Parsely - Online Log Analyzer / Viewer & DPS Leaderboard

Actually, the leaderboard doesn't detect the french and german logs.

On going or not?

That should be fine now actually. I forgot that they use periods as the thousand seperator instead of commas so the HP value was wrong.

Thanks for the replies, feedback and comments! I'll respond more fully in the morning!

Edited by Kinslayer

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Failed Query: INSERT INTO logs (user_id,server_id,timezone,player,guild,file,date_uploaded) VALUES (142,,'Europe/Prague','Tormia','ICZA','3baea69b959de43c6b22d0591b10519c','2015-02-04 17:24:39');

It types this and even more things when i try to upload combat log. Do u know why it does that?

Failed Query: INSERT INTO logs (user_id,server_id,timezone,player,guild,file,date_uploaded) VALUES (142,,'Europe/Prague','Tormia','ICZA','3baea69b959de43c6b22d0591b10519c','2015-02-04 17:24:39');

It types this and even more things when i try to upload combat log. Do u know why it does that?

Yeah sorry about that. Should be working properly now though.

Rip torparse, about time. :D

Just one question, what happens if applying the HP module isn't in the log?

If the HP module isn't in the log then it won't be able to be put onto the leaderboard. So if you do want to manually trim the log to just show the one entry, just make sure that it is there! Similarly, other people can't apply it for you either.

Impressive. Also, unlike torparse, this is actually sufficient to use in a real DPS leaderboard!

Speaking of which, I would drop the automatic leaderboard ranking feature. As we all know, it's super-easy to doctor parses, parse on the wrong dummy, use legacy abilities, etc. Leaderboards need to have an element of manual curation, otherwise they rapidly degrade into a bunch of people finding the most efficient routes to game the system.

Beyond that, a random bit of feedback is that the CSS metrics appear to be done in terms of pixels, rather than pt or em, which is a serious problem when it comes to cross-platform and even cross-browser compatibility (e.g. Firefox's font metrics are different from Webkit's, which are different from Trident's, even just on Windows). Have a random screenshot of the time filter functionality on Safari on Mac: http://imgur.com/EbJ4SRR.png There's no cropping here. That's actually how it looks on my screen.

Beyond that, it'd be nice to see some filtering of the "blank name abilities", since those are…annoying. But that's just clutter. Overall, the information breakdown is excellent. If you don't mind selfish petulance, I may heap some tank-related feature requests on you once I have a chance to play with it more. :-D

I thought about two things regarding the board; either have it so any parse that meets the criteria of automatically being displayed is flagged for review first and then someone checks it for anomalies before accepting/rejecting or adding a flag for review link on the view page people can use if they think the parse is invalid/doctored so someone then can look over it themselves. This of course could be abused so it'd be only available to registered users and would keep a log of who used it.

Only problem with this is that either route requires more people. Beyond obvious things I certainly don't know enough about each discipline to be able to correctly determine whether a parse is fake or not.

I'll have to look into the formatting issues. I did check it on my version of Firefox, which I never use, but it seems it's out of date.

When you get a chance I'd love to hear what tanking related requests you have though! :)

Is it possible that you can split the Discipline trees for 1 char? I mean for Sorc's that there would be the best lightning parse and the best madness parse by 1 char

Done!

This is wonderful, thank you.

Small feature request, if I may: With parses open in many tabs, it's easy to get a bit lost. Including character name/class/spec in either the page title or as a parse-wide header would make comparing parses much easier.

That being said, if you never did anything else for it, I'd remain happy :)

I will add some off the relevant info into the page title soon.

leaderboards for bosses coming soon?

Soon yes. In terms of boss IDs 8/16 SM/HM Commanders, Revan and Cora are the same with the only difference being the loot box at the end having a unique ID which is very unhelpful, so that's the only issue at the moment.

What about adding to AC filter something like e.g. Sorcerer/Sage, Assassin/Shadow etc. so you can see the bests in class by 1 go (not the best imp only/best rep only like it is now)?

I am going to add an option to combine mirror disciplines into one display for this purpose.

I see a lot of people comparing it to Toparse but my guild uses Parsec. Any thoughts on that in comparison?

Parsec (& Starparse) are real time parses while TORParse (at least initially ) and Parsely are combat log analysis sites. Both, parse combat log data, but the purpose of Parsec/Starparse is to provide raid groups or individuals about their current performance. Whereas Parsely provides a public benchmark of parses as well as analysis of your log, which you can use to compare yourself to better performing players. The two are complementary for sure, but each excels in a specific area.

When you get a chance I'd love to hear what tanking related requests you have though! :)

Maybe I'm weird but for me it's nice to see the percentage of non defended attacks I shielded. Since you don't get a chance to shield a defended attack you see a lower percentage of shielded attacks than you really had a chance to shield. It would be simple to calculate with (#shielded) / (total hits - #defended)

Parsec (& Starparse) are real time parses while TORParse (at least initially ) and Parsely are combat log analysis sites. Both, parse combat log data, but the purpose of Parsec/Starparse is to provide raid groups or individuals about their current performance. Whereas Parsely provides a public benchmark of parses as well as analysis of your log, which you can use to compare yourself to better performing players. The two are complementary for sure, but each excels in a specific area.

Thank you for the explanation. So this will help me figure out why people in worse gear are posting better parses than I can get.

Two requests:

-At least the first time I uploaded a Ruffian parse it was only displaying DPS since the last time I stealthed out. While you can adjust this yourself with the Filter thing at the bottom (and it seems that this remembers what times you cropped it to the next time that you go back?), it would be nice not to have to do this manually, since a few classes do use a stealth out in their parses. I think there was an operative dummy log that was #1 in TTK there yesterday for a bit because of this same issue.

-There doesn't seem to be any way to delete my own logs from my account (or alternatively, at least make them not visible). I already mis-uploaded a few logs that were of me fighting random mobs or something because I got the time wrong, and the ability to delete your own logs would keep down the clutter a bit.

On that note, perhaps even the ability to add notes or tag logs within my account to make it easier to sift through which is which when I have many more uploaded months down the road.

Otherwise, great work in the start of an alternative to the TORParse that was, and a chance for at least dummy leaderboards to get started again.

Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

Great work. Really a nice tool! But I have two suggestions.

When uploading a log, it would be nice to have checkboxes to choose, if you don't want your parse in the leaderboards or if you don't want your log to be listet and publicly accessable. For the shy people like me ;)

There should be an options to display only a selected few advanced classes and or skill trees i.e. all ranged or juggernaut and the rep mirror guardian.

And it would be great if you could attach an screenshot of your stats or input them manually if you desire.