Action For The Ravager's Exploit

EricMusco

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

You are just hoping, as stated above, people get punished for being vocal about something, after Bioware chose to ignore rampant exploits throughout the last three years.

No, I stated what I said above. Mischaracterize my words if you like, but I won't defend myself from false words you're attempting to credit me with.

Oh bull **** lol!

The rewards were stated ahead of time, that's why there were PuG groups forming non-stop for DF/DP. Bioware went out of their way to remove every one of your Ultimate/Elite comms prior to 3.0 hitting...there is absolutely zero way you can convince me that they intended for Ultimate's to drop from the old Ops. Claiming that it could have been viewed as OK is absolute bunk...NOBODY honestly didn't see that as a huge oversight. NOBODY!

BOTH of these were exploits imo, and very VERY clearly so.

I do the content, I can't help the rewards they gave me. I suppose I could have just not done the content. But in the other case I CAN prevent myself from joining a group and just getting rewarded for nothing.

No, I stated what I said above. Mischaracterize my words if you like, but I won't defend myself from false words you're attempting to credit me with.

Clear as day really.

I wonder if there will be any poetic irony... one of the people calling for lifetime bans or total gear loss, getting severely nailed accidentally because of a data glitch or human error inside Bioware.

I too hope this happens...I would absolutely revel in the irony.

Again, matters little if they did no wrong by the ToS. What matters is that they were vocal and expected consequences to be had.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I don't know, a lot of people got a bunch of 198 BiS toons and they only have to not play the game for 24 hours and they get to keep the gear. Gratz to them, kinda wish I had done it now.

I'm pretty sure eric called out that gear would be removed in his post. That would be kinda sad if people did keep the gear.

I don't know, a lot of people got a bunch of 198 BiS toons and they only have to not play the game for 24 hours and they get to keep the gear. Gratz to them, kinda wish I had done it now.

they most likely lost the gear as well...

Clear as day really.

Again, matters little if they did no wrong by the ToS. What matters is that they were vocal and expected consequences to be had.

Had nothing to do with them being vocal - everything to do with them being extreme!

I'm pretty sure eric called out that gear would be removed in his post. That would be kinda sad if people did keep the gear.

Maybe. That'll be interesting how that works. If someone got say 8 chest pieces... pulled all the mods and armorings out of them and put in legacy gear and sent to 4 other toons.... all of which they pulled all the mods and enhancements and spread them throughout 7 different pieces of gear... They going to go through and systematically remove every enhancement, mod, and armoring that might be spread out over half a dozen toons and half a dozen pieces of armor each? Some people say they did it over 50 times. That's a lot of things to track down. Props to them if they find a way to just delete all those and people are left with the gear but missing the individual parts.

are you sure about that?

Guess we won't really know until folks come back from ban's. Even then they can't talk about it in forums as it's against ToS as someone pointed out earlier in this thread.

Edited by dscount

Irrelevant.

They did no wrong, hence you hoping them to be caught in the cross-fire, claiming you would "revel in the irony", is absolutely petty.

Yeah, I hope that happens. I think it might temper some holier than thou attitudes.

Oh bull **** lol!

The rewards were stated ahead of time, that's why there were PuG groups forming non-stop for DF/DP. Bioware went out of their way to remove every one of your Ultimate/Elite comms prior to 3.0 hitting...there is absolutely zero way you can convince me that they intended for Ultimate's to drop from the old Ops. Claiming that it could have been viewed as OK is absolute bunk...NOBODY honestly didn't see that as a huge oversight. NOBODY!

BOTH of these were exploits imo, and very VERY clearly so.

i see what you're saying but it makes sense if you look at it a different way. what if this was their plan all along?

you remove the ability for people to stack comms and get a lot of gear on day 1, but you still give them a way to get coms in the first few weeks. then you patch it out and proceed as you intended it.

but its possible it was a huge mistake too. but i mean, they would have patched that out on dec 16, no? or maybe they were already on vacation at that point and the dec 16 patch was something that was read at launch.

Judging from your earlier attitude, claiming you would "revel in the irony", you are no better than them.

Now that's irony.

Double the irony if it happened to you too.

I've never claimed to be better...I just know what I would love to see happen to those who are unwilling to bend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.