The Price of Power

TaitWatson

Yeah they are gonna kill marr soon and its really getting pointless to join the dark council in this game. Pretty sure the sith inquisitor is gonna be killed off soon too the way its going.

Dark councilors killed (or gotten rid of) in game:

1) Darth Jadus

2) Jadus' daughter

3) The guy Thanaton replaces (meantioned and led to thanaton joining council)

4) Darth Thanaton

5)Darth Barass' master

6)Darth Barass

7)The traitor in the jedi knight storyline (killed by first Wrath)

8)The guy Darth Arkous replaces (in order for Arkous to be on council after the inq)

9)Darth Arkous (the revanite traitor)

10) The guy Savrous replaced (in order to be on the council after the inq)

11)Darth Savrous (the guy the jedi get to kill on the korriban flashpoint)

Soon to be 12) Darth Marr... there are only 12 seats. And some just cant stay filled. There are probably more dark councilors killed that I am just not thinking of. And Darth Malgus was killed that was supposed to be Satele's rival but she is still going. I really don't know how the imperials have any faith in their leadership when they are lead by a new person everyday cause the last one died. Jedi > Sith. I am also pretty sure in a book another council dies #12 and is replaced by an alien #13 that also dies so marr is probs gonna be number 14. Don't count the books that happened before the game timeline though, like the Revan one.

Crap if Marr dies does that give seniority to Ravage or Mortis? or Decimus... wait did he die too? Then there is that woman one that's name starts with A... she didn't die though, right? Hard to keep track. Now that I think about it the sith that you kill in the republic Ilum storyline that was sleeping with his apprentice wasn't he on the dark council too?

I don't think the inquisitor will die being that it kind of kills off an entire class ( stranger things have happened I guess ) and also the class story as of SoR is leading toward "extended life". Would be rather strange to start going down that avenue just to kill off nox.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that this is all rumour. If they kill Darth Marr, it's going to make the game suck big time. I love Marr.

There's no rumor whatsoever, but rather one's interpretation.

Provided you read what came before, in addition to this new entry, it seems fairly logical to assume Marr's own passing is nigh -- he reckoned it himself, presumably.

You are a writer yourself, are you not? :p

On occasion, during your writing sessions, surely you have put into motion events through the use of allusion and foreshadowing.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm only okay with Marr dying if Satele dies too.

Because seriously... from the very start of the game the Empire has lost one major character after another and the Republic has lost virtually nobody of importance. I actually can't think of anyone they've lost but the supreme chancellor.

The Empire has just been kicked in the face over and over and over. We need an Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith moment please.

Edited by Beltane

I'm only okay with Marr dying if Satele dies too.

Because seriously... from the very start of the game the Empire has lost one major character after another and the Republic has lost virtually nobody of importance. I actually can't think of anyone they've lost but the supreme chancellor.

The Empire has just been kicked in the face over and over and over. We need an Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith moment please.

Jaric Kaedan was of importance. He was the man responsible for the apprehension of the Dread Masters -- alive, no less. The Jedi Order also lost Jun Seros, which was the order's premier Battlemaster.

There are more, but those two are especially poignant.

Also, assuming Marr does kick the bucket, he'll do so during some kind of struggle against the Emperor or so, NOT due to Sith in-fighting; hence, NOT comparable with the stuff we've seen earlier, in the Vanilla story.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Jaric Kaedan was of importance. He was the man responsible for the apprehension of the Dread Masters -- alive, no less. The Jedi Order also lost Jun Seros, which was the order's premier Battlemaster.

Okay, so they lost 3, and the Empire has lost every single interesting character except for Marr. Still not comparable. :p

Okay, so they lost 3, and the Empire has lost every single interesting character except for Marr. Still not comparable. :p

I could mention a few more but to quote this one individual... :p

Plus, the Empire still has plenty to lose.

Vowrawn, Mortis, Ravage, Rictus, Hesker, Calum, etc etc. I suspect one of the latter may reappear very soon. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Guess we'll just have to disagree. IMO it is incredibly boring to have the "bad" faction always lose just because it's "bad". When there's two movies in the franchise where the bad guys win because they're bad.

I'm not asking for the Empire to win the whole story of TOR, if it ever actually has a conclusion, but I am asking for the Empire to seem like a real threat and not a punching bag that loses one interesting character after another.

Class stories - Emperor is killed. Republic is super victorious whereas the Inq & Warrior are empowered in their individual storylines but the Empire becomes like a chicken with its head cut off in all following quests.

Ilum - Malgus, the most interesting character in at launch, becomes megavillain and dies. Empire falls into further disarray.

Makeb - Empire actually 'wins' Makeb yet it was just a resource war. Pubs don't even know about it and still don't because the Empire has done nothing with Isotope 5. Marr openly says they're losing and the Republic appears super strengthened.

Shadow of Revan - Empire had to team up with the Republic to wipe out a threat, no progression of war storyline, Empire still "losing" because they've yet to do anything to hurt the Republic.

Both Makeb & SoR ended with Marr giving some rousing speech about how they're about to crush the Republic. Two expansions in a row of a promise of the Empire not being a punching bag but I've yet to see it.

Come on, it's boring if the Republic stays on top and is never hurt.

What interesting character does the Empire have left if Marr dies? He's the only one I care about because the others have been in the background doing nothing. :(

Edited by Beltane

• 2 weeks later...

So the two she sees in the vision are our player character and companion?

BTW I don't agree the good guys won in the films. The Jedi rebelled against a lawfully appointed Chancellor. They were traitors. They waged war against the government because they didn't like the Chancellor was of the wrong faith. They were religious terrorists, always have been.

One of my sith got an email claiming the Republic only killed the Emperor's Voice, not the actual Emperor.

Edited by RameiArashi

So the two she sees in the vision are our player character and companion?

BTW I don't agree the good guys won in the films. The Jedi rebelled against a lawfully appointed Chancellor. They were traitors. They waged war against the government because they didn't like the Chancellor was of the wrong faith. They were religious terrorists, always have been.

One of my sith got an email claiming the Republic only killed the Emperor's Voice, not the actual Emperor.

Yeah... except the part where he manipulated a galactic war that killed millions if not billions of people. If they had took advantage of Order 65, the Jedi would have been completely within their right.

Order 65: "In the event of either (i) a majority in the Senate declaring the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) to be unfit to issue orders, or (ii) the Security Council declaring him or her to be unfit to issue orders, and an authenticated order being received by the GAR, commanders shall be authorized to detain the Supreme Commander, with lethal force if necessary, and command of the GAR shall fall to the acting Chancellor until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified as outlined in Section 6.