Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Please stop, for the love of Qui-Gon Jinn, stop.

WillCaedes

Re-watched it. Did you REALLY go all the way back to a chapter 1 story on Balmorra and RESKIN Theorn Shan into it overwriting the original model (and therefore invalidating previous work on that model as WELL as the voice actors work). Really? You really had to reskin old content to make an advertisement to make it LOOK like it tied together with Shadow of Revan?

Wooooooow. Just...wow, round of applause for your advertisement team. Bravo, outstanding job.

The idea that anyone could be upset at a video game company for releasing an advertisement for their game on the game's official YouTube channel is both amusing and depressing at the same time.

"How dare they use their Twitter feed to plug their YouTube Channel!!" :mad:

"How dare they use their YouTube channel to advertise their game!!" :mad:

The idea that anyone could be upset at a video game company for releasing an advertisement for their game on the game's official YouTube channel is both amusing and depressing at the same time.

Truth be told, the ad is kinda crappy.

Only redeeming features is the fact it features the godly Natasha Little, as the female SW, in addition to Jamie Glover, the voice of Darth Malgus.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

*shrug* Not my fault they hyped it. And if it was an advertisement, why in Gods name did it need a pre-announcement to its release? Its not like any random twitter feed reader would happen by SWTOR's page and be glued to their seat in anticpation of Bioware's announcement.

And thank you Wicked, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the advertisement was a little crappy. Voice acting good, music score was good...concept...bad.

Truth be told, the ad is kinda crappy.

Only redeeming features is the fact it features the godly Natasha Little, as the female SW, in addition to Jamie Glover, the voice of Darth Malgus.

It is completely crappy... much of it is bits from the game spliced together that have nothing to do with each other... the intro to the Darvanis Warzone? Really?

To people who know the game, the ad is a joke. But it isn't aimed at us, so it probably doesn't matter.

I don't think many are that bothered about the ad, but rather the "Choose your Path, Video coming tomorrow, Subscribe to our #SWTOR YouTube channel and see it first! http://bit.ly/1L7AQEs " hype ******** that came before it. There was no reason to hype this at all.

It is completely crappy... much of it is bits from the game spliced together that have nothing to do with each other... the intro to the Darvanis Warzone? Really?

To people who know the game, the ad is a joke. But it isn't aimed at us, so it probably doesn't matter.

Darvannis.

Also, I believe you meant Novare Coast, which is in Denova. :p

Meditation or Medication? When I first saw this I thought you were asking if I'd considered medication. Tho truth be told I actually have considered meditation, just...not because of SWTOR. :p

I truly meant Meditation. :D

I blame the Dread Masters.

FEAR ME! FEAR YOUR FUTURE!

:mad:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm sorry, but treating a tweet as significant 'hype' just shows a fundamental misunderstanding of Twitter.

I saw it on Dulfy honestly. But answer the question, how many people who AREN'T already either subbed to or are a F2P member of this game are actually going to subscribe to a YouTube Channel to see 1:20 of a game they aren't even playing based on an ambiguous tweet that sounds like its hinting at something for existing players?

I saw it on Dulfy honestly. But answer the question, how many people who AREN'T already either subbed to or are a F2P member of this game are actually going to subscribe to a YouTube Channel to see 1:20 of a game they aren't even playing based on an ambiguous tweet that sounds like its hinting at something for existing players?

To be fair, I get notifications from things I don't follow on Twitter via the things I do follow on Twitter.

Edit: I think it was a poor choice for anyone who thought this would be anything more than a short ad. Otherwise things like "Reveal" would have been used and a forum post by a dev created. This screams market team and nothing else.

Edited by azudelphi

No ****! Exactly what I've been saying lol.

I'm sorry, but treating a tweet as significant 'hype' just shows a fundamental misunderstanding of Twitter.

This. They didn't even post in the forums. They tweeted an add to sub to their You Tube channel with the notice there would be a video. They didn't call it important, or an announcement, just the simple statement of sub to our you tube channel to see the video we are posting tomorrow.

And todays tweet was, here is the video we posted.

If anyone even remotely thinks this is hype, then having a simple conversation must be horrrible.

"Hey Keith, we're having burgers for dinner tomorrow, why don't you come over?" at dinner the next day "Here's your burger Keith."

"OMG this is just an ordinary hamburger! Why t F you hyping the crap out of this shiz?!?!?!? OMG you are so terrible. For the love of the Burger King, just stop!"

Let me explain some thing if you actually watched it you would have notice the ad is done in the style of force awakening They could not actually use the same words but it follows and i quote jj jj abrams trailer The dark side and the light notice how the ad follows that style with channel the darkness or harness the light just my opinion.

Let me explain some thing if you actually watched it you would have notice the ad is done in the style of force awakening They could not actually use the same words but it follows and i quote jj jj abrams trailer The dark side and the light notice how the ad follows that style with channel the darkness or harness the light just my opinion.

That....that actually makes sense. :eek:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.