Will you buy future slot machine packs ?

fushnchips

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what we need another thread about slot machines, Anyway when a new slot machine type comes out will you want to purchase the pack that contains it ?

and where is our damm Kell Dragon mount do we have to exploit Styrak in DP or Scum to get it ?

I think it really depends on what else is in the pack. I wouldn't want it for JUST the slot machine that's for sure. Same with this pack though, I wanted the slot machine, but that wasn't my main driver for getting this pack. Shae Visla's armor was. The slot machine was one of those "awesome got one" type things. After this experience though, no slot machine if they are like the now version of this slot machine, will ever be a main driver for me buying any packs.

Of course people are going to buy slot machines in the future lol. It's the WoW phenomenon.

When poop hits the fan, everyone will run to the forums and sling insults at breakneck speeds at developers. People will say they 'unsubcribed'. People will say they will never support so and so developer games ever again. People will yell lawsuits and shove poverty stricken children out of windows as they burn their towns to the ground.

But when the dust settles, and no one is watching, they'll log in and go about their daily in game routines. They'll see those flashing colors on the CC Market and buy another, because no one notices anyways. You just needed some time to vent.

Sure some players will stick to their word, but I'm sure a whole lot more won't lol.

Just what we need another thread about slot machines, Anyway when a new slot machine type comes out will you want to purchase the pack that contains it ?

and where is our damm Kell Dragon mount do we have to exploit Styrak in DP or Scum to get it ?

Nope i will not spend money on crap like that to be nerfed. They took some thing fun and made it no fun now i have no trust in them.

If the first I had ever heard of the Slot Machine was that it was an interactive decoration that gave you a chance to win Rep Tokens from embargoed Packs from a year ago, with an extremely low 'jackpot' chance of getting a Cartel Cert or a unique mount - I'd say that's a pretty cool new item to have in a Pack.

If everything else in the Pack's RNG list sucked I wouldn't start buying Packs just for it alone - but as long as there were other armors/weapons I wanted, I'd put a Slot Machine with those characteristics in the 'plus' column for the Pack.

That being said, I don't blame anyone who feels there was a bait-and-switch/shady dealings, given how things actually played out to get us to the point where that description of the Slot Machine is accurate.

Edited by DarthDymond

Definitely. I made so many credits with the slot machines that I don't care that they nerfed it now. The slot machines still have a reasonable drop percentage for the reputation trophies, and I'll buy the other slot machines to get the reputation. However, I will no longer buy 15 machines for the guild ship like I did now, one or two will be more than enough to get the reputation. Edited by Jerba

No..

How could I ? When the Ravager ops was broke (and most other bugs still not fixed) ,but a hot fix for a cartel item!! ??

Right on it!!

This if nothing else shows the duplicity in their thought process. I know Bio/EA is a company ,and is here to run a business, not a charity. Just seems as if all is not firing on all cylinders at homebase ,I mean how could you rid yourself of such a profit making item. :rak_02:

I don't buy packs with CC and I rarely buy them with creds. I buy what items I want of the GTN. If the slots stay the way they are now, I will buy one slot machine for future rep factions, max the rep, then promptly forget about the machine. As I said elsewhere, if they slots are going to work this way, they might as well just sell the rep for creds directly.

As it stands now, I would find it hard to believe anyone would buy packs for the purpose of getting a slot machine.

I doubt I'd intentionally chase after the slot machine barring the unlikely scenario that they pull a quick 180 here and change them back.

I hadn't played since back in the Spring time and came back for the winter event. I was enjoying the new stuff and the strongholds but this nerf has really put a damper on my enthusiasm.

At this point, I don't think I will ever purchase Cartel Coins ever again, I can buy the items off the GTN easily enough. It's not the money or that I'm a cheapskate, I just feel that the way this last pack was presented & then summarily nerfed beyond redemption left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd be more apt to purchase & spend Cartel Coins on specific things than blow a chunk of change on a "chance" of getting an item and/or getting 4053045834085 pieces of crap I'll never use. If any of my friends asked me if they should, at this point I would tell them "Hell No!"

I doubt I'd intentionally chase after the slot machine barring the unlikely scenario that they pull a quick 180 here and change them back.

I hadn't played since back in the Spring time and came back for the winter event. I was enjoying the new stuff and the strongholds but this nerf has really put a damper on my enthusiasm.

I know what you mean....

I don't always expect companies to do what is in the best interest for the consumer ( thank you McDonalds) but to have such a blatant bait and switch pulled right in front of your face......:(

Edited by grombrinda

I'll wait till a guildie gets one, see's they don't sell for crap on the GTN then puts it in the guild ship. I'll play it there and max out my rep with those cartel vendors and buy the things I want with the certs I already have.