best pvp merc spec

Jensaga

in general, Arsenal has better burst, I/O better sutained, both suffer from severe lack of effective defensive cooldowns in pvp and you can and will be globaled at times regardless of what you do.

If left alone you can put up big numbers, but smart players are not going to leave you alone for those 2 reasons.

Arsenal for group. IO for solo. Either for regs.

IO is better at kiting cuz everything is an instant with consistent procs. The only problem is waiting on the gcd, bc you need two dots and at least one grenade on the target before you can burst and spread.

As mentioned, both specs suffer from weak CDs and having to choose between using gcds to heal or DPs.

The only spec IO can't kite (in my experience) is concealment cuz he's either immune to my attacks (unload) or can shed my dots frequently. Also cannot range...all of this is mostly due to lolroll.

Edited by foxmob

Actually, anybody who has a taunt should be hitting them all the tim for free protection, especially dps specs.

He was referring to tanks though. It takes a bit more than pressing your taunts on CD to be a good tank. Especially if you want to do the living forever part.

IO is fine, plus your more mobile and have 30% dot resist. not sure if aasult gets the 25% DR on chaff flare like IO does either.

It's not 25% DR, it's 25% chance to resist (less good in PvP, because it doesn't stack with your Energy Shield the way DR would).

The only Merc/Mando spec I would really call viable at the moment is the healer spec, but even that is at the bottom of the pile for its role.

Edited by MiaowZedong