People are using macros on slot machines..

EvenHardNiner

Goodness me there are a lot of macro defenders on here.

Ok lets focus the issue towards the fact people can even macro on the slot machines anyway, and move the issue away from "are they innocent or not", and more towards "how can we stop people from macroing the slot machines"

For proof, stand in front of the slot machine and move about. You'll find a spot where the person, if they are macroing, ceases to click, as their preset fixed position macro will be clicking on your avatar instead.

Make them stop and start 3 times and record it for proof.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For proof, stand in front of the slot machine and move about. You'll find a spot where the person, if they are macroing, ceases to click, as their preset fixed position macro will be clicking on your avatar instead.

Make them stop and start 3 times and record it for proof.

Already did that. Next time I will record it and show you.

"B-b-b-b-but what if they're not macroing and are just incredibly consistent with their clicking!!!"

Tbh even if I show a video of that, there will always be defenders. I guess Bioware will have the ultimate proof. Unless of course I can sit there for 4 days and record one person clicking 2 machines with precise consistency, but I'm not going to do that. Even if I do show that as well there will always be people telling me "what if they are using red bull!" or something. :rolleyes:

Edited by EvenHardNiner

"B-b-b-b-but what if they're not macroing and are just incredibly consistent with their clicking!!!"

Tbh even if I show a video of that, there will always be defenders.

I'm not questioning you bud. I'm just saying how you can prove it.

I think the slot machines were a horrendous thing to introduce in their current state, and find it even worse that the issue was not immediately patched out.

Tbh even if I show a video of that, there will always be defenders. I guess Bioware will have the ultimate proof. Unless of course I can sit there for 4 days and record one person clicking 2 machines with precise consistency, but I'm not going to do that. Even if I do show that as well there will always be people telling me "what if they are using red bull!" or something. :rolleyes:

If you can prove that I will believe you, but until then you have no valid proof.

Goodness me there are a lot of macro defenders on here.

Ok lets focus the issue towards the fact people can even macro on the slot machines anyway, and move the issue away from "are they innocent or not", and more towards "how can we stop people from macroing the slot machines"

Fine, we can move on to that. So which people are we aiming to stop from macro-ing? Do you know which people are doing it? Wait, we're back to square one.

I do not condone breaking the rules. I don't condone macro-ing. But so far you haven't shown any evidence that it's happening, other than a dubious claim that someone admitted to it, which again, you haven't been able to prove.

To the point, you cannot prove that they aren't using macros on the slot machines.

Good grief... :rolleyes: That's not how a penal system works. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Can you prove to us that you have never murdered anyone? Should we lock you up until you do?

Edited by wolfyde

Fine, we can move on to that. So which people are we aiming to stop from macro-ing? Do you know which people are doing it? Wait, we're back to square one.

I do not condone breaking the rules. I don't condone macro-ing. But so far you haven't shown any evidence that it's happening, other than a dubious claim that someone admitted to it, which again, you haven't been able to prove.

I haven't given you proof that it's happening. So because I havent given you proof, do you then believe people macro'ing on the slot machines isnt happening?

Even if I do give you evidence to suggest a person is macro'ing, there will always be people who will say it's not enough evidence. Bioware has the ultimate evidence.

Edited by EvenHardNiner

I haven't given you proof that it's happening. So because I havent given you proof, do you then believe people macro'ing on the slot machines isnt happening?

Just go and get proof. It is happening, but that's because I'm convinced by my cynical nature. If something can be macroed, it will be macroed. There is really no "if" but "when" for these types of things.

That said, why are you trying to convince others without proof? If they don't wish to believe it, or are unconvinced, what does it matter to you?

WTH is a Valor token. You played this game recently?

WTH is Jawa Junk? It's an item that can be exchanged for another item that has meaning.

Use your imagination. Imagine it can be exchanged for PvP gear or rank.

That would be SO COOL. Carebear me could have full valor, rank and a PvP gear set just for clicking a slot machine for a day, and that clicking pays for itself!

Edited by DarthTHC

It is happening, but that's because I'm convinced by my cynical nature. If something can be macroed, it will be macroed.

Can you prove this?

And I think people are missing the point here. The slot machines CAN be macro'd because all you have to do is click the slot machine using a clicking macro and then go AFK. I myself have seen this happening and the person doing the macro has themselves told me they are macroing. That is something that I am not obliged to prove to anyone. I just want to know how Bioware is going to/if they are going to prevent people from using macro's on the slot machines.

Edited by EvenHardNiner

I spent 30mins at the slot machine and came out with 50 Jawa Junk. This was sharing the slot machine with 2 other guildies and 1 came out with around 30 jawa junk and the other almost 100. Don't think these people are using a Macro. Then again you just put the Idea I their heads. So, I'm sure some will be doing it now. Thank you, now I can stop crafting myself stuff and just by it for cheap on the GTN. Sad thing is I only have 1 more toon to gear up. I suggest getting into ravagers and winning some token gear to RE them crafting them to sell cause that's what I'll be buying next. Prolly the biggest things I'll buy first is the Token REd stuff is the power mods for my DPS and Heals.

Can you prove this?

And I think people are missing the point here. The slot machines CAN be macro'd because all you have to do is click the slot machine using a clicking macro and then go AFK. I myself have seen this happening and the person doing the macro has themselves told me they are macroing. That is something that I am not obliged to prove to anyone. I just want to know how Bioware is going to/if they are going to prevent people from using macro's on the slot machines.

Having to click a dialog button to accept the reward would eliminate some of it, or at least slow it down.

Having that dialog box move each time it pops up would eliminate all but the most sophisticated.

Edited by DarthTHC

So what if they are? Really? Perhaps your just jealous that you don't know how to download one of those programs and utilize it yourself? You feel so righteous that you have to post a complaint about what others are doing. Sure, I don't do it, but I'm not going to take it upon myself to stop others from doing what they do. That's Biowares responsibility. And if they so choose to do something, they will, or not, who F'ing cares?

"It's hurting the economy" So what if it does? Its a game. Not the stock market. Get your mats, get your BiS gear and play it then. Stop whining that you can't make a fortune off buying stuff at low prices at the GTN and then selling it for outrages prices like you have been able to for so long.

"it's against Biowares TOS". What, are you employed by Bioware to police the game? No, your just a busy body upset that something has changed the dynamics of the game and it doesn't suit your fancy anymore.

God! No matter what Bioware does, people will *****. This slot machine has been a lot of fun to a horribly bug infested game. Even worse since 3.0 came out. Maybe it's Biowares way of getting you to forget about their programmers releasing such sloppy expansion? If so, then be happy with your reward. If not, well, World of Warcraft is just waiting for you to come back.

Oh, and can I have your stuff?

Flame on!

Edited by Banthabreeder

Little late to be outraged, anyone could have predicted this the minute the slot machines were announced. Using macros was common during the Nar Shadda Nightlife event, but no one cared because the loot there was bound or BtL.

Detecting click macros theoretically is not that hard, but the code would have to be instrumented to do it. Odds are it isn't instrumented because the overhead wasn't justified by the effect click macros had on the game ... prior to now anyway.

Little late to be outraged, anyone could have predicted this the minute the slot machines were announced. Using macros was common during the Nar Shadda Nightlife event, but no one cared because the loot there was bound or BtL.

Detecting click macros theoretically is not that hard, but the code would have to be instrumented to do it. Odds are it isn't instrumented because the overhead wasn't justified by the effect click macros had on the game ... prior to now anyway.

Other companies have taken the approach of looking at the other software that's running. If they see a pattern of usage of the popular macroing applications, they action you.

But these slots are so simple to macro, I could program my Logitech Gaming Keyboard to do it. Or probably more accurately, my SWTOR branded Naga mouse. I don't think it would be wise for them to action people just for using that software... :)

Edited by DarthTHC

That merely indicates that they have spent a lot of time at the slot machine, but even then does not prove it.

And it most definitely proves nothing about using macros.

If your definition of proof is that loose, I sincerely hope you don't have a job in law enforcement or the juridical sector.

;)

With the probability of obtaining that many purples out of 10,000+ coins, wouldn't you resort to macroing?