12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

Yes, sorry, you are correct. Level 90 only. I will take level 55 or level 50 boosts here too, then. Makes no difference.

Why do you hammer on the point of planetside quests. They are just but a part of a grind that is making this game unreplayable, unless you sink extreme amount of time into it. You don't understand that I want to enjoy the story of the game. I want to be able to go back and redo part of it. I want to be able to switch gender and have another go. I want to be able to go dark/light. If you just take 2 changes, that is 16 playthroughs. That is 16x same gosh darn planet quests. Or 16x(howevermanytimes) same *********** operations/flashpoints.

Also, *********** 90% of the time grinding for 10% of the content is not a *********** "minimal effort".

Those are what most of the people who demand 12XP use as their excuse or justification for demanding that 12XP. They claim that they simply want to avoid all those pesky planet side quests.

At least you are honest enough that you admit that you are so averse to the minimal effort required to earn the XP to level that character that you want to COMPLETELY AVOID all other means of earning XP, even if you are not honest enough with yourself or the forums to express it that way.

Given how easy it already is to level and earn XP in this game, even a 100% "grind" would still be minimal effort.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are what most of the people who demand 12XP use as their excuse or justification for demanding that 12XP. They claim that they simply want to avoid all those pesky planet side quests.

At least you are honest enough that you admit that you are so averse to the minimal effort required to earn the XP to level that character that you want to COMPLETELY AVOID all other means of earning XP, even if you are not honest enough with yourself or the forums to express it that way.

Given how easy it already is to level and earn XP in this game, even a 100% "grind" would still be minimal effort.

Yes, I do. I want to avoid doing same operation over and over again. Or same planetside over again and again. It serve no purpose. Playing 30m operation to earn at best half a level, that is 1 hour of mine time wasted so I can actually do a single storyline quest (which adds another 15-30m). 1.5 hours for single quest, 1h of boring repetitive action.

I'd like to address the anti-12ers when it comes to their argument about committing time to the game. I have 8 lvl 60's in game. All of them got there by grinding: side quest x 8, PvP to get the weeklies, KDY at max rep, flashpoints (hardly ever pop anymore but I try). So how is it that wanting a reward of not having to grind anymore = not wanting to put time into the game? I've done my time.

we really aren't complaining about the time it takes to level up. we have shown a few examples of players using the system to their advantage to streamline the leveling process and maximize XP.

asking and getting x12 XP on story missions would also have the PvP community requesting a similar boost.

This isn't for a story mode mission but just to gain more comms at a faster rate to gear up their main and alts using 1 or 2 characters and legacy gear. I already take advantage of the system using 3 operatives and a sniper. in a week's time I have min/maxed a cunning set and in the following 3 weeks would min/max the remaining sets for my alt classes (willpower, strength, aim). current game mechanics work fine for how the game is developed currently (PvE and PvP). it would be a pretty boring place if everyone was the same from the start.

Yes, sorry, you are correct. Level 90 only. I will take level 55 or level 50 boosts here too, then. Makes no difference.

Why do you hammer on the point of planetside quests. They are just but a part of a grind that is making this game unreplayable, unless you sink extreme amount of time into it. You don't understand that I want to enjoy the story of the game. I want to be able to go back and redo part of it. I want to be able to switch gender and have another go. I want to be able to go dark/light. If you just take 2 changes, that is 16 playthroughs. That is 16x same gosh darn planet quests. Or 16x(howevermanytimes) same *********** operations/flashpoints.

Also, *********** 90% of the time grinding for 10% of the content is not a *********** "minimal effort".

I think your figures are misrepresented.

Yes, I do. I want to avoid doing same operation over and over again. Or same planetside over again and again. It serve no purpose. Playing 30m operation to earn at best half a level, that is 1 hour of mine time wasted so I can actually do a single storyline quest (which adds another 15-30m). 1.5 hours for single quest, 1h of boring repetitive action.

there are faster ways to earn XP. try getting a buddy to carry you through planetary missions. its the mission turnin XP rewards you want. not the mob kill XP. the faster you can move through a planet the quicker the XP and levels come. you don't finish all the planetary missions. lvl up enough to move onto the next planet. this way missions stay red/orange for higher XP turnin rewards

If you are not willing to do what is necessary to get that reward that you claim that you want, then I guess you don't want that reward very much, after all.

there are faster ways to earn XP. try getting a buddy to carry you through planetary missions. its the mission turnin XP rewards you want. not the mob kill XP. the faster you can move through a planet the quicker the XP and levels come. you don't finish all the planetary missions. lvl up enough to move onto the next planet. this way missions stay red/orange for higher XP turnin rewards

Would be nice, but I doubt anyone would want to sink 20+ hours into me getting a max level character...

If you are not willing to do what is necessary to get that reward that you claim that you want, then I guess you don't want that reward very much, after all.

Obviously, but it is a shame. Loss sales for bioware, loss content for me.

Edited by Oiccrene

Than 12x XP?

That statement is an objective lie.

First of all, I do not believe that I said that, despite your claims that I did.

Second of all, you might try NOT taking a statement out of context. Go back and read exactly what that quote was referencing. It was NOT referencing 12XP boosts.

Lastly, KDY yields a pretty good amount of XP, especially if you have rested XP, the guild XP bonus, and are using XP boosts. I'm not sure exactly how it would compare to a 12XP boost, but it would be interesting to see.

Edited by Ratajack

Would be nice, but I doubt anyone would want to sink 20+ hours into me getting a max level character...

I'm sure BW will do just fine without your $15 month. I'm sure the game will survive without you.

First of all, I do not believe that I said that, despite your claims that I did.

Second of all, you might try NOT taking a statement out of context. Go back and read exactly what that quote was referencing. It was NOT referencing 12XP boosts.

Lastly, KDY yields a pretty good amount of XP, especially if you have rested XP, the guild XP bonus, and are using XP boosts. I'm not sure exactly how it would compare to a 12XP boost, but it would be interesting to see.

Yes, that would be why I began by saying 'than 12x XP?'. If that wasn't the case, my statement is moot. I merely assumed that was what was being said based on this being what the thread is about.

Wait a minute.

I thought this was never about having a max level character for you. I thought you were claiming that it was ONLY about simply experiencing the story. Why would you need someone to sink 20+ hours into getting you a max level character is it's ONLY about experiencing the story?

Yes, that would be why I began by saying 'than 12x XP?'. If that wasn't the case, my statement is moot. I merely assumed that was what was being said based on this being what the thread is about.

I suggest you go back and read the statement to which that poster was responding instead of making baseless ASSumptions.

Than 12x XP?

That statement is an objective lie.

guess he missed the post where he took this from. I quoted then explained one of the faster ways to gain XP with current game mechanics.

I made no comparison to x12 XP boosts.

Wait a minute.

I thought this was never about having a max level character for you. I thought you were claiming that it was ONLY about simply experiencing the story. Why would you need someone to sink 20+ hours into getting you a max level character is it's ONLY about experiencing the story?

I've lost count on how many previous posters have ultimately made this remark during this discussion.

its hard to take "just for the story mission series" argument seriously when after a few more posts true intentions are displayed.

I do agree, their need for x12 XP isn't supported very well when we strip it down to their core intentions :cool:

Wait a minute.

? Yes, to make max level character (or at least 50) so then I can use it to actually play the storyline quests.

I have level 50 characters and I did not even touch any endgame content (nor I ever will)

I was always honest why and what I want. I personally think x12 is not enough to enjoy storyline content without extra help and/or extra stuff from your previous high level characters. What I want is a way to buy max/lvl50 character that would be locked out of all multiplayer/endgame content. Preferably cheaply, 10$-20$. That is 160$-320$ BW could get out of me..

Edited by Oiccrene

? Yes, to make max level character (or at least 50) so then I can use it to actually play the storyline quests.

I have level 50 characters and I did not even touch any endgame content (nor I ever will)

I was always honest why and what I want. I personally think x12 is not enough to enjoy storyline content without extra help and/or extra stuff from your previous high level characters. What I want is a way to buy max/lvl50 character that would be locked out of all multiplayer/endgame content. Preferably cheaply, 10$-20$. That is 160$-320$ BW could get out of me..

WoW charges $60 for their character boosts.

I would not want to see BW charge anything less than $40 for a boost to 50 and $60 for a boost if the character is not locked from endgame and multiplayer content.

WoW charges $60 for their character boosts.

I would not want to see BW charge anything less than $40 for a boost to 50 and $60 for a boost if the character is not locked from endgame and multiplayer content.

I would still buy it :p (60$ would be less frequent than 40$ definitely).

So what do you have against that, especially with endgame/mp content locked?

I would still buy it :p (60$ would be less frequent than 40$ definitely).

So what do you have against that, especially with endgame/mp content locked?

WoW charges $60 for a boost to 90 (10 levels below current cap).

If they were to sell boosts to 50 (10 levels below cap) for $60, that would be comparable.

That does not mean I'm a fan of the paid character boosts, though.

If I was BW I wouldn't bring 12XP back. It certainly would not be a CM consumable.

In the long term I think 12XP is bad for business.

It's too big a bonus.

Haven't they learned that players speeding through the content can also mean players unsubscribing sooner?

Edited by JediRelentless

If I was BW I wouldn't bring 12XP back. In the long term I think 12XP is bad for business.

It's too big a bonus.

Haven't they learned that players speeding through the content can also mean players unsubscribing sooner?

I guarantee I'd stay subbed longer if it was a thing I had access to than if it wasn't.

I guarantee I'd stay subbed longer if it was a thing I had access to than if it wasn't.

Easy to claim. It means very little.

Especially since he is posting on the forums and therefore apparently subbed now, WITHOUT that "light speed, easy mode" leveling.

Its SWTOR not WoW. Just because one game allows it doesn't mean another company should as well.

The deletions in this thread are getting annoying. It's hard enough keeping up with new posts especially when they "vanish" on refresh :eek:

Those of us against the x12 XP have the games long term life in mind. We understand the instant gratification it presents but the cons far out weigh the pros months and years down the road. Everything the DEVS do now will impact the game years from now. It may seem small at this time but, how many bugs and issues with classes are still around if not worse today than during launch?

x12 XP isn't a trivial change to the game, it effectively removes content from the game. Players will skip mission series and even planets during the leveling process. Sure the missions are still there but why go through them when you don't need the rewards, credits, gear or XP? They are not attached to the story. Only completists will want to do them.

Oh, there's another example of how that boost impacts the game. How many is that now vs. the "I wanna do story missions uninterrupted @ max lvl ASAP" side?

Edited by Liquor

x12 XP isn't a trivial change to the game, it effectively removes content from the game. Players will skip mission series and even planets during the leveling process. Sure the missions are still there but why go through them when you don't need the rewards, credits, gear or XP? They are not attached to the story. Only completists will want to do them.

Exactly how does that affect anybody in the game?

Here are a few quotes:

There's no content, DEVS make more content, end game sucks add more operations, we need more HM flashpoints.

Just to name a few. Yes, end game content designed for max level characters. Sorry not your story mode missions, well because they wrapped up at level 50'ish. These fast trackers to max level skipped a lot of the content. Side missions that had their own little story.

Blow through levels and players will get tired of the game and move on. 2 pump chumps, 1 trick ponies, 3 blind mice

When players get bored, they tend to leave the game to try out something else that holds their attention. Boring is bad in the entertainment industry.

Even without the x12 XP boost right now, since launch we have players complaining about the lack of content, they get bored. BW doesn't want to create a bleed effect when the departure of subs is higher than the sub sign up. Sure F2P is here with the CM store and it does bring in cash, but having regular subs is more valuable. It's a stat you can show management. We are getting paid this much for this month, 6 months, or a year depending on the sub package.

Edited by Liquor

Exactly how does that affect anybody in the game?

What Liquor does, is cause fighting that's isn't needed, and is none of his business. He like to stir up more bull than anything. True, i'm very Passionate about my beliefs but at least I don't stick my nose where it doesn't belong.

Cases in point from him and some others here is the Fact that 12X would not impact their playing styles, but only to those of ppl using 12X. Yet ppl think they have a right to tell us how to lvl which They DON'T have a right to.

I haven't seen any Pro 12X'ers tell other players how to lvl in-game, and they sure as hell as have no right to tell us how. What Anti-12X'ers are Only doing is Instigating needless fighting. Those are the Facts here.

Edited by MandFlurry