Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Clicker or Keybinder?(Strawpoll)

Falor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keybinds all the way, well mousebinds anyway. I use all the normal twelve keys (1-10 and - =) with Shift, Ctrl, and Alt modifiers.

The only thing I click is a small 8slot quickbar with my fleet/quick passes, stances and class buff.

Hmmm Both?

I keybind the things I use most frequently and click for less frequently used things. Of course I have to click on raid frame to select people to heal in a 16 man op because we still don't have mouseover healing.

I have movement key bound (WSAD), the abilities of my core rotation, then leap, interupt, cleanse on my healers, stealth cc...I usualy use E, R, T, F, Q, G, 1, 2, 3 keys. Sometimes with shift.

Most of others i click, like AoE, knockback, stealth, some OCD, DCD, medpac, adrenal and what not.

Edited by PanVlk

you can usually click and get away with it in most cases....ie ranged and healers...

but in truth youre hampering your reaction time and mobility big time.

i clicked in my first mmo and it is soooooooo hard to stop that habit. but once you do, its very worth it.

keybinder. I mostly pvp and if you don't keybind, your competitiveness takes a step back. Not saying a clicker will do bad in pvp, but keybinders will do better.

Yeah I don't know anyone does melee dps and clicks in pvp with all of the movement. I'm sure it can be done, but man! I've got so many things keybound.

Maybe it's a personal thing where I can move and move my mouse to click at the same time. I'd be interested to see how the clickers do it. Again I mainly melee dps/tank.

you can usually click and get away with it in most cases....ie ranged and healers...

Ranged DPS probably, but certainly not the healers. In many cases you just don't have the time to move your mouse between group frame and your quickbars quickly enough when you need to heal more people quickly. I used to click on my healsorc, but HM 55 flashpoints (especialy czerka ones with not-overgeared groups) tought me it's really not a good idea.

I do both. I keybind my most used abilities and click the lesser used. The frequency in which I use the lesser used abilities tells me that the abilities could use some further streamlining, although I do think the way talents (point system) are now is a big improvement.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by fresnosmokey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.