I love the PvP in the Gree event!

Vakyoom

It reminds me of the old days on Ilum where you could barely move and 50 people were fighting at all times...

Please BW, update all of the pvp zones on Ilum for lvl 60 quests OR continue some sort of PvP quest thing in Ilum after the event.

If i'm missing something then that's ok, maybe it already exists in a permanent form and i haven't noticed yet. Either way i've had a blast with the FFA world PvP today and it needs to be a thing in this game a LOT more often!

-Chalky

Edited by Vakyoom

I love it too. I just hit level 60 and don't have PVP gear yet, so I'm always getting ganked and camped, especially at mid when trying to run orbs to the hypergate (it took me over a dozen orb runs yesterday to finally complete that daily). But I love it! I love the open world PVP thrill, the risk, the danger, the competition.

I'll be fully geared in PVP gear in a couple of days, so I'll have a chance to turn the tables and have my own fun! hehe :cool:

It reminds me of the old days on Ilum where you could barely move and 50 people were fighting at all times...

Please BW, update all of the pvp zones on Ilum for lvl 60 quests OR continue some sort of PvP quest thing in Ilum after the event.

If i'm missing something then that's ok, maybe it already exists in a permanent form and i haven't noticed yet. Either way i've had a blast with the FFA world PvP today and it needs to be a thing in this game a LOT more often!

-Chalky

My hole guild is out there every night this week ganking people on JC Orchestrated Chaos. We started a few guild wars it been fun so far mad respect to the guilds that brought the same numbers of pvpers to meet are pvpers 15 on 15 guild battles are really fun. We would leave the smaller groups alone but they keep charging in trying to kill us so they must die as well. Been called a coward by a bunch of pve hero's. So we challenge them to a dual some come out a try and get owned 1v1. Some just QQ and still call you a coward for grouping in pvp. I just lol if you are going to call some one a coward for grouping back it up with some balls at least.

Chalky probably killed you at some point out there or will Sith'ari GM Of Orchestrated Chaos

Edited by Neoforcer

If they lowered the respawn time and maybe increased spawn locations of the chests on Outlaw's Den, maybe we could have a permanent FFA area for everyday PvP madness that's worth visiting.

But, y'know... the devs only care about the Cartel Market and "unfair" slot machines to do anything about it.

There's a lot of complaints in general discussion about lack of rewards from PVE content and it doesn't interest them because they can't get enough Grey Helix Components. Yet here we are in the PVP forum, even those getting ganked enjoying the hell out of this event. We don't even get Grey Helix Components; its about the world battles and competition. Man if Bioware could figure it out and give us something like this regularly without lagging up the place I'd be very happy.

The great thing about open world pvping is that the people doing it aren't really there for the event stuff, they are there to enjoy the game and fight people. When people are doing things just for fun and no rewards tied to it, you need to add more of it, not less.

Edited by Papazmurf

There's a lot of complains in general discussion about lack of rewards from PVE content and it doesn't interest them because they can't get enough Grey Helix Components. Yet here we are in the PVP forum, even those getting ganked enjoying the hell out of this event. We don't even get any Grey Helix Components; its about the world battles and competition. Man if Bioware could figure it out and give us something like this regularly without lagging up the place I'd be very happy.

The great thing about open world pvping is that the people doing it aren't really there for the event stuff, they are there to enjoy the game and fight people. When people are doing things just for fun and no rewards tied to it, you need to add more of it, not less.

Great post.

-Chalky

Agreed give us some rewards for the PvP in ilum, a few comes per kill one or two, 25 valor, and some PvP missions we would be set

I love it too

Haven't had this much fun in game for 6 mo.

Grouped up yesterday and when we reached the pvp center (we were in an ops group) it disbanded

We were all sitting there- all of us red to one another- like an old west standoff

"Are we all going to kill each other now?"

Kept getting killed by the orb explosions (I need to remember that today)

Love seeing groups at the heroic get flagged for whatever reason and then trying to cause whatever chaos that can be done

Swtor actually felt like an mmo- kinda

More gree please

Edited by Daxy

My hole guild is out there every night this week ganking people on JC Orchestrated Chaos. We started a few guild wars it been fun so far mad respect to the guilds that brought the same numbers of pvpers to meet are pvpers 15 on 15 guild battles are really fun. We would leave the smaller groups alone but they keep charging in trying to kill us so they must die as well. Been called a coward by a bunch of pve hero's. So we challenge them to a dual some come out a try and get owned 1v1. Some just QQ and still call you a coward for grouping in pvp. I just lol if you are going to call some one a coward for grouping back it up with some balls at least.

Chalky probably killed you at some point out there or will Sith'ari GM Of Orchestrated Chaos

because running around on a sin in OW and hunting down ppl in pve gear or ppl in the middle of a fight proves what a tough guy you are. c'mmon. I get it. you like ganking ppl. it's your right. but you do have every advantage. I laugh at the sins and shadows who get in small grps and go around ganking solos (usually in rak tunnels on pvp servers). but w/e. you're cool. you beat up a nobody who has no business fighting you in the first place.

The shine will wear off soon. I remember when this event was 2 weeks long. The first couple of days there were huge guild wars, ganking every where, etc etc. By the end of the second week it was empty. I can run orbs 50 times and not get ganked. I myself had to search for like 20 minutes just to find one person to gank myself.

While it would be nice if they did more OW pvp things-esp things that offered PvE rewards to attract more people, this event is good as it is; an event that happens every once in a while.

your "hole" guild? am i the only one wondering whether he missed the "w" or an "a" there? lol

How does it work without the bolster? There is no bolster, right? So, if you don't have any PvP gear on a toon, that's a lost cause, is it?

I've just had this conversation with my Heroic party:

Juggernaut: "Let's go do PvP quests!"

Me, the Sniper: "Sorry, no PvP gear."

Juggernaut (cheerfully): "Oh, that doesn't matter!"

Me (sulkily): "Oh, yes, it does. Thank you for the group!"

After this respectful disagreement, I waved the two juggs and the mara on their way. I felt it was the right thing to do, but then again, yesterday, my kindly BHs were set upon by another group and I was actually hurting those people, in the slow and sure way we AnniMaras do.... so? What are people wearing there? I am kindda afraid to check, because the last time I did that on Tatooine on a flagged toon.... things did not go well.

I had fun on JC yesterday. I was on my Rage Jugg solo with mostly 146 gear and two DR pieces. I think I got quite a few solo kills before grouping up with someone.... Then we both meet up a geared Veng Jugg.... And get our asses handed to us ;) Killing the destroyer was fun too. We were three to try to burn it down and get out asap. We still got killed by two Imps rolling around in full Exh/DR. But they were nice enough to finish our kill instead of reseting and killing it themselves :) Small groups are fun... Huge ganking groups are rather sad if you aren't in a PvP guild ready to do that kind of fight ;)

because running around on a sin in OW and hunting down ppl in pve gear or ppl in the middle of a fight proves what a tough guy you are. c'mmon. I get it. you like ganking ppl. it's your right. but you do have every advantage. I laugh at the sins and shadows who get in small grps and go around ganking solos (usually in rak tunnels on pvp servers). but w/e. you're cool. you beat up a nobody who has no business fighting you in the first place.

Because class has a lot to do with killing people karcker in world pvp i played sin since launch you played scoundrel. I not in little groups of stealth only hunting down people we have 3 stealth running gree and the rest are juggs mercs and sorc. But nice try with your guessing when 95% of the people in are guild are none stealth classes your comment are invalid. Fighting Nemesis/ LD-fifty/Afterlife yep those are pve noobs. I have mad respect for those guilds as they put up great fights and that's what were looking for.

I respect you kracker but here you have no clue. We are looking to pull big pvp guilds into world pvp not ganking pvers all the time. But hey your cool i get it. Your hate on sins is laughable coming form some one who mained as a scoundrel and ganked the weakest link in warzone.

Because class has a lot to do with killing people karcker in world pvp i played sin since launch you played scoundrel. I not in little groups of stealth only hunting down people we have 3 stealth running gree and the rest are juggs mercs and sorc. But nice try with your guessing when 95% of the people in are guild are none stealth classes your comment are invalid. Fighting Nemesis/ LD-fifty/Afterlife yep those are pve noobs. I have mad respect for those guilds as they put up great fights and that's what were looking for.

I respect you kracker but here you have no clue. We are looking to pull big pvp guilds into world pvp not ganking pvers all the time. But hey your cool i get it. Your hate on sins is laughable coming form some one who mained as a scoundrel and ganked the weakest link in warzone.

lol - scoundrel? I think you have me confused.

HHaha yes, i was out for a while just watching. Stealthed up on a rock, protecting the pylon.....

I wouldn't pick on people, actually i would clean up after groups would pick on somebody doing pylon or the Gree Destroyer. There was a group of 4 imps that chased me around the bowl because i took out 2 of them for attacking a pub group trying to kill the Destroyer... Doesn't matter what faction, wait til the NPC dies then attack... common courtesy!

So i took out several groups after they had finished fighting... the long wolf taking out the big dogs. The amount of tension and the heat of these battles were very intense. At one point there were two assassin FotM'ing the pylon, attacking all groups of people that would come up... The amount of times that i killed one of them and actually got away with it.... I think i only died once all night and came out with at least 25 kills thx to the achievement.

I like the idea of re-vamping Outlaw's Den with Daily rewards and perhaps making new locations for this event to happen every-other-week but that would be tough since ilum is prepared for that level of pvp already. it just needs to be permanent!

Hopefully we still get valor for world PvP kills, but getting some comms for every 25 kills would be sweet.

Edited by Vakyoom

It's a ton of fun if you're either a stealth class or are grouped with your guild.

It sucks balls otherwise. Still, I wish there were areas like this with similar action going on, all the time. A welcome change from warzones and arenas.

And it gives the gankers somewhere to go besides Tattooine.

Edited by clearsighted

It's a ton of fun if you're either a stealth class or are grouped with your guild.

It sucks balls otherwise. Still, I wish there were areas like this with similar action going on, all the time. A welcome change from warzones and arenas.

And it gives the gankers somewhere to go besides Tattooine.

there's always action on pvp servers. it's smallish in scale, but whatever the latest pve thing is is a hot spot like oricon, rakghoul, yavin 4, you name it. very easy to create an OW arms race. I don't understand why ppl complain that there's no OWPVP. I think maybe they're talking about rewards or something, cuz Jung Ma is probably the least populated server in the game, and you could always stir up the hornets' nest if you wanted to.