SWTOR is a great single player game

Reevax

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the more I play the game, the more it clear this isn't an MMO ... its a Single Player Game that has some grouping in it.

This game wasn't written to be group played like other games were, so by the time you reach the end-game, its all an after-thought.

In the end, I believe that going to hurt this game alot. WoW has survived because of its group play ... Raids, Arenas, etc.

Grouping is like church ... its a cult if you will ... about the time you've had enough all your friends talk you into coming back and participating. When you're having those "dry spells" where you can't make up your mind if you're going to drop the game or not ... its you friends you're raiding with, or who call you to come help with a raid, or an arena, or and rbg, that gets to keep coming back into the game over and over.

Take those away and WoW would have died years ago as well.

Edited by Zepath

i have the same problem. At level 13 I am finding it nigh impossible to get groups with anyway. Now I have never played WoW, but from what I read people just stand in town and spam for groups. Well..this seems like the same thing is happening..except instead of 1 town..you know how to switch phases and planets to spam the same thing instead of 1 place. It is ridiculous. There are to few people to find groups with because either the few people are already grouped or dont want to. Forcing people to keep switching planets and instances.

Now this is coming from someone who played FFXI back in the hard to get party days, and I am honestly finding this to be worse :/

Unfortunately the more I play the game, the more it clear this isn't an MMO ... its a Single Player Game that has some grouping in it.

This game wasn't written to be group played like other games were, so by the time you reach the end-game, its all an after-thought.

No it's an MMO. You are choosing to play it by yourself. Every group quest and flashpoint I've done in groups. We even formed a group to take down that SD-O world boss on Curscant ( Failed ) Also our general chat is rather filled.

Funny thing about those opinions eh!

The single player aspect of the game is great and I love it

It would nice however to be able to get groups when needed. I just spammed for a FP group for 2 hours with no luck.

I would love to be able to run a FP when I wanted, they are pretty fun as well but finding a group is very difficult.

Its really frustrating to the point it makes me just want to log off.

Log off, then. You'd be doing us a favour. I prefer to play with people who actually enjoy playing.

It would nice however to be able to get groups when needed. I just spammed for a FP group for 2 hours with no luck.

I would love to be able to run a FP when I wanted, they are pretty fun as well but finding a group is very difficult.

Never had a problem getting a group together. SWTOR seems to be a great group AND single player game. Start building up your friends list and find a [bigger/better] guild.

i have the same problem. At level 13 I am finding it nigh impossible to get groups with anyway. Now I have never played WoW, but from what I read people just stand in town and spam for groups. Well..this seems like the same thing is happening..except instead of 1 town..you know how to switch phases and planets to spam the same thing instead of 1 place. It is ridiculous. There are to few people to find groups with because either the few people are already grouped or dont want to. Forcing people to keep switching planets and instances.

Now this is coming from someone who played FFXI back in the hard to get party days, and I am honestly finding this to be worse :/

Correct me if I'm wrong but general chat seems to be planet wide but spans all instances. Right?

What level are you? The planets over level 30ish are quite empty at the moment because the masses haven't reached them yet. At lower levels it's really easy to get groups though, just ask people. There is FAR more group content than wow and the quest dialog even changes if your grouped :) Edited by NasherUK

No it's an MMO. You are choosing to play it by yourself. Every group quest and flashpoint I've done in groups. We even formed a group to take down that SD-O world boss on Curscant ( Failed ) Also our general chat is rather filled.

is that really a MMO though? Wouldn't this be the same exact game if they released it on PS3 or 360 or Wii and gave us the option to go online to group with our small groups?

Correct me if I'm wrong but general chat seems to be planet wide but spans all instances. Right?

I am not 100% sure, but I was under the impression only people in your instance could see your chat. As of yet, on the first 2 planets, I have yet to see a instance with more then 40 people on anchor head. Is a almost always full server.

I think I would expect a lot of conversation among the general chat if that were the case.

Not true ... I am a group player. I am an altaholic.

But on my system (Master Zar Listan) ... the majority seems to be going for the race to the end-game, because you stand around begging for groups ... there aren't even players nibbling.

I would be VERY disappointed were I a new player, when the game seems to suggest YOU MUST GROUP FOR SOCIAL POINTS ... but no one your level is playing, or if they are your level they aren't interested atm.

is that really a MMO though? Wouldn't this be the same exact game if they released it on PS3 or 360 or Wii and gave us the option to go online to group with our small groups?

So wait, you want to go back to forced grouping like EQ?

Does the LFD in WoW make it an MMO? Because its very soloable too to a certain point. Which is why they felt the need to add LFD

I am not 100% sure, but I was under the impression only people in your instance could see your chat. As of yet, on the first 2 planets, I have yet to see a instance with more then 40 people on anchor head. Is a almost always full server.

I think I would expect a lot of conversation among the general chat if that were the case.

I'm going to test it tonight. I was under the impression its full planet. If not, that would surely help the issue. Because you can cross instances to join the group.

If you play during off peak hours then you should look at playing on a server in a different time zone, where there'll be more people on.

I'm not against a LFD tool per say but it'd be a HUGE mistake to make it like WOW's. The biggest problem with theirs is it's cross server so there are 0 repercussions to act like a total jerk. Anyone who played before it was implemented knows that if you were a great player then it took you 5 seconds to find a group and if you a ninjaing dirtbag then you were banned from groups for life. This is because people have reputations on servers, something that's incredibly hard to do across multiple servers and in WoW's system the only way to guarantee not to group with someone again was to ignore them, something you can only do while IN the dungeon.

TL;DR we don't need wow's LFD system here, it would ruin the social aspect.

So wait, you want to go back to forced grouping like EQ?

Does the LFD in WoW make it an MMO? Because its very soloable too to a certain point. Which is why they felt the need to add LFD

Forced grouping for some things, yes. It is a social game so making parts of the game require forced groups would be good I think.

I think the problem is, it is just to single player friendly. Yes, there are going to be people who complain they might not want to group and want to solo everything. But honestly, this is a multiplayer game. It is designed and based around multiplayer. I don't k now the answer to how this can be fixed for the better. But I never felt this from games like FFXI, Rift or Phantasy Star Universe.

You can go through this entire game without ever seeing an actual other person or grouping and still have the same experience. It is a Multiplayer game, just saying I would like to see more multiplayer options that require us to actually do things together.

Maybe we just need more people in instances to solve this, I dont know.

Join a guild dude!

No bud, that's a sad FACT on some servers. You can stick your hand in the sand and pretend it's other peoples fault all you want. Some irrelevant forum jockey telling everyone else that they are wrong won't change a thing. As soon as you said the words "instant gratification" it was obvious your purpose was to make yourself feel good by putting people down on a small time message board. You're dumb enough to tell some one that they are doing it wrong when you have absolutely ZERO observation experience of what's going on. Your simpleton attitude that the many problems with this game are "their" faults and not design faults easily marks you as having little to no value to this discussion. Feel free to have the last word since you seem to need to feel better about yourself on the internet. I'm got you on forum ignore so you and your ignorant opinions ceased to exist 20 seconds ago.

^^You fail to understand indents, capitalization and the use of paragraphs yet you call another person dumb? Hmmm...

Those of us with long time MMO experience, including the launch of Vanilla WoW, understand how the LFG tool helped ruin the little social function left in WoW and has accelerated its decline (as in the # of subscribers it currently loses month by month).

Edited by pattongb

If you play during off peak hours then you should look at playing on a server in a different time zone, where there'll be more people on.

I'm not against a LFD tool per say but it'd be a HUGE mistake to make it like WOW's. The biggest problem with theirs is it's cross server so there are 0 repercussions to act like a total jerk. Anyone who played before it was implemented knows that if you were a great player then it took you 5 seconds to find a group and if you a ninjaing dirtbag then you were banned from groups for life. This is because people have reputations on servers, something that's incredibly hard to do across multiple servers and in WoW's system the only way to guarantee not to group with someone again was to ignore them, something you can only do while IN the dungeon.

TL;DR we don't need wow's LFD system here, it would ruin the social aspect.

I was aware you can cross instances when already grouped, yes. Lot of games have this feature, but it was always said from "friends" or "guild" meaning you can group with people on a list of your own, or have the persons name. I dont think the chat is planet wide.

Not true ... I am a group player. I am an altaholic.

But on my system (Master Zar Listan) ... the majority seems to be going for the race to the end-game, because you stand around begging for groups ... there aren't even players nibbling.

I would be VERY disappointed were I a new player, when the game seems to suggest YOU MUST GROUP FOR SOCIAL POINTS ... but no one your level is playing, or if they are your level they aren't interested atm.

Ah well then I understand. I chose a light server population and it seems very relaxed and fun. There are people everywhere and always chat is going on. I think the full population servers where those who preordered and had a week of early access.

I was aware you can cross instances when already grouped, yes. Lot of games have this feature, but it was always said from "friends" or "guild" meaning you can group with people on a list of your own, or have the persons name. I dont think the chat is planet wide.

chat is planet wide and I'm not talking about cross instances within the same server I'm talking about across servers.

chat is planet wide and I'm not talking about cross instances within the same server I'm talking about across servers.

im actually really sad to year that. That means in a full server..next to no one is ever speaking..ever. I thought this was just because of the less than 60 people in an instance. But such silence planet wide is quite..disappointing :/

Forced grouping for some things, yes. It is a social game so making parts of the game require forced groups would be good I think.

I think the problem is, it is just to single player friendly. Yes, there are going to be people who complain they might not want to group and want to solo everything. But honestly, this is a multiplayer game. It is designed and based around multiplayer. I don't k now the answer to how this can be fixed for the better. But I never felt this from games like FFXI, Rift or Phantasy Star Universe.

You can go through this entire game without ever seeing an actual other person or grouping and still have the same experience. It is a Multiplayer game, just saying I would like to see more multiplayer options that require us to actually do things together.

Maybe we just need more people in instances to solve this, I dont know.

I think instancing has already been pulled back. I noticed last night that there was a "line" for quests on balmorra (sp?)

Honestly I see tons of people. Our chat is always going.

Last night isn't exactly the best time to get a group where OP is concerned. Usually people have stuff to do on Xmas eve.

I really don't have an issue with forced grouping. I liked EQ. But in general, the gamer population doesn't.

im actually really sad to year that. That means in a full server..next to no one is ever speaking..ever. I thought this was just because of the less than 60 people in an instance. But such silence planet wide is quite..disappointing :/

There's no difference, that number at the top is how many people are on the planet. If things are quiet then try to start a conversation. Someone has to start it.

Edited by Dasffion