The Price of Power

TaitWatson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually be sad to see Marr go as well, if that what it foreshadows.

Some stuff to take into account, pertaining Darth Marr:

And now this:

^^ Which, as stated earlier, Lachris resented --

, who also seeks to escape it.

If all this is NOT meant to further foreshadow his death, I dunno what will be. Here's hoping they handle it right, if it comes to pass of course. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Some stuff to take into account, pertaining Darth Marr:

And now this:

^^ Which, as stated earlier, Lachris resented --

, who also seeks to escape it.

If all this is NOT meant to further foreshadow his death, I dunno what will be. Here's hoping they handle it right, if it comes to pass of course. :p

I just hope he finally gets one last blow to the republic before he dies. Its kind of getting tiring holding hands and singing kambuya by the campfire as we work together to take down a common enemy. Even the two flashpoints in the beginning of last year we end up fighting each other were not the result of us directly taking the fighting to each other. The entire beginning premise of this game is the empire against the republic. We are working together way too much.

Darth Marr deserves a good death in any case. Let death be his solace.

Edited by Nickious

I just hope he finally gets one last blow to the republic before he dies. Its kind of getting tiring holding hands and singing kambuya by the campfire as we work together to take down a common enemy. Even the two flashpoints in the beginning of last year we end up fighting in were not the result of us directly taking the fighting to each other. The entire beginning premise of this game is the empire against the republic. We are working together way too much.

Darth Marr deserves a good death. Let death be his solace.

To quote Darth Marr himself:

[/u][/b]

His desire to leave a strong Empire behind, free of the Emperor's leash, surpasses any qualms he may have, philosophical or political, with the Galactic Republic.

I'm good with that. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The story was a good read but it also had one major flaw. None of the things Darth Lachris does with her lightsaber are available to a sorc/sage. Now if you reworded the story reflect what a sorc can actually do in game, I doubt it would read nearly as good. No not saying they need to buff up sorcs/sages, just pointing out a long standing problem with the Jedi/sith classes in swtor. This problem being they should all be half force, and half melee. Dont get me started to the simplicity of Guardian/jugg tanking.

As for Marr again good story but in the end game I find him more of a foot soldier then anything. Malgus on the other hand was exactly the type guy I would have expected to eventually take over ruling the Empire, but not Marr. Yes I know dead supposedly, but with the Darkside you never quite know. Just my thoughts.

Yeah Courtney did a good job, I didn't know she could write, No offence. Good Job.

As for what you have said about how it doesn't make sense for a sorc/ Consular in TK and Dark force powers not being able to do any realm melee dmg. It's really a croc that the Sorc and Consular cannot do some melee damage.

Yeah, i know about the Balance issue, but still makes no sense whatsoever.

I will miss Marr for the some reason I missed Malgus. There strong, incredibly dedicated, and intolerant of idiots and petty vendettas. That and they had among the most bad *** voiceactors in the game. Edited by Nickious

Look at the bright side: if they kill him off, you were subtly warned pretty far in advance. :D

As long as he goes out in style, with a bang, I'll be happy. I suspect with his and Nox's fleet, fighting the Republic, shooting Silencers. You know, the big jam. Duel to the death with Satele, beating her, getting his ship blown up after saying something to the player character.

:rolleyes:

As long as he goes out in style, with a bang, I'll be happy. I suspect with his and Nox's fleet, fighting the Republic, shooting Silencers. You know, the big jam. Duel to the death with Satele, beating her, getting his ship blown up after saying something to the player character.

:rolleyes:

It will go down like this:

Darth Marr: ITZZZ DE EMPA-RORRRR...!!!

Sith Emperor: Darth Marr...

* the Emperor raises his right hand and Marr starts floating; subsequently, while the player character and the other minions watch in horror, the Supreme Ruler of the Empire manages to siphon all life from his slowly decaying corpse *

Sith Emperor: That was...

* the Emperor belches *

Sith Emperor: SUSTENANCE! FOOD! CATTLE. FODDER! HAHAHAHAHA!

* more pointless laughter and breaks fourth wall *

Sith Emperor: Gotta go. See ya, b**ches. Until the next update.

The. End. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Is it sad I really want to see that in game now? :D

Not at all. :p

Still, I believe it will come to pass, one way or another, in one of the upcoming updates. I do expect the writing to carry more weight than I initially conveyed. Also less talk of food. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yeah they are gonna kill marr soon and its really getting pointless to join the dark council in this game. Pretty sure the sith inquisitor is gonna be killed off soon too the way its going.

Dark councilors killed (or gotten rid of) in game:

1) Darth Jadus

2) Jadus' daughter

3) The guy Thanaton replaces (meantioned and led to thanaton joining council)

4) Darth Thanaton

5)Darth Barass' master

6)Darth Barass

7)The traitor in the jedi knight storyline (killed by first Wrath)

8)The guy Darth Arkous replaces (in order for Arkous to be on council after the inq)

9)Darth Arkous (the revanite traitor)

10) The guy Savrous replaced (in order to be on the council after the inq)

11)Darth Savrous (the guy the jedi get to kill on the korriban flashpoint)

Soon to be 12) Darth Marr... there are only 12 seats. And some just cant stay filled. There are probably more dark councilors killed that I am just not thinking of. And Darth Malgus was killed that was supposed to be Satele's rival but she is still going. I really don't know how the imperials have any faith in their leadership when they are lead by a new person everyday cause the last one died. Jedi > Sith. I am also pretty sure in a book another council dies #12 and is replaced by an alien #13 that also dies so marr is probs gonna be number 14. Don't count the books that happened before the game timeline though, like the Revan one.

Crap if Marr dies does that give seniority to Ravage or Mortis? or Decimus... wait did he die too? Then there is that woman one that's name starts with A... she didn't die though, right? Hard to keep track. Now that I think about it the sith that you kill in the republic Ilum storyline that was sleeping with his apprentice wasn't he on the dark council too?

Edited by Lithinon

I think that it is perfectly in keeping with the very nature of the Sith that a seat on the Council seems to be a death sentence. Malgus was right about them. The Empire will fall because of the blind in-fighting of the sith, not anything the Republic does.

And speaking as a member of the Dark Council myself, I'm fine with that. It's how it should be. :)