Separate pre-made from pugs.

DurdensWrath

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Premade groups need to be queued separately from pug groups. Especially in the 30-59 bracket.

People are purposefully not leveling to 60 and just exploiting lowbies for valor.

Statement invalid. Valor is a reward given at the end of a warzone just like XP and Comms. In order to not level you must leave warzone before it ends. You can only acquire valor when you acquire XP. Valor is useless anyways. Beyond getting ranked comms at lvl 40 it has no use.

But back to your original statement what does any of this have to do with PRE-Mades and PUGS?

Edited by prodigyqnz

Statement invalid. Valor is a reward given at the end of a warzone just like XP and Comms. In order to not level you must leave warzone before it ends. You can only acquire valor when you acquire XP. Valor is useless anyways. Beyond getting ranked comms at lvl 40 it has no use.

But back to your original statement what does any of this have to do with PRE-Mades and PUGS?

Because when you have a pug, and you're facing a full team of 55+ from say Triumph, that's pretty much a guaranteed loss if you're 35.

So you have two things working against you, a pre-made and bolster.

Dude, you're right. Friends playing with friends in an MMO is just stupid.

There's no reason why they can't play with each other, just not against pugs. Let them play against other premades.

Edited by DurdensWrath

Because when you have a pug, and you're facing a full team of 55+ from say Triumph, that's pretty much a guaranteed loss if you're 35.

So you have two things working against you, a pre-made and bolster.

There's no reason why they can't play with each other, just not against pugs. Let them play against other premades.

I honestly doubt there are enough premades queuing to give them their own queue.

That's called group ranked, which is for lvl 60s. And has que problems on its own. Do you really think a mirror of the same problem is any good?

Just because you have 4 people together, doesn't mean you have 4 people ready or able to do ranked. Reasons including que times, group composition, group skill, distaste for 4v4 deathmatches etc.

Premade groups need to be queued separately from pug groups. Especially in the 30-59 bracket.

People are purposefully not leveling to 60 and just exploiting lowbies for valor.

Premades aren't the problem, it is the complete lack of matchmaking. Premade vs pug is fine, so long as the pug team has good shot at winning. A reasonable matchmaking system would allow for that.

Premades aren't the problem, it is the complete lack of matchmaking. Premade vs pug is fine, so long as the pug team has good shot at winning. A reasonable matchmaking system would allow for that.

Watches Devs scratch their heads looking at each other " Match making? Never heard of that, this guy must have graduated high school...wish we did :/ "

Just quit or sit out the match if you run into a pre-made.

I have no desire to be the crash test dummy for an efficient pre-made, but try not to blame the guys running the pre-made. Blame BW for not having cross-server PVP that would allow for a much, much greater degree of matching (e.g. pre-made vs. pre-made for instance).

It's been an issue since start and BW isn't about to change it. Just quit the match and re-queue when you get into an imbalanced match.

What makes me laugh is that people is asking for features for lowbies only.

It's not a problem about premades vs pugs, but about old level 55 players beeing full PvP gear before 3.0.

At lvl 60, players are still ranting because some others want to play in premade groups.

What do you want us to do in a MMO ? Playing solo ?

They should bolster every player the exact same way, with the exact same power in lowbies WZs.

And remove their crappy bolster for max level bracket, then add a gear set without bonuses but with full expertise you can buy to an NPC for credits.

It would be like 15-20% weaker than the 1st PvP tier gear, for pve or fresh lvl 60 players to grind a real PvP gear without beeing squishy like crisps and useless in WZs because they have less than 1500 expertise.

Edited by DarkNecroCrusher

This topic has been discussed to death in literally dozens if not hundreds of threads over the course of 3 years , since this game has been running. Separating PUGs and premades will NEVER HAPPEN , byoware said that already .

I am sure that if you take the time to search the forums for like 10 minutes , you will find a but load of threads like this and if i am not mistaking at least 1 response from a BW rep about it as well.

With regards to the "exploit" , your argument is invalid , another posted already said , since valor can't be gained unless you actually finish the match and when that happens you gains XP as well and the only way to twink is to leave the match 1-2 minutes before it ends , or to not purchase the xpac and be limited to lvl 55 untill it becomes free and you will pretty much have to get to 60 at that point either way , since i am hoping no one is insane enough to just play any of the game aspects and actually try to remain in lvling purgatory forever on purpose.

As a last note , i pug and join premades as well , since i like playing with my guild mates , its nice to know that someone has my back , who is competent and actually pays attention to inc calls , doesn't break my CC with his AOE just cuz he wants to see the big numbers on his screen and all that stuff. Also , a lot of the time , we dont even go to TS , were just queing in the same group and talking and asking for help in the ops chat , so we are limited to the options that the pugs have available to them , but the difference is , we actually PAY ATENTION to what the ppl say. :eek:

What do you want us to do in a MMO ? Playing solo ?

What do you want us to? Just be cannon fodder?

I respect your right to play with a pre-made group, and likewise you must respect that I will quit when I encounter said group.

If only we had cross-server queues, but alas.

Just quit or sit out the match if you run into a pre-made.

I have no desire to be the crash test dummy for an efficient pre-made, but try not to blame the guys running the pre-made. Blame BW for not having cross-server PVP that would allow for a much, much greater degree of matching (e.g. pre-made vs. pre-made for instance).

Although I agree what is needed is cross-server PVP, I really don't think it will ever happen.

The only time I run into lag or massive FPS issues in this game is when I do PVP matches. Run up against a good 8 man team and they might have 3 rows of buffs / debuffs going at the same time on all their team mates. When this happens my game performance inexplicably drops once or twice in the match.

So I can only imagine how bad it would be when trying to pull players from multiple servers into one server for a PVP match. It would probably turn PVP into a game of who lags the least wins.

It's not even about matchmaking either. You need players for matchmaking to work properly, but frankly there isn't nearly enough. If BW wants to fix PvP for everyone, the only real sustainable answer is match handicapping based on level/roles/skill levels.

Bolster is the first step. Handicapping due to population limitation is the next...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.