my collection takes me 30 klicks with the mouse... the only thing that prevents me from selling them on the GTN is the fact that they are bound to character. Unless unbinding them costs an high amount of ressources - high enough to prevent me to do it on this large scale - GTN will be flooded with cheap rare armors. And I'd say it wouldn't be a problem to find a price low enough that it sells like nothing - especially if everyone's doing it.

No, stuff like that (unless maybe, as I said, with a high cc-cost per use) could easily ruin the GTN, ruin BW/EA's income from the cartel market, und thus on the long run ruin the game.

OK, most part of what you wrote I don't really get. Maybe you could add a few ounces of grammar to your texts? :rolleyes:

So you want to add a fail chance to it? Wonderful, I can imagine all the rage posts from those where the "unbinder" fails on the first or second attempt... "I paid xxx credits for nothing? Stupid developers, what a $%&%$!". Even with your 90% success chance, with onl 6 people trying it, there is a 47% chance at least one of them gets a fail at the first attempt. Now imagine there would be thousands of people using this thing that they pais real money for, failing on the first time. That's a shipload of rage-posts I wouldn't want to read... so, adding a failure-option that destroys the item is no solution.

That leaves us with only thre options: time to use it (wich is not such a great limitation), or/and either a credit cost per use (wich, unless the cost is very high, doesn't prevent the GTN from being flooded with unbound items) or some cc-cost per use (and, here too, the price has to be high enough to make people think about wether they really want to usi it or not).

As I said, "creating" 30 full sets of a (currently) rare armor from my collection takes me 30 klicks with the mouse... the only thing that prevents me from selling them on the GTN is the fact that they are bound to character. Unless unbinding them costs an high amount of ressources - high enough to prevent me to do it on this large scale - GTN will be flooded with cheap rare armors. And I'd say it wouldn't be a problem to find a price low enough that it sells like nothing - especially if everyone's doing it.

No, stuff like that (unless maybe, as I said, with a high cc-cost per use) could easily ruin the GTN, ruin BW/EA's income from the cartel market, und thus on the long run ruin the game.

ok the fail option is not a good suggestion for it.

then the only option is the extra pay option when you use it then if that works better then ok.

maybe credits and CC you most have to use it is a good thing and there most think about it if there wane use it.

if others players have a better suggestion price for it then post then also and not let only 1 think about it.

if the price on the central market is not to high then there can add a small price cc on it for using it.

if the price on the central market is round 450cc for the item and when you wane use it you most pay round the 200cc + 450k credits.

the price i post are more a thinking price if others thinking that my price is wrong tell it then and come with your own price thinking.

then you can sell the adaptive armor piece and the GTN has not much from it.

then BW/EA get still there money from it and the game is still save.

and Turajin its nice to see a other player good thinking about it to find a good way for both side's.

ok the fail option is not a good suggestion for it.

then the only option is the extra pay option when you use it then if that works better then ok.

maybe credits and CC you most have to use it is a good thing and there most think about it if there wane use it.

if others players have a better suggestion price for it then post then also and not let only 1 think about it.

if the price on the central market is not to high then there can add a small price cc on it for using it.

if the price on the central market is round 450cc for the item and when you wane use it you most pay round the 200cc + 450k credits.

the price i post are more a thinking price if others thinking that my price is wrong tell it then and come with your own price thinking.

then you can sell the adaptive armor piece and the GTN has not much from it.

then BW/EA get still there money from it and the game is still save.

and Turajin its nice to see a other player good thinking about it to find a good way for both side's.

450CC's is a meaningless cost, even if you want to add 200 CC's (even more meaningless) and 450K credits.

Credits are so easy to make in this game that 450K would be a pittance, pocket change for many. 450K is less than one days dailies.

Subscribers get at least 500 to 700 CC's per month. 500-600 CC's just for subscribing, depending on the subscription plan that player chose and 100 CC's for having a security key linked to the account. This makes a CC cost of 450 or even 650, if you want to include your proposed "200 CC per use" fairly trivial. Even 2400 CC's ($20) would not deter too may people, IMO.

I doubt that there is ANY price that can be set by BW that will prevent the devaluation of CM items on the GTN and ultimately devalue the packs on the GTN, thus decreasing BW revenue.

If you weren't playing when those older packs were available, then you missed out on the chance to get those packs or the items those packs contained for a cheaper price. You will likely still find some of those older packs and the items they contained available on the GTN, although the cost is substantially higher now. As I said, though, credits are incredibly easy to make in this game.

You say that when you want credits, you craft items and sell them. Well, if you want those items from the older embargoed packs, it would behoove you to get to crafting or find some other way to farm credits.

If you weren't playing when those older packs were available, then you missed out on the chance to get those packs or the items those packs contained for a cheaper price. You will likely still find some of those older packs and the items they contained available on the GTN, although the cost is substantially higher now. As I said, though, credits are incredibly easy to make in this game..

credits are easy to make thats true but then you sell the right items on the GTN and for the right price that other players buy it.

if i sell items that are more then 450k on the GTN then its super easy to reach it.

but if i sell items that are lower then then and i still make credits from it then it can take sometime to get it.

this unbinder can not only be use to sell adaptive armor in the GTN but it can also be use to trade adaptive armor piece from 1 char to a other i mean with that is.

sub players get from some missions type adaptive armor piece.

let take this mission:

planet: TATOOINE

Mission: [HEROIC 2+] The Long Goodbye

Reward: is a adaptive armor piece and in my case its heavy type not class bound.

it bounds on pick up.

but if i wane use that armor piece on a alt from me or on my alt companion.

then i can use the unbinder item to unbind the adaptive armor piece and put it in my legacy stronghold storage.

i go on my alt take it out the storage from my stronghold and make it bind again on my companion or my alt char.

that is also a way that the unbinder can be use.

there are many way's that this item can be use,

from selling a adaptive armor piece to share it with alt chars and alt chars companions.

and if you have play many class all then you see that some class that use light armor type have sometimes companions that use heavy armor type.

then its sometimes fine to use a adaptive armor piece that other alts get and no use for it.

Edited by Spikanor

credits are easy to make thats true but then you sell the right items on the GTN and for the right price that other players buy it.

if i sell items that are more then 450k on the GTN then its super easy to reach it.

but if i sell items that are lower then then and i still make credits from it then it can take sometime to get it.

this unbinder can not only be use to sell adaptive armor in the GTN but it can also be use to trade adaptive armor piece from 1 char to a other i mean with that is.

sub players get from some missions type adaptive armor piece.

let take this mission:

planet: TATOOINE

Mission: [HEROIC 2+] The Long Goodbye

Reward: is a adaptive armor piece and in my case its heavy type not class bound.

it bounds on pick up.

but if i wane use that armor piece on a alt from me or on my alt companion.

then i can use the unbinder item to unbind the adaptive armor piece and put it in my legacy stronghold storage.

i go on my alt take it out the storage from my stronghold and make it bind again on my companion or my alt char.

that is also a way that the unbinder can be use.

there are many way's that this item can be use,

from selling a adaptive armor piece to share it with alt chars and alt chars companions.

and if you have play many class all then you see that some class that use light armor type have sometimes companions that use heavy armor type.

then its sometimes fine to use a adaptive armor piece that other alts get and no use for it.

IMO, allowing the complete unbinding of bound items carries too much potential to hurt the game, both in the GTN markets and in BW's revenue streams.

However, to address your concern regarding the transfer of items within your legacy, the creation of an item that would convert empty orange shells from bound to character to bound to legacy would allow the transfer of at least some of those items. It would also have the benefit of providing access to more varied looks without necessarily sacrificing the utility of legacy gear.

I am against allowing anything but empty orange shells to be converted from bound to character to bound to legacy, though. I think there is just too much potential for abuse if anything other than empty orange shells were allowed to be converted to bound to legacy.

Allowing empty orange shells to be converted would be consistent with the other legacy gear that is available since I believe that all legacy gear available now is acquired as an empty orange shell.

there is also a other option if selling it on the GTN a big problem then why not make the effects from it that the adaptive armor piece becomes legacy bind that selling on the GTN not works but still can be use to share it with other alts and other alts companions.

then the price option to use it can also be remove since its bound on your account and cant sell it to other players?

but if thats a problem for the central market adaptive armors parts then i not know it more since almost nobody else comes with good suggestions for it.

Marvel Hero's 2015 has this.

The Matrix of Unbinding you can buy them off the G store (Cartel Coins). It can be dropped by bosses and you get so many when you make specific purchases and as log in rewards every 15 days. You can unbind any piece of gear and do anything you want with it at that point.

It is an excellent idea if you ask me, I think that one of the things that keeps me playing MH15 is the fact that if I use a low level piece of "All Hero's" gear (Adaptive gear) on, say Nightcrawler, while leveling I can unbind it and use it on Deadpool while leveling him too.

Now before the white knights start screaming, but the credit sink, the credit sinkt you can't do away with that... The unbinding still costs you 100k and if you haven't won a bunch of unbinders you gotta get them somehow.

This would be a great thing to allow artificers to craft... since, you know we pretty much get the shaft by not being able to use our gathering skill in any of the Ops like Bio and Scavenging can...

there is also a other option if selling it on the GTN a big problem then why not make the effects from it that the adaptive armor piece becomes legacy bind that selling on the GTN not works but still can be use to share it with other alts and other alts companions.

then the price option to use it can also be remove since its bound on your account and cant sell it to other players?

but if thats a problem for the central market adaptive armors parts then i not know it more since almost nobody else comes with good suggestions for it.

If there were an item introduced to convert empty orange shells from bound to character into legacy bound, it should NOT be free. The added utility of those items being legacy bound is worth a fair price, whether that be in CC's or credits, and fair does not necessarily mean cheap or free.

Another suggestion I have seen is that once a set is unlocked in the collections interface allowing the infinite reproduction of bound to character copies, maybe BW could charge a second one time CC fee to allow the reproduction of legacy bound copies.

Hypothetical example, armor set A costs 200 CC's to unlock. Once that 200 CC's is paid and the set is unlocked to allow the creation of infinite bound to character copies, offer a second option to pay 400 CC's to allow the creation of legacy bound copies. The added utility of legacy bound copies is well worth the CC cost, IMO.

Step 1. Choose the item to be Unbound

Step 2. Drop 250k to Unbind the item

Step 3. Drop 500k to Bind to Legacy

Step 4. Enjoy your newly unbound thing

This would be awesome for the older armoring like the Rakata/Columi/Tionese/etc. variety.

#SIGNED

What if I choose to stop at step 2? I now have an unbound item that I can sell, which is one of the objections raised in this thread.

Combining steps 2 and 3 into a single step would be better - a straight move from bound-to-character to bound-to-legacy.

Hypothetical example, armor set A costs 200 CC's to unlock. Once that 200 CC's is paid and the set is unlocked to allow the creation of infinite bound to character copies, offer a second option to pay 400 CC's to allow the creation of legacy bound copies. The added utility of legacy bound copies is well worth the CC cost, IMO.

I'm not sure why you would want legacy-bound copies when the set is already available to any and all characters on the account after Collections unlock. Is it just to move mods around if you don't have Birthright/Inheritance equipment to use?

Step 1. Choose the item to be Unbound

Step 2. Drop 250k to Unbind the item

Step 3. Drop 500k to Bind to Legacy

Step 4. Enjoy your newly unbound thing

This would be awesome for the older armoring like the Rakata/Columi/Tionese/etc. variety.

#SIGNED

i like the suggestion but its better to remove step 2 and replace it with step 3.

if you keep step 2 in the working then 99% from the players gone sell there adaptive armor piece on the GTN and thats something the most not wane see.

but its still a good way to make it legacy bind only.