Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The Contraband Slot Machine

EricMusco

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you implying going to a Cantina event would make you no longer autonomous? Are they forcing lobotomies on people at these events or have you used the wrong word here?

I think it's the right word. Lots of people seeing celebs of any kind, even minor ones, in person, lose their free will until the celeb is gone.

Was just tempted to buy a few of the new packs from the store, I then remembered the 'Shady Slot Machine' and........ put the money in my Steam wallet instead.

:cool:

+1

BioWare cannot be bothered to communicate with us ... keep voting with your wallets

I think it's the right word. Lots of people seeing celebs of any kind, even minor ones, in person, lose their free will until the celeb is gone.

Given the context I think the original poster was probably aiming for 'Anonymous' ;)

1. I prefer to remain autonomous (at least to you all, Bioware of course knows who I am, but doesn't care).

Edited by Vhaegrant

So you're saying that the poster named "Heat-wave" is a 'celebrity' of some sort?

I'm not on the forums much so if this is common knowledge here it's the first I've seen anyone claim it.

I haven't been on this morning and I can't until I get home after work, so let me get clarification.... are Contraband Slot machines that haven't been used now bound to the characters inventory or bank vaults? I'm wondering because that would mean we CAN'T sell them anymore if we get them in cartel packs or buy them from other people off the GTN, right?

So you're saying that the poster named "Heat-wave" is a 'celebrity' of some sort?

I'm not on the forums much so if this is common knowledge here it's the first I've seen anyone claim it.

I don't think that was meant to be me, rather then Bioware employees. But I don't consider them celebs, and frankly most celebs are pretty normal people in person, but you're right, many people get starry eyed around them.

I do think that most people get nicer in person, it is easy to spew crap from behind a keyboard.

I haven't been on this morning and I can't until I get home after work, so let me get clarification.... are Contraband Slot machines that haven't been used now bound to the characters inventory or bank vaults? I'm wondering because that would mean we CAN'T sell them anymore if we get them in cartel packs or buy them from other people off the GTN, right?

Heat-Wave is right, in the context I was directing the minor celeb title at the BW employees. In the cantina events, they are they celebrities, and the vast majority of people attending the events do it because they like the product, and most people in general are nervous in front of a microphone and are looking to specifically not stand out from the crowd and to not make controversy.

I don't know for sure, and now I'm afraid to buy one to verify. However, if they really are bound, wait 3 days for all of them to drop off of the GTN and if you can't find any you'll know they all became bound. Course, then you can't get one without paying CC.

The way I see it is IF they are now binding to characters, then someone had been working on the slot machine script. If that's the case, then there's two possibilities I can think of that "might" happen:

A) They don't want to slot machines to be obtained by anyone unless you spend cartel coins so that way there's less spread of a broken item they have NO intentions of fixing or....

B) They're limiting the ownership of the slot machines so when they do release a possible new payout update, the players who own the slot machines, (mainly those that buy cartel coins) will have something that'spossibly beneficial...???

What that will be, I have no clue. But hopefully we'll find out soon! LOL

Ohhhh if there's another possibility that you guys and gals can think of, post it! LOL

Heat-Wave is right, in the context I was directing the minor celeb title at the BW employees. In the cantina events, they are they celebrities, and the vast majority of people attending the events do it because they like the product, and most people in general are nervous in front of a microphone and are looking to specifically not stand out from the crowd and to not make controversy.

“According to most studies, people's number one fear is public speaking. Number two is death. Death is number two. Does that sound right? This means to the average person, if you go to a funeral, you're better off in the casket than doing the eulogy.”

― Jerry Seinfeld

Clearly it hasn't.

No one is tieing you to a chair, forcing you to open and read them. And last I checked, there was 2 threads on the front page about the CSM. Which can easily get ignored. It seems to me you just wanted yo come into one and try to chastise people discussing something that is of interest to them, maybe just do the adult thing and not click on a thread subject your not interested in.

Necroing a dead thread seems like a smart way to get their attention, if you really wanted their attention you could go do a bioware whatever youtube video and get it to go viral

Necro? Uh...this thread isn't dead by any means.

Necroing a dead thread seems like a smart way to get their attention, if you really wanted their attention you could go do a bioware whatever youtube video and get it to go viral

I wouldn't call posting in a thread with less than a day passed from the last post a necro. I'm still waiting on word from BW as well.

Edited by Kalarie

Necro? Uh...this thread isn't dead by any means.

But it really should be.

I wouldn't call posting in a thread with less than a day passed from the last post a necro. I'm still waiting on word from BW as well.

Edited by Djiini

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.