The Contraband Slot Machine

EricMusco

/Agreed.

It was them, not us, that decided to put mats into the loot table. If they had not done that... then they would not have had to nerf the slots back to the stoneage. Once they realized their mistake, they went in the extreme opposite direction.

What I found by combing through LinkedIn is that there has indeed been a lot of musical chairs and seat assignment changes in the management team at Bioware over the last 9 months. The people that led the development and release of RoTHC and GSF (which were generally well accepted by most players) have moved on to other things. Whoever they put in charge of Strongholds and Revan expac projects .... clearly is not up to the task. And I'm sorry, but the Community Support team has lost their way, with no signs of recovery that I can see. I simply do not trust anything they say moving forward.

A shame really. They were on a really good roll for a while, but they have lost the recipe (or the cooks are completely clueless). For players, the end result is the same..... game getting worse after each patch.

When issued two feet, and with it generally accepted that to walk well.. you need two feet.... the last thing you should be doing is taking an assault rifle to your feet.

I have thought about it for a few days now, and while I still enjoy the game... I'm going to stop plugging game time cards into my account. Once the sub expires, then I will simply play my other MMOs and give this one the little digital birdie. I will not play it free, I will not play it subbed.

Not because I have any emotional attachment to the slots, but rather on principle. I really don't care much about the slot machine one way or the other, but I do care about a lack of integrity.

I get that they have to be careful what they communicate and how.. but I'm sorry.. it is not a license to lie to the players. Nor is it a license to wrap every bug in waffles and toss them around the forum as CM-Facts.

If they cannot even figure out in advance if something is going to have a negative impact on the game, then things will get progressively worse. Because they clearly are lost, and have no idea where they are.

If they cannot figure out how to actually balance something that is so simple to adjust without resorting to draconian measures, then things will get progressively worse. Because they are clearly lost and have no idea where they are or what they are doing.

If they can be so dishonest in their communications to players on basic and fundamental inquiries about "is something working as intended or not", then what exactly is the point in playing their game, much less putting money into it? IMO.. no point at all. The silence this week, in the face of widely discussed dissatisfaction with how they have handled this latest debacle ----> extremely telling IMO.

So with that understanding... I'm going to perma-log out of the forums and let my game time lapse.

I wish the best of luck to those that choose to stay and struggle through the growing ineptitude on the part of Bioware. I will miss discussions with some of you have been here a long time.

Cheers.

The basic message to Bioware or any company -- there's only so far you can jerk your customers around before they stop wanting to do business with you.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should of started your own goodbye thread Andryah. The Devs may have looked through it. So a good few people leaving over the slot machine , well that's a shame , I think the bugs would be a reason to leave , like the fact that it seems random who can come in your green instance throughout SOR and yes iv'e tested it about 6 times now. Even the new GF doesn't count most tacticals for the weekly.

Anyway take care , have fun with whatever else you do in life.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Balance is just not something BW understands.

Too true. My raid group split into 2 4-man groups and each 4-manned the first boss of 8-man SM ToS.

And we're the least-skilled raid group in our guild.

It's easy if you have a DPS with a taunt. DPS taunts, tank runs out of circle and clears stacks of the debuff, tank runs back in and taunts. Just keep clearing the stacks of the debuff and it's a cakewalk.

If it's an exploit to 4-man the first boss of ToS, well, I did it.

BW can ban me for exploiting their incompetent boss design.

Edited by BuriDogshin

/Agreed.

It was them, not us, that decided to put mats into the loot table. If they had not done that... then they would not have had to nerf the slots back to the stoneage. Once they realized their mistake, they went in the extreme opposite direction.

What I found by combing through LinkedIn is that there has indeed been a lot of musical chairs and seat assignment changes in the management team at Bioware over the last 9 months. The people that led the development and release of RoTHC and GSF (which were generally well accepted by most players) have moved on to other things. Whoever they put in charge of Strongholds and Revan expac projects .... clearly is not up to the task. And I'm sorry, but the Community Support team has lost their way, with no signs of recovery that I can see. I simply do not trust anything they say moving forward.

A shame really. They were on a really good roll for a while, but they have lost the recipe (or the cooks are completely clueless). For players, the end result is the same..... game getting worse after each patch.

When issued two feet, and with it generally accepted that to walk well.. you need two feet.... the last thing you should be doing is taking an assault rifle to your feet.

I have thought about it for a few days now, and while I still enjoy the game... I'm going to stop plugging game time cards into my account. Once the sub expires, then I will simply play my other MMOs and give this one the little digital birdie. I will not play it free, I will not play it subbed.

Not because I have any emotional attachment to the slots, but rather on principle. I really don't care much about the slot machine one way or the other, but I do care about a lack of integrity.

I get that they have to be careful what they communicate and how.. but I'm sorry.. it is not a license to lie to the players. Nor is it a license to wrap every bug in waffles and toss them around the forum as CM-Facts.

If they cannot even figure out in advance if something is going to have a negative impact on the game, then things will get progressively worse. Because they clearly are lost, and have no idea where they are.

If they cannot figure out how to actually balance something that is so simple to adjust without resorting to draconian measures, then things will get progressively worse. Because they are clearly lost and have no idea where they are or what they are doing.

If they can be so dishonest in their communications to players on basic and fundamental inquiries about "is something working as intended or not", then what exactly is the point in playing their game, much less putting money into it? IMO.. no point at all. The silence this week, in the face of widely discussed dissatisfaction with how they have handled this latest debacle ----> extremely telling IMO.

So with that understanding... I'm going to perma-log out of the forums and let my game time lapse.

I wish the best of luck to those that choose to stay and struggle through the growing ineptitude on the part of Bioware. I will miss discussions with some of you who have been here a long time. Many great discussions and disagreements mixed in with the usual player hyperbole-de-jour.

Cheers. :)

This has struck a chord with me more than anything else posted by anyone.

If you guys think that people are leaving solely because of the slot machine, re-read this.

My hope is that they (ES/Bioware) do an about face, but in light of what has happened, it just seems unlikely.

Farewell Andryah , you might have caused some headaches here and there , but always had very reasonable points and counterpoints.

I would love to see a video of a group of 4 people in all 178 gear with no augments complete HM Assualt on Tython. I do not think that is possible actually. It is pretty brutal in full 186 with 186 augments.

The new ops are easier.

Well, maybe the people running 178s should get 178 augments also? If you have 178 gear, there are plenty of things you can do to get the Basic Comms for 186 gear, since there is no weekly cap on them. You can get 300 Basic comms just by starting the SoR quest line, so you should be able to buy some 186 gear as soon as you hit 60.

Hello, Been lurking on the forums for awhile been playing close to a year.

3 stack (297) coins

total return a bunch of rep items for a rep I have maxed, after selling them I had I was still down about 30k credits and about 30-45 minutes clicking and talking to guildies. BW you did not adjust it you destroyed it plain and simple.

used to be time spent there was about as worth while as farming out in the game world now it is simply a waste time for no possible return.

My Guardian tank is in basic comms gear, head to toe. 186 crafted relics of course, and fully augmented. None of the mods or enhancements are crafted.

I have no trouble tanking the new ops. HM Assualt on Tython is another matter, it is brutal. The others aren't a lot better.

Balance is just not something BW understands.

I'm not arguing that BW understands balance (in fact, I agree that they don't). I just don't like people accusing me of predatory pricing tactics just because their neighbor is willing to pay more for something.

This needs to stay at top of front page.

BW need to answer properly the people who feel ripped off.

This is absolutely correct. A weak-***, 3rd party comment at a social function is pathetic at best. I want a dev comment on the forums, and I want it crystal clear. My sub is on the line, not because of the uselessness of my slot machines, but because of piss-poor business practices on BW/EA's part.

Last night I had this funny picture in my head of the scene at the Cantina Tour Stop. A scene from the Blues Brothers was running through my head. And then I pictured the BioWare team sitting at a table behind chicken wire to protect them from the stuff the angry gamers were hurling at them.

Last night I had this funny picture in my head of the scene at the Cantina Tour Stop. A scene from the Blues Brothers was running through my head. And then I pictured the BioWare team sitting at a table behind chicken wire to protect them from the stuff the angry gamers were hurling at them.

lol That was cool..can't help laughing. I remember that scene.

/Agreed.

I wish the best of luck to those that choose to stay and struggle through the growing ineptitude on the part of Bioware. I will miss discussions with some of you who have been here a long time. Many great discussions and disagreements mixed in with the usual player hyperbole-de-jour.

Wow, take note Bioware. Andryah is one of your most level headed and forgiving fans. If your losing this kind of player, you should be concerned IMO.

This is a message straight to Bioware.....get it together. Your screwing up too much. Stop with the silence, put out that letter, face the music, return the cert drop rate to what it was and get the 12XP event rolling again.

Get off your butts and so something about this. This is likely NOT going to just go away.

LMAO at this...I remember that part!!! Now I have to watch the movie again, time to go thru the dvd's! (seriously no young kids better say "what's a dvd?" my kid just did it when I asked for help!)

LMAO at this...I remember that part!!! Now I have to watch the movie again, time to go thru the dvd's! (seriously no young kids better say "what's a dvd?" my kid just did it when I asked for help!)

Yea, it is telling that even at the fanfest that is a cantina the question still came up.

/agreed.

It was them, not us, that decided to put mats into the loot table. If they had not done that... Then they would not have had to nerf the slots back to the stoneage. Once they realized their mistake, they went in the extreme opposite direction.

What i found by combing through linkedin is that there has indeed been a lot of musical chairs and seat assignment changes in the management team at bioware over the last 9 months. The people that led the development and release of rothc and gsf (which were generally well accepted by most players) have moved on to other things. Whoever they put in charge of strongholds and revan expac projects .... Clearly is not up to the task. And i'm sorry, but the community support team has lost their way, with no signs of recovery that i can see. I simply do not trust anything they say moving forward.

A shame really. They were on a really good roll for a while, but they have lost the recipe (or the cooks are completely clueless). For players, the end result is the same..... Game getting worse after each patch.

When issued two feet, and with it generally accepted that to walk well.. You need two feet.... The last thing you should be doing is taking an assault rifle to your feet.

I have thought about it for a few days now, and while i still enjoy the game... I'm going to stop plugging game time cards into my account. Once the sub expires, then i will simply play my other mmos and give this one the little digital birdie. I will not play it free, i will not play it subbed.

Not because i have any emotional attachment to the slots, but rather on principle. I really don't care much about the slot machine one way or the other, but i do care about a lack of integrity.

I get that they have to be careful what they communicate and how.. But i'm sorry.. It is not a license to lie to the players. Nor is it a license to wrap every bug in waffles and toss them around the forum as cm-facts.

If they can be so dishonest in their communications to players on basic and fundamental inquiries about "is something working as intended or not", then what exactly is the point in playing their game, much less putting money into it? Imo.. No point at all. The silence this week, in the face of widely discussed dissatisfaction with how they have handled this latest debacle ----> extremely telling imo.

I wish the best of luck to those that choose to stay and struggle through the growing ineptitude on the part of bioware. I will miss discussions with some of you who have been here a long time. Many great discussions and disagreements mixed in with the usual player hyperbole-de-jour.

+10

Quoted for truth.

/Agreed.

While I am also quite irritated at the whole fiasco, I find insult to injury in their stance that the CSM "broke" the economy and detracted from crew skills.

The Cartel Market, ya know their brain child, completely eviscerated 2/3rds the crafting professions.

Any idea how many Armor shells I have sold on my Armormech in the last 2 years? Exactly the same amount as I have sold weapon shells on my Armstech, Saber Shells on my Artifice and Armor shells on my Synthweaver. Zero. Further, the CM crystals completely outshine anything (up until now) that my Artificer can make ... but the CM crystals can still be unlocked across all servers on that account for a nominal fee of 240cc on the high end.

So for the last two years, armor, arms and synth have been reduced to "augment-monkeys" and artificers typically only craft Enhancements .... but only just now did the CSM detract from crew missions. Rate of return on crew missions is absolutely abysmal. That was the real problem with crew missions Bioware.

/Agreed.

Could not have said it better myself! I have also canceled my subscription and will play until it runs out, then it really will be end game.

I probably should be pissed off right now but I can't help but laugh my *** off right now.

I was gone for 2 months and I pretty much missed virtually unaffected for virtually every single controversial decisions, bugs, exploits and poor decisions Bioware made over the course of 2 months. Of course, I resub just as Harbinger KOed and in the midst of a PR *****torm about a ingame lottery machine.

I'm slightly peeved that Harbinger is passed out just as a subbed, but I just can't stop laughing. Good God Bioware has screwed up. :D