The Price of Power

TaitWatson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is just a blast from the past. Because this will break my heart if it is a forecast for the expansion. I mean, if Bio needs to hand over a planet or two to the Empire, go ahead, but not Balmorra…. Please, let it heal.

You're seeing stuff that is NOT there.

The blog entry is meant to reinforce what we know about Marr already, as seen previously

and here: in his view, no matter how powerful you are or what you achieved, death is inescapable, unavoidable.

Lachris, just like the Emperor himself, tried to avoid it. She didn't take the full lesson to heart, but only part of it, namely that power must be earned, NOT just misappropriated.

It is also foreshadowing Marr's own passing most likely.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I read 1 line of this great story and thought,"oh yeah this is gonna be good i need to order dinner", and indeed i did.

30 minutes later a knock came to my door and my large bacon cheeseburger Pizza was here and 2 liter of pepsi.

So i filled my glass up with that brown sugar known as pepsi and grabbed a slice and took a bite and picked up where i left off with the story.

Some have Dinner and a Movie, tonight i had Dinner and a Great Story to Read.

Thank You, So much, Mrs. Courtney.........

Edited by Sith-Viscera

wow this is awesome. I wish there was more literature about SWTOR and the old republic era in general. Stories of big characters, the emperor, dread masters before their internment, the council in the cold war, marr, a hidden hand or the true wrath of the empire. thoughts?

They already killed one big Sith in a climactic lightsaber battle and another by hurling him down a giant pit. So I guess that leaves Marr to get cut in half Maul style. Hopefully its by someone more powerful than a padawan.

A really beauty story, very well written, but we still don´t know what Lord Calipho did, and, by the way, what does this story have to do with the current position of the main story (Shadow of Revan, the Ribirth of The Emperor)??

I believe it's "rebirth".

Also, Lord Calypho was Thanaton's master, a Sith who attempted to have visions of the future through fasting and contemplation. The Dark Council resented this and had him arrested.

Regardless, IMO at any rate, the story bodes down to what is below:

The blog entry is meant to reinforce what we know about Marr already, as seen previously
and here: in his view, no matter how powerful you are or what you achieved, death is inescapable, unavoidable.

Lachris, just like the Emperor himself, tried to avoid it. She didn't take the full lesson to heart, but only part of it, namely that power must be earned, NOT just misappropriated.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If you look at their Facebook page, they've actually thrown a few different posts in a row concerning Darth Marr. One of the few things I actually like that they do is their foreshadowing with entertaining but seemingly meaningless post that relate to story elements they have in mind later.

I see a couple of posts talking about most likely Darth Marrs soon to be one with the spirit world. Well maybe or Maybe not, maybe he is working on something that will help destroy the Emperor and take the position of New Emperor Himself?

Just have to sit back and wait. If we have the patients that is?

Edited by Sith-Viscera

I see a couple of posts talking about most likely Darth Marrs soon to be one with the spirit world. Well maybe or Maybe not, maybe he is working on something that will help destroy the Emperor and take the position of New Emperor Himself?

The game itself states you are incorrect:

Sith Inquisitor:

Darth Marr:

Sith Inquisitor: You and I are all that stand between one another and the throne.

Darth Marr: And look at what the throne has done for the Emperor. This way is better.

Play more.

Just have to sit back and wait. If we have the patients that is?

Do you have an issue with people speculating on what is to come?

It has nothing to do with patience. :rolleyes:

In case you haven't noticed, these blog entries are meant to elicit one's curiosity, and generate further buzz surrounding upcoming content.

Should be that obvious really. No one is forcing you to participate, lest you lack the imagination needed for it.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The story was a good read but it also had one major flaw. None of the things Darth Lachris does with her lightsaber are available to a sorc/sage. Now if you reworded the story reflect what a sorc can actually do in game, I doubt it would read nearly as good. No not saying they need to buff up sorcs/sages, just pointing out a long standing problem with the Jedi/sith classes in swtor. This problem being they should all be half force, and half melee. Dont get me started to the simplicity of Guardian/jugg tanking.

As for Marr again good story but in the end game I find him more of a foot soldier then anything. Malgus on the other hand was exactly the type guy I would have expected to eventually take over ruling the Empire, but not Marr. Yes I know dead supposedly, but with the Darkside you never quite know. Just my thoughts.

In case you haven't noticed, these blog entries are meant to elicit one's curiosity, and generate further buzz surrounding upcoming content.

Should be that obvious really. No one is forcing you to participate, lest you lack the imagination needed for it.

I think he might have meant for Marr to die actually, he probably (like myself) is waiting for the only real opposition that we have for the Throne to fade away.

He'll fail because the new Emperor of the Sith is Sha'al! Accept no substitutes!:cool:

Edited by AshlaBoga

The story was a good read but it also had one major flaw. None of the things Darth Lachris does with her lightsaber are available to a sorc/sage.

Character classes are simply a game mechanic for players. They are part of the game, not part of the fictional world the game is set in. No reason why any character that is not a player needs to be beholden to their rules.

Hell, even we aren't beholden to their rules in cutscenes sometimes. My sniper has shot loads of people with her pistol. A pistol she doesn't actually even own as far as the game is concerned. The story and the game are two different things.

Character classes are simply a game mechanic for players. They are part of the game, not part of the fictional world the game is set in. No reason why any character that is not a player needs to be beholden to their rules.

Hell, even we aren't beholden to their rules in cutscenes sometimes. My sniper has shot loads of people with her pistol. A pistol she doesn't actually even own as far as the game is concerned. The story and the game are two different things.

Beyond that, even in a strictly 'story' context, you also play an individual character in this fictional universe who has learned a specific skill-set and specific techniques - just because Lord Zash's apprentice learned abilities [A], , and [C], doesn't mean that Darth Marr's apprentice didn't learn abilities [X], [Y], and [Z] instead (or in addition).

Edited by DarthDymond

The game itself states you are incorrect:

Play more.

Do you have an issue with people speculating on what is to come?

Well, I did say "Maybe, or Maybe NOT"

Which to me would indicate a, SPECULATION. If not, i do Apologies for those that didn't pick up on that. Also it was a bit of sarcasm. But hey sorry i didn't clarify that one either.

As far as the (patience) and :rolleyes: thing. I saw my error of my miss spelled word, after i posted and was just to lazy to edit it, that's on me. Sometimes people get to writing and they spell with out thinking and MISTAKES are made. Just means I'm Human.

But thanks for pointing that out, i know you were just trying to help and not trying to get satisfaction in belittling me for a simple mistake. Because if you were, then that doesn't say much for you, as a Human Being, but again i know that's not the case, kind Sir.

Also the "PLAY MORE" Well i have 10 toons for the past 2 and a half years, first 3 since launch. 6 Imp side and 4 Repub side. I play every day on at least 2 of those 10, and i switch off on them to get an even play through on all.

So i do know the story up too, and now after the Shadow of Revan.

Oh, One more thing. I see The future of the Empire after the Emperor has been destroyed by one Creature. Which He actually timed traveled back to the days of the Old Republic to save it and his Future Republic and Galaxy. That Incredible Life force is, no other then? JAR-JAR BINKS!!! (CUE SHOCKING MUSIC NOW) That's right, JAR JAR is that Creature. He stuck around long enough to take a Huge Galactic bow and then traveled back to his time line and back to his meagerly existence.

So i guess that would be some what of an IMAGINATION, right? lol

So with all that said and done, I wish you the best and Take care and Be Well.......

Edited by Sith-Viscera