People are using macros on slot machines..

EvenHardNiner

I'm sorry but you're totally incorrect about that.

/facepalm

Look up "Presumption of innocence". It's one of the bases of law in most civilized countries.

Can you prove you have never murdered anyone? Should we lock you up in jail until you can?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course shadier players and "business folks" (credit sellers) are using macros to farm whatever they can and until slot machine rewards are changed to have less favorable odds, they will keep doing so. If "you can't prove it" is the best some of the mouth breathing pseudo intellectual humanist philosophers in this forum can do, then you can just ignore their "you can't prove it" -trolling. They are arguing for sake of arguing. In the end, it doesn't matter because BW's reaction time is notoriously "fast". :D

Well in time you may eventually see proof. I have been shown proof myself therefore I know for a fact this person is using macros on the slot machines. However I'm not obliged to show you the same proof.

But know that the issue here is that people CAN use macros on slot machines.

I have long suspected people are using macros maybe in Pvp.

Edited by Sathid

I don't think you need to spacebar. I think moving the mouse and/or clicking resets the auto-AFK timer.

I don't believe that's correct...late at night GTN shopping while looking at armor can cause the AFK flag, even though I've been trying on different outfits and spinning my portrait around. I believe only moving (or jumping) will clear the flag.

I think moving the mouse and/or clicking resets the auto-AFK timer.

Maybe you are right... but these action does not prevents AFK mode while i'm in the GTN! :D

But I'm sure nobody's doing it because "proof" or something...

:) Hehe

Edited by Glower

I don't believe that's correct...late at night GTN shopping while looking at armor can cause the AFK flag, even though I've been trying on different outfits and spinning my portrait around. I believe only moving (or jumping) will clear the flag.

I never get dced while moving the mouse on the gtn alwaye check the gtn within about 1-2 hours without moving as well

Hmm. That's interesting. I spent many hours this weekend at my 2 slots and the only game interaction for many tens of minutes straight was moving the mouse and right-clicking the machines, and I never got the AFK notice.

Maybe it's specifically the right-click on the slot machine / an action that sends info to the server? If you're just clicking on stuff you've already searched for on GTN and doing previews, maybe that doesn't hit the server?

Edited by DarthTHC

Hmm. That's interesting. I spent many hours this weekend at my 2 slots and the only game interaction for many tens of minutes straight was moving the mouse and right-clicking the machines, and I never go the AFK notice.

Maybe it's specifically the right-click on the slot machine / an action that sends info to the server? If you're just clicking on stuff you've already searched for on GTN and doing previews, maybe that doesn't hit the server?

Maybe I have a setting different than you guys do, but I am positive that I'll get the AFK flag while at the GTN, even moving my mouse. I always found it baffling so I know it happens to me.

But I'm sure nobody's doing it because "proof" or something... :rolleyes:

Of course there are people doing it if it's technically possible; what can be abused, will be abused by a certain kind of people. That's not the point. The point is that you can't take action against someone based on a suspicion, and that no one needs to prove their innocence. Otherwise, if one uses that absurd notion, you're essentially saying that BW should ban everyone from playing until it's proven that they were not macro'ing. :)

where there are opportunities to use macros, they will be used. i think to say otherwise is pretty ignorant and naive.

having said that, as players, we can't just assume that people are using them unless you have proof. and you really don't have any.

Hmm. That's interesting. I spent many hours this weekend at my 2 slots and the only game interaction for many tens of minutes straight was moving the mouse and right-clicking the machines, and I never got the AFK notice.

That is it. It is the interaction not the mouse move or clicking that is doing it. Your basically clicking a glowie so it counts you as not afk. As you note the difference is the game doesn't notice clicking on the GTN menu as an action so it will afk log you out if you don't move.

When I try to talk to them but get no response, when I click on the machine and win the click a few times, stop for a couple of seconds and see them resume clicking. Ermmm the very fact this person told me they are macroing, showed me a print screen of their inventory before & after doing 72 hours of macroing and seeing they haven't been offline in 3 or 4 days...You're right where is the proof?????

Or they are gold farmers...

/facepalm

Look up "Presumption of innocence". It's one of the bases of law in most civilized countries.

Can you prove you have never murdered anyone? Should we lock you up in jail until you can?

Don't bother trying to reason with him. It's obvious from his comments he just wants to stir up trouble, there's no point in trying to have a rational conversation.

Maybe I have a setting different than you guys do, but I am positive that I'll get the AFK flag while at the GTN, even moving my mouse. I always found it baffling so I know it happens to me.

The slot machine is a new item, it was probably coded to reset the AFK timer while the GTN terminal was not.

Edited by Tolunart

Of course there are people doing it if it's technically possible; what can be abused, will be abused by a certain kind of people. That's not the point. The point is that you can't take action against someone based on a suspicion, and that no one needs to prove their innocence. Otherwise, if one uses that absurd notion, you're essentially saying that BW should ban everyone from playing until it's proven that they were not macro'ing. :)

There are actually a couple different trains of thought on that topic in this thread.

Yours is the one I agree with, FWIW.

Not really. I've already explained how I've come to know that some people are using macros.

learn2read

No you haven't.

You've only explained how you've come to suspect that they are using macros. But then there are people who genuinely suspect that the government is trying to poison us all with chemtrails.

Doesn't mean it's true.

No you haven't.

You've only explained how you've come to suspect that they are using macros. But then there are people who genuinely suspect that the government is trying to poison us all with chemtrails.

Doesn't mean it's true.

But that's just your personal opinion though and you're fully entitled to it. You are neither wrong nor right.

Well in time you may eventually see proof. I have been shown proof myself therefore I know for a fact this person is using macros on the slot machines. However I'm not obliged to show you the same proof.

But know that the issue here is that people CAN use macros on slot machines.

Actually, you are obliged to show proof.

When you come out and say something like "people are using macros on the slot machines", then the obligation is on you to show the proof.

Saying that someone showed you that they did it is the equivalent of saying "because that's what my cousin said" in a discussion.

It holds absolutely no weight to your argument.

Why don't you google it for me and show me the proof that people are using macros on the slot machines.

You don't need to see the proof, nobodies obliged to show you proof. Just because someone doesn't show you proof of something doesn't me that thing doesn't exist.

But the proof here is common sense. There are clicking macros out there, and the slot machines involve a lot of clicking. Put them together and you have someone using a macro on the slot machine. Simple.

Edited by EvenHardNiner